Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The British Voter 02:01 - Jun 9 with 10138 viewsBoston

....has now thrown me three times in a row. Cameron's victory surprised me, Brexit caught me totally off guard and now Mr Corbyn's good showing. Whatever you think of the results, its almost refreshing the level of unpredictability.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The British Voter on 02:41 - Jun 9 with 5057 viewsBoston

Oh no, 1974.... means another election, doesn't it? Calling Boris.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 2:41]

The British Voter on 03:59 - Jun 9 with 5023 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Poor night for Laura Kuenssberg!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The British Voter on 07:26 - Jun 9 with 4917 viewsJuzzie

For the second time in a row the government has called a referendum and election confidently expecting a postive outcome and both times came out worse.

They dont have a clue what is going on IMO.
The British Voter on 07:35 - Jun 9 with 4903 viewsNorthernr

It's actually restored a bit of faith for me. If May had increased her majority with a completely uncosted manifesto, standing on a Brexit ticket but refusing to give details of how she'll handle Brexit, pointing at the other bloke and shouting "terrorist" with help from the Murdoch press and simply parroting "strong and stable leadership" we may as well have given up.

She's run a dreadful campaign in an election she didn't need to call and she's been punished for it. The big positive is hopefully we've seen the last of Crosby and his dead cats and dog whistles in this country now and he can go back to peddling cigarettes to children.
The British Voter on 07:40 - Jun 9 with 4873 views18StoneOfHoop

What a glorious sunny London W12 hungover hung parl dawn!

at last an election I can relate to.

In the Name of God go Theresa go! A tot of early morning tot of whiskey for courage and
make your resignation speech outside No.10 tout-de-suite way-out-of-depth madam.

We're waiting...

[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 7:56]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

The British Voter on 07:41 - Jun 9 with 4872 viewsPommyhoop

From someone outside looking in it seems voters continue to vote against those who sneer at their beliefs and take their votes as granted.
Trump
Brexit
Corbyn

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The British Voter on 07:45 - Jun 9 with 4854 viewskingo

She has seriously and arrogantly underestimated the effect of austerity on middle England. The rich will always vote blue and the working class red, but elections are won and lost in the lower middle class. The very visible effects on the NHS, Police, Fire Services and other public services have swung the average person away from voting Tory.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The British Voter on 07:45 - Jun 9 with 4850 views18StoneOfHoop

The British Voter on 02:41 - Jun 9 by Boston

Oh no, 1974.... means another election, doesn't it? Calling Boris.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 2:41]

1974 you say,Boston?
To me this video is not dated and still very pertinent addressing the dark question right at the heart of British politics.
For my money Woy was wight and wins handsomely.

Anyone for Ref2?

Stick your Hard Brexit Up You R's!

Paul Hilsborough Nuttall? Who he?

[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 7:52]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

The British Voter on 07:50 - Jun 9 with 4832 viewsdavman

The British Voter on 07:35 - Jun 9 by Northernr

It's actually restored a bit of faith for me. If May had increased her majority with a completely uncosted manifesto, standing on a Brexit ticket but refusing to give details of how she'll handle Brexit, pointing at the other bloke and shouting "terrorist" with help from the Murdoch press and simply parroting "strong and stable leadership" we may as well have given up.

She's run a dreadful campaign in an election she didn't need to call and she's been punished for it. The big positive is hopefully we've seen the last of Crosby and his dead cats and dog whistles in this country now and he can go back to peddling cigarettes to children.

Not sure any of them could add up looking at their planned income vs expenditure if we're honest.

The thing that bugs me most about our elections is that there is never a detailed review of whether they did what they say they'd do after the get their term of office. Even if there is, the Electorate seem to ignore that the next time around.

Was going to say glad it's over, but it's not, is it?

The referendum vote has (as many predicted) sent the country into chaos. The public voted out, but not on how we get out and there still does not to be a plan or a strategy in place on how we move forward. That is the fault of all the politicians as, collectively, they do not look to know how to execute the will of the public. A bit of a mess really...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The British Voter on 08:18 - Jun 9 with 4740 viewsNorthernr

The British Voter on 07:45 - Jun 9 by kingo

She has seriously and arrogantly underestimated the effect of austerity on middle England. The rich will always vote blue and the working class red, but elections are won and lost in the lower middle class. The very visible effects on the NHS, Police, Fire Services and other public services have swung the average person away from voting Tory.

Indeed, as somebody else said 'it's almost as if eight years of cuts has pissd people off'.
The British Voter on 08:22 - Jun 9 with 4724 views18StoneOfHoop

Kuenssberg latest: Theresa has no intention of resigning!

Is this her Maggie T
"I fight on, I fight on to win"
just prior to resigning moment?

Methinks the old buffers and grandees of the Monday Club will be shuffling the chairs,sharpening the knives,polishing the boots and calling a sinister meeting soon..
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 12:30]

The British Voter on 12:15 - Jun 9 with 4529 viewsTacticalR

The British Voter on 07:26 - Jun 9 by Juzzie

For the second time in a row the government has called a referendum and election confidently expecting a postive outcome and both times came out worse.

They dont have a clue what is going on IMO.

Good point. A humongous mess as the Tories thought that they were going to take out the Eurosceptics with the EU referendum, and then when preparing for the Brexit negotiations they thought that they were going to take out Labour with this election.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 12:23]

Air hostess clique

The British Voter on 12:45 - Jun 9 with 4446 viewsRangersDave

This strategy for brexit thing worries me.

It worries me because everyone says that we need to know what it is?
Why do we?

Does a general tell the other side when , where and in what force he will attack?

Seems to me that only a mug would mug us all off in these negotiations as it's not in their personal best interests to do so. Thinking self serving politicians here.

I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts, but really do think we don't need to advertise before hand what we are going to be negotiating with 'the enemy'.

Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

The British Voter on 13:12 - Jun 9 with 4377 viewsNorthernr

The British Voter on 12:45 - Jun 9 by RangersDave

Why do we?

Does a general tell the other side when , where and in what force he will attack?

Seems to me that only a mug would mug us all off in these negotiations as it's not in their personal best interests to do so. Thinking self serving politicians here.

I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts, but really do think we don't need to advertise before hand what we are going to be negotiating with 'the enemy'.

Cheers
Dave

We don't need to know, we just need to know that she does.

If you think she's like Del Boy with his "two pair" and keeping it close to her chest then good for you and fair point.

I'd suggest her record, her judgement, and the complete lack of any detail at all suggests she's no fcking idea.

Either way it's a bit of a stretch to call an election because you want people to support your Brexit plan and then not tell ppl what it is. If you're keen to keep it close to your chest why call the bloody election at all?
The British Voter on 13:28 - Jun 9 with 4346 viewsTacticalR

We haven't got a plan because that would be exactly what the enemy is expecting

'[EU Ambassador] Rogers spoke to Cameron. His biggest fear was that the biggest issue is not hard or soft Brexit, but whether we have an orderly or a disorderly Brexit'

Former British ambassador reportedly warned that Theresa May was not doing enough to prepare the UK in the event of a 'disorderly' departure from the EU
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sir-ivan-rogers-brexit-secret-tal

After Brexit: the UK will need to renegotiate at least 759 treaties (May 30, 2017)
FT research reveals that agreements with 168 countries must be redone just for Britain to stand still
https://www.ft.com/content/f1435a8e-372b-11e7-bce4-9023f8c0fd2e

Air hostess clique

The British Voter on 13:58 - Jun 9 with 4283 viewsQPR_Jim

Why do we?

Cheers
Dave

Good job it's a negotiation and not a war then.
The British Voter on 14:05 - Jun 9 with 4268 viewsDannytheR

Why do we?

Cheers
Dave

They're not "the enemy." It's not a war. And the reason we're keeping our plan to ourselves is that there is no plan.
The British Voter on 15:00 - Jun 9 with 4162 viewsBoston

The British Voter on 07:45 - Jun 9 by kingo

Would disagree with you and your analysis of rich and poor. I spent a considerable amount of time in the Ham & Highs / Primrose Hill etc and I can assure you the wealthy in these areas are generally Labour voters....mind you they spend quite a lot of time explaining how they're not advantaged.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 15:02]

The British Voter on 15:04 - Jun 9 with 4147 viewsAntti_Heinola

The referendum was the big f*ck up. Well, that and Dave thinking he wouldn't win an election he did win. 'Stable' leadership my arse.
Referendums are a bad idea for starters.
But the absolutely facile, over-simplistic yes or no question was ludicrous - a total embarrassment. And that's what's now really fkicng us. But I suppose, 'Should we leave the EU, even if it means cost of billions of pounds in lawyers fees, untangling hundreds of treaties, leaving the single market, another election in a year that will leave us is an even worse position for the negotiations because Theresa May, who'll be PM by then, is an idiot' probably would've been rejected as the actual question.

Omnishambles. And they lecture us about providing something 'strong and stable.' They makes QPR look like a well-run machine.

Bare bones.

The British Voter on 15:37 - Jun 9 with 4084 viewsSimonJames

The British Voter on 15:00 - Jun 9 by Boston

Would disagree with you and your analysis of rich and poor. I spent a considerable amount of time in the Ham & Highs / Primrose Hill etc and I can assure you the wealthy in these areas are generally Labour voters....mind you they spend quite a lot of time explaining how they're not advantaged.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 15:02]

I thought this graph published back in May was fascinating:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39936927

100% of people who drink water will die.

The British Voter on 15:47 - Jun 9 with 4066 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The British Voter on 14:05 - Jun 9 by DannytheR

They're not "the enemy." It's not a war. And the reason we're keeping our plan to ourselves is that there is no plan.

Yanis Varoufakis summed it up quite well last night on Channel 4. He said that essentially we've got no hope negotiating with the EU at this point. We're in a weak position and they have 27 different political interests that we can never satisfy.

According to him, the best strategy we can possibly have now is to go to them next week with a reasonable but final offer. Then leave it for 2 years and go back at the end of the negotiation period with the same offer. Don't negotiate in other words. The impression I got was that he thinks we should bide our time.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The British Voter on 15:47 - Jun 9 with 4063 viewslondonscottish

The British Voter on 07:50 - Jun 9 by davman

Not sure any of them could add up looking at their planned income vs expenditure if we're honest.

The thing that bugs me most about our elections is that there is never a detailed review of whether they did what they say they'd do after the get their term of office. Even if there is, the Electorate seem to ignore that the next time around.

Was going to say glad it's over, but it's not, is it?

The referendum vote has (as many predicted) sent the country into chaos. The public voted out, but not on how we get out and there still does not to be a plan or a strategy in place on how we move forward. That is the fault of all the politicians as, collectively, they do not look to know how to execute the will of the public. A bit of a mess really...

How can it be the "fault of the politicians". Farage et al told a load of porkies, the public believed them and went "yeah we'll have that". If anyone pointed out the massive challenges we got "we're sick of experts".

Of course it's 10,000 times harder to actually do it than talk about. May's fault was not spelling the complexities and, instead, lying through her teeth.

And if you wonder we've got someone as useless ad May leading the Tories it's because noone else is mental enough to take it on.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The British Voter on 15:49 - Jun 9 with 4057 viewsBrightonhoop

Why do we?

Cheers
Dave

Agreed, in War you dont reveal strategy but it's not War. Yet.

I seriously think a coalition of Tory and Labour as would exist in a time of War should now happen, lead by Corbyn and tempered by the moderates in both parties that represent the majority rather than the extremists on both sides.

With DUP we will have terrorists sat around the Cabinet Table in No 10. Think about that for a moment.

With Brexit, we then get on with it. If EU want £100 Bn we say fine, but conditions are these; we have an orderly exit over five years because a two year exit is not possible without harm to all, so £20 Bn a year whilst we get it right, keep the markets open to British businesses and get a handle on immigration, tax Corps on UK sales at 21% regardless of where they are domiciled, and scrap Austerity, fund the NHS properly and start building houses people can afford and sort out the infrastructure.

The alternative is May, who could not get the mandate to govern and is only able to do so by bringing terrorists into the Cabinet and No 10.

For a decent Brexit they are going to have to bury the hatchet and work together for the Country and the people.
The British Voter on 15:56 - Jun 9 with 4031 viewsTacticalR

'I seriously think a coalition of Tory and Labour as would exist in a time of War should now happen, lead by Corbyn and tempered by the moderates in both parties that represent the majority rather than the extremists on both sides.'

I have been wondering about something like that. However, what such a government would do would not be determined by 'moderation' or 'extremism', but the economic situation. This is what led Labour and Tories joined in the National Government to cut the dole in the 1930s.

Air hostess clique

The British Voter on 16:09 - Jun 9 with 3998 viewsBoston

The British Voter on 15:04 - Jun 9 by Antti_Heinola

The referendum was the big f*ck up. Well, that and Dave thinking he wouldn't win an election he did win. 'Stable' leadership my arse.
Referendums are a bad idea for starters.
But the absolutely facile, over-simplistic yes or no question was ludicrous - a total embarrassment. And that's what's now really fkicng us. But I suppose, 'Should we leave the EU, even if it means cost of billions of pounds in lawyers fees, untangling hundreds of treaties, leaving the single market, another election in a year that will leave us is an even worse position for the negotiations because Theresa May, who'll be PM by then, is an idiot' probably would've been rejected as the actual question.

Omnishambles. And they lecture us about providing something 'strong and stable.' They makes QPR look like a well-run machine.

Is this the same rationale that prevents Britain from getting out of Ireland?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024