Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final 21:18 - Jun 27 with 2177 viewsbosh67

On penalties... again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40406867

The thing is that we practiced our penalty taking and Germany didn't. And they still won. Well done to the lads anyway.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 21:25 - Jun 27 with 1814 viewsrsonist

Redmond never looked like scoring the decider, seemed terrified. I blame his 40 year old dad hairline.

Awful performance anyway - as they have been throughout the tournament - and exactly what you'd expect from a youth team coached by Aidy fckn Boothroyd.

Spain and Italy U21s are an hour into their match now and the quality is such that either would likely give England Seniors a good shoeing never mind the U21s in the final. The future is not bright.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 21:28 - Jun 27 with 1801 viewssmegma

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 21:25 - Jun 27 by rsonist

Redmond never looked like scoring the decider, seemed terrified. I blame his 40 year old dad hairline.

Awful performance anyway - as they have been throughout the tournament - and exactly what you'd expect from a youth team coached by Aidy fckn Boothroyd.

Spain and Italy U21s are an hour into their match now and the quality is such that either would likely give England Seniors a good shoeing never mind the U21s in the final. The future is not bright.

You seem happy they lost.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 21:32 - Jun 27 with 1791 viewsrsonist

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 21:28 - Jun 27 by smegma

You seem happy they lost.

You seem ignorant of how poor they were and at how far behind this country's football administration is at all levels.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 21:38 - Jun 27 with 1778 viewssmegma

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 21:32 - Jun 27 by rsonist

You seem ignorant of how poor they were and at how far behind this country's football administration is at all levels.

4th best under 21 team in Europe. Most of the squad won the Toulon Tournament last year. A younger squad won it again this year. The U20s have just won the World Cup. The England youth set up is in its best position since 1984. Give some credit.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 22:04 - Jun 27 with 1729 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 21:25 - Jun 27 by rsonist

England U20s won the World Cup a month ago.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 22:18 - Jun 27 with 1690 viewsLblock

I agree about Redmond.

Also, we had two days extra rest but the little bit I saw on my phone on the way home we looked dead on our feet.
Also, one player I simply dont rate is John Swift. Really weak link.
The efficiency of zee Germanz centre midfield was frightening

Still the bet league in the world dont you know!!

As for the U20's. I really enjoyed watching them... only a matter of time before it all gets coached and run out of 'em

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 22:23 - Jun 27 with 1682 viewsrsonist

Re U20s - Couple of patriots over here. Yes I'm aware they won it, I watched all the knock-out games in fact. It's not a vintage crop and more importantly the style of play was rudimental. I stand by my comments.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 22:24]
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 22:43 - Jun 27 with 1650 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 22:23 - Jun 27 by rsonist

Re U20s - Couple of patriots over here. Yes I'm aware they won it, I watched all the knock-out games in fact. It's not a vintage crop and more importantly the style of play was rudimental. I stand by my comments.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 22:24]

I haven't seen anyone this angry at a semi since I persuaded this geordie lass to pay for a cab back to mine after a night out on the Guinness.
Login to get fewer ads

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 07:43 - Jun 28 with 1537 viewseasthertsr

Watched the game, Germany were miles better than us but their finishing was woeful. Our sole tactic for much of the game was to hit long balls in the general area of our one striker. However if you appoint Hoofroyd as manager what do you expect?
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 07:57 - Jun 28 with 1525 viewssmegma

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 07:43 - Jun 28 by easthertsr

Watched the game, Germany were miles better than us but their finishing was woeful. Our sole tactic for much of the game was to hit long balls in the general area of our one striker. However if you appoint Hoofroyd as manager what do you expect?

Yes Germany were the better team. England won 2 drew 2 of four games played. Germany lost a group game yet are in the final. Of the semis, England and Spain were the only two unbeaten teams. Spain look head and shoulders above everyone else it seems. Should they win the final I doubt German fans will be coating off the under 21s though. Their under 21s won the tournament for the only time 8 years ago, beating England in the final. A fair few of that squad won the WC in Brazil. Which is what youth football is about.This summer has seen great advances in the England youth set up. I forgot to mention the Under 17s losing to Spain in the European final weeks ago, a trophy the current under 20 squad won 3 years ago. So to say youth football in this country is failing is totally wrong. But them I'm 'ignorant' apparently.
Now if anyone criticises the England first team, you'd get no argument from me.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 08:14 - Jun 28 with 1513 viewsJamesB1979

We started off very well and could have been 3 up. Should have had 2 pens but they should have had 1 too. Some elbows to face, shoulder from Germans should have been booked or in 1 case maybe a red. Will Hughes was the class act and not sure why he went off. Chillwell, ward-prowse and chambers all had good games. Right back, Lewis baker and swift were all very poor. Got to be happy with semis though. Now need to make sure they all are playing regular football and not stuck in the reserves.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 08:26 - Jun 28 with 1498 viewspaulparker

You can have all the rest in the world but if all you do is chase the ball down and lump it to the big man then your energy is gone
when we had the ball we looked quite good and scored a good second goal ,
after that we slipped into normal England tournament mode of standing on our 18 yard box whilst we hoofed it away , all Germany had to do was be patient and just pick us off it was a miracle we got through extra time
watching the U21 's was like watching QPR
Out of that mix of players the only ones who look like making it to the World cup are Ward - Prowse , Abraham and at a push Mawson , shame we didn't get to see Patrick Roberts, Izzy Brown & Loftus Cheek in the squad as we would have been a lot better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 08:28 - Jun 28 with 1493 viewssmegma

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 08:14 - Jun 28 by JamesB1979

We started off very well and could have been 3 up. Should have had 2 pens but they should have had 1 too. Some elbows to face, shoulder from Germans should have been booked or in 1 case maybe a red. Will Hughes was the class act and not sure why he went off. Chillwell, ward-prowse and chambers all had good games. Right back, Lewis baker and swift were all very poor. Got to be happy with semis though. Now need to make sure they all are playing regular football and not stuck in the reserves.

Which has been the problem in the past. Hopefully a lot of these young players will become regulars at premier level,if not, loan them to championship clubs. Some of them are already in the championship of course and getting experienced.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 08:43 - Jun 28 with 1477 viewsheadhoops

Its wrong to say that we don't have the youngsters coming through because the Under 17's made their final, the Under 20's are world champs and the under 21's made the semi final. What the English FA need to do is take a long hard look at themselves and the structure that they have created which somehow manages to destroy all of this talent and promise.

Germany were way the better team, technically, they looked miles fitter and playing to a set tactic. Hoofing the ball to a lone striker at international level is criminal and a waste of time. They even manipulated the referee better than we did - there were more german elbows on show that on the Circle line in rush hour.

One last observation - How could an Iorfa have been on the pitch for so long without being flagged offisde????

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 09:30 - Jun 28 with 1446 viewsJamesB1979

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 08:28 - Jun 28 by smegma

Which has been the problem in the past. Hopefully a lot of these young players will become regulars at premier level,if not, loan them to championship clubs. Some of them are already in the championship of course and getting experienced.

No coincidence that Will Hughes was best player. Technically very good but also toughened up by playing regular Championship football.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 09:37 - Jun 28 with 1434 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just looking at the 2009 U21 Final line up. One former and one current QPR player!

Loach

CRANIE
Richards
ONOUHA
Gibbs

Muamba
Cattermole
Noble
Milner

Johnson (Nonce one not fat one)
Walcott

and MANCIENNE on the bench!
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 9:41]
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 09:41 - Jun 28 with 1423 viewsJamesB1979

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 09:37 - Jun 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Just looking at the 2009 U21 Final line up. One former and one current QPR player!

Loach

CRANIE
Richards
ONOUHA
Gibbs

Muamba
Cattermole
Noble
Milner

Walcott

Interesting looking at the German team too.
GK 1 Manuel Neuer
RB 2 Andreas Beck
CB 4 Benedikt Höwedes
CB 5 Jérôme Boateng
LB 3 Sebastian Boenisch
DM 15 Mats Hummels
RM 14 Fabian Johnson
CM 20 Gonzalo Castro
CM 8 Sami Khedira (c)
LM 10 Mesut Özil
CF 13 Sandro Wagner

Issue is not the talent we're producing but what we're doing with it from age 20 onwards. Premier League really needs to be brought to task on this.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 09:53 - Jun 28 with 1412 viewsaston_hoop

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 09:37 - Jun 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Loach

CRANIE
Richards
ONOUHA
Gibbs

Muamba
Cattermole
Noble
Milner

Walcott

Hard to imagine James Milner being an under 21 player as recent as 2009, feels like he has been in his 30s for at least the last 10 years.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 10:40 - Jun 28 with 1368 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 09:53 - Jun 28 by aston_hoop

Hard to imagine James Milner being an under 21 player as recent as 2009, feels like he has been in his 30s for at least the last 10 years.

You can have one over 21 year old I think.

Putting the 37 year old Milner in is taking the piss though : )
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 10:47 - Jun 28 with 1344 viewsWatford_Ranger

Harsh to lambast Boothroyd too much. He's not the Hoofroyd we knew and loved.

I know Germany left some eligible players out too but why not have Stones, Rashford etc. there for tournament experience? Have they really all had such arduous seasons? Will they not all be touring China in a week or two?

Instead we've got the likes of (still good players) perennial loanees Lewis Baker and Chalobah.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 14:25 - Jun 28 with 1213 viewsMatch82

England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 22:18 - Jun 27 by Lblock

I agree about Redmond.

Also, we had two days extra rest but the little bit I saw on my phone on the way home we looked dead on our feet.
Also, one player I simply dont rate is John Swift. Really weak link.
The efficiency of zee Germanz centre midfield was frightening

Still the bet league in the world dont you know!!

As for the U20's. I really enjoyed watching them... only a matter of time before it all gets coached and run out of 'em

Probably is the best league in the world. Combination of parity and quality not seen in any other leagues. Nothing to do with the English players in it though!
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 15:21 - Jun 28 with 1144 viewsrsonist

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12182/10929005/are-england-youngsters-get

Very good piece.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 15:53 - Jun 28 with 1111 viewsvegasranger

Very interesting article. Maybe QPR should look at Enis Bardhi based on the scouting report. Playing in Hungary he might be in our price range?
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 17:49 - Jul 15 with 918 viewsrsonist

First half of U19 final vs Portugal coming to a close. Still 0-0 but this is the most impressive of the England youth groups for me, technically sound and tactically controlled.

Mason Mount, Dujon Sterling and especially Ryan Sessegnon standing out. Bizarre that Sessegnon hasn't been snapped up when you look at some other transfers this summer.
England U21s lose to Germany in semi final on 17:56 - Jul 15 with 911 viewsrsonist

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/bundesliga-hoffenheim-julia

On the general topic of English coaching this was a fascinating and sobering read this week.

Eddie Howe at 39 would only be the 7th youngest manager in the division if he were working in the Bundesliga...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024