Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe... 23:22 - May 7 with 2958 viewsMyke

Sean Goss could play Centre-Half next year...
Maybe... on 23:24 - May 7 with 2950 viewsPunteR

Can i ask what made you think of that?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Maybe... on 23:34 - May 7 with 2916 viewsMyke

Maybe... on 23:24 - May 7 by PunteR

Ha not quite as random as you might think and working tomorrow so no chance of being 'tired and emotional' Just spotted a piece about hoe Stevie G will attract a better quality player to Rangers which means Goss is certain to come back (probably was anyway) and with us being short of CB's and all. Never going to get into our mid-field so... just a thought
Maybe... on 00:04 - May 8 with 2870 viewsPunteR

Maybe... on 23:34 - May 7 by Myke

Ha not quite as random as you might think and working tomorrow so no chance of being 'tired and emotional' Just spotted a piece about hoe Stevie G will attract a better quality player to Rangers which means Goss is certain to come back (probably was anyway) and with us being short of CB's and all. Never going to get into our mid-field so... just a thought

Well if Luongo goes, which is probable , we might need cover in midfield. I think he'll need a few championship games under his belt first.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Maybe... on 00:38 - May 8 with 2834 viewsNorthernr

I've noticed the rampant flagellation of Goss that reached its "best player in Scotland" peak after he'd helped them to a 4-1 win over mighty St Johnstone on February 27 has since subsided.

Since then, five appearances, all at home, three wins and two defeats: taken off after 68, taken off after 72, off at half time in a loss to mighty Kilmarnock, on for the last 12 mins, and then on for the last 16 minutes of another match with the mighty Kilmarnock (because they hadn't played them for nearly a fortnight so needed another meet).

I don't know, but one suspects that Goss as our starting centre back next year is the worst idea since Hitler's mum came off the pill.
Maybe... on 01:39 - May 8 with 2787 viewsMyke

Maybe... on 00:38 - May 8 by Northernr

I've noticed the rampant flagellation of Goss that reached its "best player in Scotland" peak after he'd helped them to a 4-1 win over mighty St Johnstone on February 27 has since subsided.

Since then, five appearances, all at home, three wins and two defeats: taken off after 68, taken off after 72, off at half time in a loss to mighty Kilmarnock, on for the last 12 mins, and then on for the last 16 minutes of another match with the mighty Kilmarnock (because they hadn't played them for nearly a fortnight so needed another meet).

I don't know, but one suspects that Goss as our starting centre back next year is the worst idea since Hitler's mum came off the pill.

which probably means that Holloway (if still there) will probably try it at least once!
Maybe... on 06:09 - May 8 with 2715 viewsqprd

Maybe... on 23:24 - May 7 by PunteR

goss played centerback for about 20 minutes in the bowles testimonial match against Bournemouth. I think that's the genesis of the idea

but its a freaking terrible idea. it wont even be mooted. goss is weak, he's slow... his work rate leaves a lot to be desired. I cant recall ever seeing him win a header or slide to the turf... the notion that he can battle for 90 minutes with the power of assombolongha or mitrovic, the pace of a vydra, the tenacity of a steve Morrison is absurd.

his only skill as a centreback is that he can pass a bit. but being adept at playing out of the back is valued in the prem; its not particularly important in the championship.

goss was initially very popular with rangers fans, but the sentiment turned after he had an invisible performance against celtic. he's more or less disappeared since then... spraying diagonal balls while in possession in near empty stadiums against terrible competition wasn't what goss needed to progress his development.... he needs to still develop the tenacity needed to succeed in the championship, to retain possession under duress, to work off the ball, all tests he failed against celtic in march...

I think he'll ultimately regret not taking the loan to yeovil
Maybe... on 07:51 - May 8 with 2618 viewsSydneyRs

Maybe... on 23:34 - May 7 by Myke

The only thing that will attract a better quality player to Rangers is money, and they don't have it like they used to. The media are forgetting that SG is a complete rookie in management and many a good player has been a hopeless manager - Bobby Moore being a good example. Expect the honeymoon to be over quickly if they get spanked by Celtic again early next season.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 8:07]
Maybe... on 08:33 - May 8 with 2549 viewsbosh67

Maybe... on 00:38 - May 8 by Northernr

So that's a no from you Clive?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe... on 09:01 - May 8 with 2483 viewssmegma

Maybe... on 07:51 - May 8 by SydneyRs

The only thing that will attract a better quality player to Rangers is money, and they don't have it like they used to. The media are forgetting that SG is a complete rookie in management and many a good player has been a hopeless manager - Bobby Moore being a good example. Expect the honeymoon to be over quickly if they get spanked by Celtic again early next season.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 8:07]

IF they get spanked?? WHEN they get spanked.
Maybe... on 10:12 - May 8 with 2388 viewsToast_R

Maybe... on 01:39 - May 8 by Myke

which probably means that Holloway (if still there) will probably try it at least once!

And no doubt in an away match following 2 wins on the spin at HQ.
Maybe... on 11:18 - May 8 with 2292 viewskingo

Maybe... on 06:09 - May 8 by qprd

goss played centerback for about 20 minutes in the bowles testimonial match against Bournemouth. I think that's the genesis of the idea

but its a freaking terrible idea. it wont even be mooted. goss is weak, he's slow... his work rate leaves a lot to be desired. I cant recall ever seeing him win a header or slide to the turf... the notion that he can battle for 90 minutes with the power of assombolongha or mitrovic, the pace of a vydra, the tenacity of a steve Morrison is absurd.

his only skill as a centreback is that he can pass a bit. but being adept at playing out of the back is valued in the prem; its not particularly important in the championship.

goss was initially very popular with rangers fans, but the sentiment turned after he had an invisible performance against celtic. he's more or less disappeared since then... spraying diagonal balls while in possession in near empty stadiums against terrible competition wasn't what goss needed to progress his development.... he needs to still develop the tenacity needed to succeed in the championship, to retain possession under duress, to work off the ball, all tests he failed against celtic in march...

I think he'll ultimately regret not taking the loan to yeovil

I actually thought that the time he did as centre half in that game was the best that I saw him play. Read the game well and passed out well but as you say, he would struggle against a robust striker.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Maybe... on 11:42 - May 8 with 2254 viewskensalriser

Among the many footballing terms I heartily dislike, I find 'Stevie G' uttered by anyone other than one of those full kit Liverpool supporters to hit notch 11 on the cringeometer.

I think a little bit of sick just came up my throat.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Maybe... on 00:08 - May 9 with 1985 viewsMyke

Maybe... on 11:42 - May 8 by kensalriser

Among the many footballing terms I heartily dislike, I find 'Stevie G' uttered by anyone other than one of those full kit Liverpool supporters to hit notch 11 on the cringeometer.

I think a little bit of sick just came up my throat.

ah well kensalriser , my son's a Liverpool fan so common expression in our house. More moderate views on this side of the Irish sea apparently
Maybe... on 00:55 - May 9 with 1954 viewstimcocking

He could if he learned to tackle and head the ball...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024