Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you're mad enough to be going to Bolton 16:18 - Sep 3 with 3868 viewsNorthernr

Northern Rail strikes and engineering work that day. No trains from Manchester to Bolton, Wigan or Horwich Parkway. Bus from Manchester scheduled to take 1 hour 30, bus from preston 55 minutes.
It is taxi-able from Wigan North Western which is on the mainline from Euston.
If you're mad enough to be going to Bolton on 17:49 - Sep 3 with 3740 viewsBoston

Wigan North Western to Bolton FC is a very easy taxi journey..there. What it's like heading back is an unknown(to me) factor. If you've been to whatever they called the stadium these days, it's not exactly downtown.
https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Wigan-North-Western-Station/Horwich

*edit, should note that Horwich Parkway Station is very close to the stadium, if you're wondering why I picked Horwich as the destination.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 17:54]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

If you're mad enough to be going to Bolton on 18:24 - Sep 3 with 3677 viewsBoston

I quite liked Burnden Park....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

If you're mad enough to be going to Bolton on 12:44 - Sep 4 with 3381 viewsManinBlack

Bolton run bus services direct to their stadium on matchdays and there is no mention of away fans being banned from using them. There is a 1320 service 14 that departs from Wigan bus station stand E calling at various shacks to the ground. Another service you could use is service 2 from Bury Interchange stand N which departs at 1255 assuming the tramlink runs that day to reach it.

The fares are £3 single or £4 return, so cheaper than a taxi, but the one slight issue is that the return services depart 15 minutes after the final whistle so what you don't want is to be held prisoner until the home fans have been dispersed.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 12:46]
If you're mad enough to be going to Bolton on 13:56 - Sep 6 with 3099 viewsbigstevec

The LSA are running a coach for Bolton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024