Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mehmeti 13:08 - Mar 10 with 1983 viewsAntti_Heinola

Apols if there was a discussion of this on the match thread, but Wycombe's Mehmeti was very impressive last night wasn't he? Only 20, but Gaz seems to be really getting a tune out of him. I wonder if we might take a look in the summer assuming they go down - he looks too good for League One. Feels like a classic Warbs player, but maybe too similar to Chair? Thought he had great feet, was strong, and had a wicked shot on him.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 13:08]

Bare bones.

Mehmeti on 13:14 - Mar 10 with 1929 viewssimmo

Agreed, I'd imagine most of the play goes over his head - literally - but he seemed very good at finding pockets of space to collect the 2nd balls and look to be proactive. You were worries everytime he had the ball.

For all their 'agricultural' play, Wycombe teams seem to always like and make use of those number 10's and he looks a Warburton style player as a potentially natural successor to Chair if they do end up back down to League 1.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mehmeti on 13:14 - Mar 10 with 1922 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Certainly got good skills. Not sure about his decision-making yet, but if he's at Wycombe you'd presume that he's got a decent attitude and is willing to learn.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mehmeti on 13:31 - Mar 10 with 1836 viewsFrankRightguard

He was head and shoulders their best player, in fact he looked the only one that had anything about him at all. As you say, tough playing in a Garth Murderball team.
Mehmeti on 14:15 - Mar 10 with 1671 viewskensalriser

They'll do well to keep him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mehmeti on 14:43 - Mar 10 with 1571 viewsMaggsinho

Yes, I liked him last night and wondered if it was someone we'd look at.

Has had an interesting career, was in the youth teams at Fulham, Spurs and Norwich before joining Woodford Town in the Essex Senior League. Only joined Wycombe in September.
Mehmeti on 14:50 - Mar 10 with 1554 viewsDavieQPR

Makes me wonder sometimes whether we should shut down the academy and concentrate our resources on players released by other ones.
Mehmeti on 04:51 - Mar 11 with 1177 viewsB_Wad

The Wycombe fans were definitely talking him up and seemed to be suggesting he might make a return to Norwich.
Mehmeti on 08:45 - Mar 11 with 975 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Yes please. For me he looks like a player that id pay to watch. I said briefly on the match thread that he has a touch of the Taarabts about him. With our current model of recruitment we should always be looking to pick up the next talent......
Login to get fewer ads

Mehmeti on 09:31 - Mar 11 with 910 viewsswisscottage

Whilst he would be a good signing for the number 10 position, its not a position we're lacking in.

He'd be competing with both Chair and Willock, and probably wouldn't get the playing time a signing like him would warrant, and we don't really have the finances to rack em and stack em.

if a bid came in for Chair though, then he'd be top of the list for a replacement.
Mehmeti on 09:40 - Mar 11 with 884 viewsozexile

Mehmeti on 14:50 - Mar 10 by DavieQPR

Makes me wonder sometimes whether we should shut down the academy and concentrate our resources on players released by other ones.

I hate to say it but I agree.
Mehmeti on 10:05 - Mar 11 with 805 viewsrsonist

Def one to keep an eye on. Out of contract in the summer as it currently stands but as we say all the time on here though at 20 the next few years of his career are crucial so you'd probably hesitate to recommend coming to us now from his point of view.

Scott Twine at Swindon also remains OOC this summer as far as I can see. His Mowatt-esque skillset might make a better case for us if there's anything in the rumours.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024