Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton 21:13 - Jan 2 with 2398 viewsBobbi66

Fantastic manager hope to keep him for a long time,will he get us promoted.
Warburton on 21:40 - Jan 2 with 2286 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Brave decision to play two up front but a correct one. Also brought JoJo on at just the right time.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warburton on 23:29 - Jan 2 with 2059 viewsNorthantsHoop

Warburton on 21:40 - Jan 2 by CliveWilsonSaid

Brave decision to play two up front but a correct one. Also brought JoJo on at just the right time.

Best Manager in years he fits the club and the club fits him. His away record since starting in 2019 is very impressive, we now go to places and expect results when in the past it was such a slog.
I believe by the Board giving him time and to a certain extent buying into how he wants to play it is paying dividends.He is probably following on with a style and philosophy that he started at Brentford, and we are now starting to go places and being noticed as a club again.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 23:31]
Warburton on 08:34 - Jan 3 with 1835 viewsHastings_Hoops

Warburton on 23:29 - Jan 2 by NorthantsHoop

Best Manager in years he fits the club and the club fits him. His away record since starting in 2019 is very impressive, we now go to places and expect results when in the past it was such a slog.
I believe by the Board giving him time and to a certain extent buying into how he wants to play it is paying dividends.He is probably following on with a style and philosophy that he started at Brentford, and we are now starting to go places and being noticed as a club again.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 23:31]

It’s the QPR model of 60’s - early 90’s. Buy low, sell high & play good football.

…Brentford have only appropriated it recently.
Warburton on 08:47 - Jan 3 with 1790 viewsBAWHoops

Absolutely love him. Love the way he speaks, love the way he conducts himself.

I was fortunate enough to be invited to watch a training session at Harlington last year (pre Omicron) and Warbs made a real point of coming to say hello, talk to me and explain the training sessions that they were doing. I mean this in a complimentary way, but he was a deeply boring man, wanted to talk about 3 games in a week, problems with COVID and AFCON, financial disparity in the division... literally all the stuff he chews Nick London's ear off about!
What you see is what you get with him.
His coaching staff were also incredibly polite.

He's up there with Ollie and Warnock for me, even if he never wins a promotion

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Warburton on 09:30 - Jan 3 with 1672 viewsCiderwithRsie

Warburton on 08:34 - Jan 3 by Hastings_Hoops

It’s the QPR model of 60’s - early 90’s. Buy low, sell high & play good football.

…Brentford have only appropriated it recently.

No-one would think so now, but modernising and expanding the ground without losing our roots or going bust was also a Jim Gregory signature.
Warburton on 09:43 - Jan 3 with 1620 viewsbosh67

He's perfect for us. Understands the money side, the entertainment side and the style of play. I remember the first season he was here and my dad was still alive. We sat and watched us beat Blackburn 4-2 or 4-3 (I can't remember now) and my dad said, 'trying to outscore other teams is bonkers... but it is terrific fun to watch!'

The main thing for me is that since Warnock left, playing an unusually attacking style of football for him, we had lost our way and style identity. Warburton has brought that back in a way that many of us remember watching during the period of Jago, Doherty, Venables etc. It is, in the main, QPR football played the traditional attacking way we play.

We are very fortunate to have Warburton, Eustace and the backroom team, competing with teams with much larger budgets and being run in a safe and sustainable way.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton on 10:03 - Jan 3 with 1573 viewsPaddyhoops

Heard him on the pre Xmas podcast.
Talked so much common sense. A pragmatist which is just what we needed after the calamitous years that preceded him.
The fact that we play some brilliant football is testament to his reign so far.
Ferdinand and Hoos deserve huge credit as well.
Warburton on 10:12 - Jan 3 with 1534 viewsterryb

I was surprised (don't know why) yesterday when the commentator (Sky red button) stated that he is the oldest manager in The Championship.

I'm very happy with our management group. Long may they stay with us.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton on 11:22 - Jan 3 with 1372 viewsloftus77

Warburton on 10:12 - Jan 3 by terryb

I was surprised (don't know why) yesterday when the commentator (Sky red button) stated that he is the oldest manager in The Championship.

I'm very happy with our management group. Long may they stay with us.

Yep, that is a surprise - wouldn't have thought that.

As someone mentioned on another thread, Tony Mowbray is younger than he looks...
Warburton on 12:33 - Jan 3 with 1251 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton on 11:22 - Jan 3 by loftus77

Yep, that is a surprise - wouldn't have thought that.

As someone mentioned on another thread, Tony Mowbray is younger than he looks...

Haven't looked them all up but MW is 59 and TM is 58.
Warburton on 14:31 - Jan 3 with 1167 viewsJuzzie

For anyone who bangs on about “it’s a results business”, XG’s, promotion-a-must and coming on here berating the Manager and everything he did wrong the moment we lose a game and not to be seen whilst results are good, that maybe QPR is not for you.

Warburton is probably the best manager we have had since Warnock and yes, we are going to lose games, have wobbly moments, players underperforming etc but when that happens, let’s not go all frothy at the mouth.
Maybe it’s my advancement into middle age that has mellowed me out but I find all the ‘rage’ people exude when we lose a game just a tad ott.

Yes, of course i want us to be successful but I’m also realistic in how we go about that in both the short and long term and yes, i am aware that criticism can be a measure of passion and desire for the club to do well but sometimes it feels just so….. dramatic.

The game has changed so much in the last 20-30 years I feel that for a club like us, becoming a “Man Utd of the south” is just not feasible and if by some chance we were, we would lose absolutely everything that the club means.

Brentford are bucking the trend at the moment but how long can they realistically stay in the PL in a 15k stadium and comply with FFP?

So, for now, we are doing fantastic. Let it soak in.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 14:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024