Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I never knew that! 15:25 - Feb 4 with 2345 viewsPinnerPaul

MW is a Spurs fan - says so in Peterboro preview interview

Who knew - not me, but might be just me that didn't know that?
I never knew that! on 15:26 - Feb 4 with 2328 viewsDannytheR

Counting down to the first "Evil Warbs" thread...
I never knew that! on 15:27 - Feb 4 with 2311 viewsPinnerPaul

Not from me, players and managers are not, in the vast majority of cases, fans of the clubs they play for - just surprised I hadn't heard/seen it previously.
I never knew that! on 15:40 - Feb 4 with 2235 viewsMrSheen

More cronyism from Evil Les.
I never knew that! on 15:41 - Feb 4 with 2224 viewseastside_r

I never knew that! on 15:27 - Feb 4 by PinnerPaul

Not from me, players and managers are not, in the vast majority of cases, fans of the clubs they play for - just surprised I hadn't heard/seen it previously.

Thought this was common knowledge. I am sure he’s mentioned it in one of the interviews with Clive.
I never knew that! on 15:43 - Feb 4 with 2203 viewsParkRoyalR

Sure they'd be his local team growing up.
I never knew that! on 15:47 - Feb 4 with 2174 viewsPinnerPaul

I never knew that! on 15:41 - Feb 4 by eastside_r

Thought this was common knowledge. I am sure he’s mentioned it in one of the interviews with Clive.

Quite probably , as I say, not surprised that I just missed it - funny people tell me that when I'm dressed in black as well!
I never knew that! on 15:49 - Feb 4 with 2158 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I actually think Spurs fans can identify more with QPR than their own club these days. It must be as alienating as it is dreadfully confusing for them.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

I never knew that! on 16:06 - Feb 4 with 2104 viewsdaveB

When my daughter was virtual mascot last season her question was what was the first game he went to and he sent us a video saying he went to see Spurs play as they were his team and spoke about how noisy it was and how he loved being part of it.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 16:25]
Login to get fewer ads

I never knew that! on 16:52 - Feb 4 with 1925 viewsdmm

He did mention he supported Spurs once while being interviewed in his Glasgow Rangers memorabilia adorned room

As has been said, we can't expect managers and players to be supporters of the clubs they're at.
I never knew that! on 20:06 - Feb 4 with 1678 viewskensalriser

This feels a bit like finding out one of your mates is really into Robbie Williams. They’re still your mate, but…

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I never knew that! on 20:26 - Feb 4 with 1636 viewsTacticalR

I never knew that! on 20:06 - Feb 4 by kensalriser

This feels a bit like finding out one of your mates is really into Robbie Williams. They’re still your mate, but…

It has ruined my day.

Air hostess clique

I never knew that! on 08:45 - Feb 5 with 1407 viewsDorse

I never knew that! on 20:06 - Feb 4 by kensalriser

Or when they show you their spoon collection.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I never knew that! on 10:30 - Feb 5 with 1290 viewsLazyFan

Maybe he can do a reverse Phil Collins.

zzzzzzzzzz

I never knew that! on 11:01 - Feb 5 with 1251 viewsloftus77

Yeah - he's a pro (and a very good one) not a fan. I guess this goes on a lot so - whatever really. File and forget it.

Can't deny there's a bit of me that wonders where he was on 22 May and 27 May 1982 though...
I never knew that! on 11:11 - Feb 5 with 1225 viewsEsox_Lucius

A lifelong Sheffield Utd. fan's team just beat Man Ure on their own pitch last night.
Other disturbing news, Andy Sinton grew up as a Newcastle United fan.

The grass is always greener.

I never knew that! on 11:15 - Feb 5 with 1221 viewsPeterHucker

He's a north London lad (grew up in Edmonton I think) so I don't think you can knock him for being a Spurs supporter, they are his local team.

Despite that, he clearly had some early affinity with QPR because he's mentioned in interviews a few times that he went to watch QPR train in the 70s because he knew Frank McLintock.
He was telling that story long before he was QPR boss.
For example here is a quote from a 2014 Daily Mail interview when he was Brentford boss.....

"My best friend at school was Frank McLintock’s son and we used to go and watch QPR train under Dave Sexton," recalls the former Enfield defender.
"He was revolutionary at the time and I was just struck by him. I watched the likes of Stan Bowles in training but my real love was for the coaching."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2605519/Mark-Warburton-I-mill
I never knew that! on 11:49 - Feb 5 with 1155 viewsPinnerPaul

I never knew that! on 11:11 - Feb 5 by Esox_Lucius

A lifelong Sheffield Utd. fan's team just beat Man Ure on their own pitch last night.
Other disturbing news, Andy Sinton grew up as a Newcastle United fan.

I never said it was disturbing and in fact state that the vast majority of players and coaches are NOT at the teams they support or supported as a boy.
I never knew that! on 14:23 - Feb 21 with 879 viewsTacticalR

It's pretty obvious what's gone wrong with our season.

On January 29th we were riding high, having beaten Reading 4-0.

Then prior to the Peterborough game Warburton gave this interview admitting his shameful past as a Spurs fan.

The footballing gods have been offended and we haven't won a game since.

The only possible redemption is for Warburton to do a walk of shame through Shepherd's Bush while being pelted with unpleasant substances.

You know it makes sense.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024