Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cobblers! 12:53 - May 9 with 2711 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/09/northampton-to-lodge-formal-com
Cobblers! on 12:59 - May 9 with 2637 viewsbosh67

It was an interesting one and I would have been livid but can't see that their complaint will get anywhere. Not Bristol Rovers fault either.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cobblers! on 13:31 - May 9 with 2411 viewsstevec

Wonder if they’ll throw Scunthorpe out the league.
Cobblers! on 14:15 - May 9 with 2208 viewsNorthernr

They obviously haven't watched a lot of Scunthorpe this season. One of the worst teams I've ever seen at the professional level.

They haven't won for 17 games going back to February.
Away from home they've conceded six at Harrogate, five at Salford, four at Sutton, Tranmere, Rotherham. Exeter and Mansfield both beat them 4-0 at Glanford Park. They've conceded 90 goals. They lost 2-1 at Bradford last week and the Scunny accounts I follow said it should have been 10-1 but some comical finishing.
It was always likely they'd go for a monumental one in the last match away to a good team.
Cobblers! on 16:05 - May 9 with 1935 viewsNorthantsHoop

So they should, but it won't go anywhere. Will be discussing with my Northampton Town mates at our walking football club tomorrow.
Conspiracy or not there is something just not quite right about the Bristol Rovers v Scunthorpe game. Even if the Cobblers had scored a 4th goal after the Bristol pitch invasion in the 85th minute when they had scored their seventh, no doubt in all the added time for the re-start that Rovers would have got an 8th goal, by the time both teams re-started the Cobblers game had finished.
For those that remember one reason final day league games kick off at same time was the match between Austria and West Germany at the 1982 World Cup where result was fixed so both teams went through. Who knows what the incentive for both was for the Rovers v Scunthorpe match.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n
[Post edited 9 May 2022 16:59]
Cobblers! on 17:55 - May 9 with 1706 viewsdaveB

saw the goals this morning, some absolute crackers in there from Rovers. Hopefully it's not a fix but should certainly be looked at
Cobblers! on 18:00 - May 9 with 1692 viewsE17hoop

"EFL guidance states that from the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the previous league game’s team sheet. Scunthorpe adhered to the rule"

Scunthorpe are just crap. My brother occasionally does some work with them on matchdays and he's said they're laughingly bad.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Cobblers! on 19:29 - May 9 with 1554 viewsstowmarketrange

As I said in another thread,13 of the 14 players used on Saturday we’re in the squad for their home game last Saturday too.
The pitch invasion did give Rovers an advantage because they knew what they had to do,but Northampton also knew they needed to score to make any difference to the outcome.They didn’t.
Cobblers! on 19:58 - May 9 with 1459 viewsthemodfather

clutching at straws. wycombe had a good complaint last season and mothing happened. northampton were 3 up, sky sports had them as promoted, they conceded one goal, boo hoo. they had time enough to score again and did not. up the gas.
Login to get fewer ads

Cobblers! on 20:37 - May 9 with 1381 viewsToast_R

Having a watch of Sheff Wed v Blunderland. Mass Luongo, had such high hopes for him when he signed for QPR but looks to have regressed quite badly at Wednesday. Sunderland look to have regressed from that swashbuckling high energetic team that put our Carabao Cup.dreams to the sword last Autumn. Two shite teams going toe to toe tonight. League One playoff wide open I would say.
Cobblers! on 21:23 - May 9 with 1287 viewsflynnbo

Barry Bannon, Alex Pritchard and Graham Norton must all be related?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024