Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qpr Women 09:45 - Aug 21 with 2615 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m off to the see the women’s team play their game of the season at Ely today.Anyone else venturing out to watch them? Only £5 a ticket too.
Qpr Women on 10:39 - Aug 21 with 2506 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ely, Ely, Ely, ooooo.

Well done you; important momentum maintained after the Euros win. Looking forward to your 'just back' already.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Qpr Women on 12:43 - Aug 21 with 2419 viewsBoston

Watch out for the girl with the pony tail, she's quite good😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Qpr Women on 12:50 - Aug 21 with 2409 viewsStreathamRanger

I hope it's as good a game as the last Women's match you went to.
Qpr Women on 14:08 - Aug 21 with 2343 viewsconnell10

Any chance of a quick report afterwards mate? They should put a few of the games of recast , drum up some interest.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Qpr Women on 14:52 - Aug 21 with 2283 viewsstowmarketrange

Qpr Women on 14:08 - Aug 21 by connell10

Any chance of a quick report afterwards mate? They should put a few of the games of recast , drum up some interest.

2-0 down at ht.A very young squad finding it very to control the ball of a bobbly hard pitch.
Qpr Women on 16:36 - Aug 21 with 2158 viewsstowmarketrange

Ft 4-2.Cambridge scored a couple of worldies to go 4-0 up,but then the game changed in our favour in the last 15 mins and we scored 2 good goals and hit the bar just after which could’ve made it 4-3,but that score line wouldn’t have reflected the game overall really.About 60 fans in attendance with possibly 15-20 R’s from various places.
A good game though and a few good goals,but we need to be stronger all over the pitch.Maybe that will come with playing together more.
One added bonus was that it’s a rail replacement bus service instead of a train so have a guess who is getting a free lift both ways?Shall I tip the driver?

One thing I did find out today is that the womens team don’t receive ANY funding from the club and have to pay their own travel costs,and they play for free.How much difference to the team a few quid from the board,or even us fans ourselves would make.Especially with the high profile of the womens game at the moment.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 19:51]
Qpr Women on 22:27 - Aug 21 with 1912 viewsBoston

Qpr Women on 16:36 - Aug 21 by stowmarketrange

Ft 4-2.Cambridge scored a couple of worldies to go 4-0 up,but then the game changed in our favour in the last 15 mins and we scored 2 good goals and hit the bar just after which could’ve made it 4-3,but that score line wouldn’t have reflected the game overall really.About 60 fans in attendance with possibly 15-20 R’s from various places.
A good game though and a few good goals,but we need to be stronger all over the pitch.Maybe that will come with playing together more.
One added bonus was that it’s a rail replacement bus service instead of a train so have a guess who is getting a free lift both ways?Shall I tip the driver?

One thing I did find out today is that the womens team don’t receive ANY funding from the club and have to pay their own travel costs,and they play for free.How much difference to the team a few quid from the board,or even us fans ourselves would make.Especially with the high profile of the womens game at the moment.

Maybe we should make Zaha an offer?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Qpr Women on 14:54 - Aug 22 with 1662 viewsTacticalR

Bring back Chloe.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Qpr Women on 15:17 - Aug 22 with 1629 viewsDavieQPR

It's a shame that the gate receipts at maximum were £30, assuming everyone paid,- but that sums up why nobody will invest in it.
Qpr Women on 16:10 - Aug 22 with 1565 viewsstowmarketrange

Qpr Women on 15:17 - Aug 22 by DavieQPR

It's a shame that the gate receipts at maximum were £30, assuming everyone paid,- but that sums up why nobody will invest in it.

More like £300 rather than £30,but is sport all about getting a return on your investment?The club have a minibus or 2 sitting idle at the training ground at weekends.Would it be too hard to lend one to the women’s team for away games rather than have to use their own transport to get to away games?
They played yesterday in our old red away kit because they can’t afford anything else,and these are mens shirts rather than proper women’s shirts.
The club seem to be happy to support the team in name only,which is a shame when you see what similar sized championship clubs have done for their women’s teams.
A small investment at their level could make a big difference in getting and keeping players together to have a real promotion push.And most of the players yesterday are qpr fans I believe and they sacrifice so much to play for the club that they support.

The club are allowing the home game against Norwich to be played at Loftus Road on September 11th,but they could do so much more to help without throwing pots of money at it.Just simple things could make all the difference.
Qpr Women on 09:03 - Aug 24 with 1299 viewsJuzzie

Qpr Women on 16:36 - Aug 21 by stowmarketrange

I understand the sentiment but the club should pay as they are the ones being represented. Fans can’t keep stumping up for everything when you have millionaire owners and players.
Qpr Women on 09:06 - Aug 24 with 1296 viewsdaveB

Qpr Women on 16:10 - Aug 22 by stowmarketrange

More like £300 rather than £30,but is sport all about getting a return on your investment?The club have a minibus or 2 sitting idle at the training ground at weekends.Would it be too hard to lend one to the women’s team for away games rather than have to use their own transport to get to away games?
They played yesterday in our old red away kit because they can’t afford anything else,and these are mens shirts rather than proper women’s shirts.
The club seem to be happy to support the team in name only,which is a shame when you see what similar sized championship clubs have done for their women’s teams.
A small investment at their level could make a big difference in getting and keeping players together to have a real promotion push.And most of the players yesterday are qpr fans I believe and they sacrifice so much to play for the club that they support.

The club are allowing the home game against Norwich to be played at Loftus Road on September 11th,but they could do so much more to help without throwing pots of money at it.Just simple things could make all the difference.

Makes the whole look at us the player who won the Euros for England started off here at QPR look even more ridiculous

As My Nan would say QPR are all fur coat no knickers at times
Qpr Women on 09:10 - Aug 24 with 1275 viewsslmrstid

Qpr Women on 09:06 - Aug 24 by daveB

Makes the whole look at us the player who won the Euros for England started off here at QPR look even more ridiculous

As My Nan would say QPR are all fur coat no knickers at times

Agree with this, I felt the Chloe Kelly stuff was hypocritical from the club at best (as much as we as fans should be VERY proud of her!) and to find out after all that the club still gives no financial support to its womens section actually quite outrageous.
Qpr Women on 09:52 - Aug 24 with 1202 viewsdaveB

Qpr Women on 09:10 - Aug 24 by slmrstid

Agree with this, I felt the Chloe Kelly stuff was hypocritical from the club at best (as much as we as fans should be VERY proud of her!) and to find out after all that the club still gives no financial support to its womens section actually quite outrageous.

I'm glad she had a good day and it was fully deserved for her and her family but the club trying to take some sort of credit was comical
Qpr Women on 12:00 - Aug 24 with 1133 viewsstanistheman

Qpr Women on 09:52 - Aug 24 by daveB

I'm glad she had a good day and it was fully deserved for her and her family but the club trying to take some sort of credit was comical

Totally agree. They should try and be a bit more supportive of the Women's team and as stated, let them use one of the mini buses as transport and supply them with proper kits at the very least It won't financially hurt the owners.
Qpr Women on 12:02 - Aug 24 with 1130 viewsloftboy

On the flip side we can’t even afford a striker, his will diverting funds away from the main side help in the present financial situation?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Qpr Women on 12:30 - Aug 24 with 1088 viewsdmm

Qpr Women on 12:02 - Aug 24 by loftboy

On the flip side we can’t even afford a striker, his will diverting funds away from the main side help in the present financial situation?

I understand your point but I doubt a small investment of a few thousand to the women's team would make any difference to getting a new player into the men's team.
Qpr Women on 12:31 - Aug 24 with 1086 viewsslmrstid

Compared to money being splurged elsewhere in the club a bit of investment in the womens section would be absolutely miniscule.

We're asking these girls to represent our club yet giving them nothing to do so? Even the youth teams get more support than that!
Qpr Women on 12:39 - Aug 24 with 1078 viewsdaveB

As a club we talk a good game, talk up the womens team etc but don't want to pay for it. Thats fine if they'd rather spend money elsewhere, the way the womens game has gone it's basically a mini premier league now you need to spend a fortune to close the gap and perfectly understandable not to do that but could at least give them this years kit. That surley won't cost that much
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024