Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon 10:11 - Sep 23 with 3353 viewsNorthernr

Little international break bonus for our lovely Patreon subscribers just went live.

Alex and Matt Winton, behind the scenes on the DouDou/Shittu/Bircham deals and all the madness going on at the club at the time.

Recorded with the guys last night, really enjoyed the chat, hope you do too.

https://www.patreon.com/LoftForWords
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 13:24 - Sep 23 with 2966 viewseastside_r

I cannot recommend this enough, absolutely great stuff.
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 13:38 - Sep 23 with 2923 viewsNorthernr

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 13:24 - Sep 23 by eastside_r

I cannot recommend this enough, absolutely great stuff.

Pleased you enjoyed it mate, they were good value I thought.
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 14:26 - Sep 23 with 2830 viewseastside_r

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 13:38 - Sep 23 by Northernr

Pleased you enjoyed it mate, they were good value I thought.

Clive. I listened to the Patreon - was that edited at all?

It seemed that on certain subjects that there was so much more to say or perhaps the brothers thought that they had said enough?

They certainly were good value but the old showbiz maxim of always leave them [us] wanting more applies here.
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 14:26 - Sep 23 with 2826 viewsNorthernr

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 14:26 - Sep 23 by eastside_r

Clive. I listened to the Patreon - was that edited at all?

It seemed that on certain subjects that there was so much more to say or perhaps the brothers thought that they had said enough?

They certainly were good value but the old showbiz maxim of always leave them [us] wanting more applies here.

No edits, conversation went up as it was. Plenty of legals though as you can imagine, and only so much you can say about certain incidents.
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 14:54 - Sep 23 with 2782 viewsdaveB

really looking forward to this one
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 15:17 - Sep 23 with 2738 viewsSnipper

Jesus, I knew we were a basket case of a club in the early 2000s, but we were actually much worse than that.

If Netflix made a fictional football documentary about the behind the scenes happenings at a run down football club, and just used what was happening at QPR at the time, then they’d have a hit on their hands.

Of course the critics would call it far fetched drivel. Lol.
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 15:39 - Sep 23 with 2695 viewsPlanetHonneywood

On the old dot.org many moons ago, the Wintons were coming in for some right abuse over the Shittu transfer from the type of numb nuts that I am sure have taken to Twitter with great gusto.

I posted something along the lines that if they hadn't put their money where these fans' gobs were, then we'd never have signed Shittu and yes, if they made cash on selling on, then good for them because the moaners sure as hell wouldn't be looking to organise a whip round to compensate the Wintons if they lost money.

A few days later, one of the Winton boys messaged me to say thanks for sticking up for them.

Nice touch I thought from decent Rfosi who didn't deserve anything but credit for their actions and not abuse.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 16:01 - Sep 23 with 2610 viewspaulparker

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 15:39 - Sep 23 by PlanetHonneywood

On the old dot.org many moons ago, the Wintons were coming in for some right abuse over the Shittu transfer from the type of numb nuts that I am sure have taken to Twitter with great gusto.

I posted something along the lines that if they hadn't put their money where these fans' gobs were, then we'd never have signed Shittu and yes, if they made cash on selling on, then good for them because the moaners sure as hell wouldn't be looking to organise a whip round to compensate the Wintons if they lost money.

A few days later, one of the Winton boys messaged me to say thanks for sticking up for them.

Nice touch I thought from decent Rfosi who didn't deserve anything but credit for their actions and not abuse.

Same as some of the fanzines at the time as well giving them stick
Unsung heroes of the club imo and deserve a hell of a lot of credit than they get
Never was a lap of honour more appropriate than when Mr Winton did his before the Barnsley game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 16:05 - Sep 23 with 2610 viewsNorthernr

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 16:01 - Sep 23 by paulparker

Same as some of the fanzines at the time as well giving them stick
Unsung heroes of the club imo and deserve a hell of a lot of credit than they get
Never was a lap of honour more appropriate than when Mr Winton did his before the Barnsley game

I think, and we go into this a bit in the chat, around that time you were either with Paladini, or you were against him, and if you weren't with him you could end up on the end of a lot of rumours, slurs, abuse and attacks from those who were with him. Message boards got very toxic around that time.
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 16:11 - Sep 23 with 2589 viewsngbqpr

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 16:05 - Sep 23 by Northernr

I think, and we go into this a bit in the chat, around that time you were either with Paladini, or you were against him, and if you weren't with him you could end up on the end of a lot of rumours, slurs, abuse and attacks from those who were with him. Message boards got very toxic around that time.

QBlockPete - currently residing in the 'where are they now?' file...hopefully with his drum shoved up his jacksie.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 16:43 - Sep 23 with 2506 viewspaulhoop2

Probably lost his free ticket after Giani went lol

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 16:59 - Sep 23 with 2478 viewsJuzzie

Great listen.

I remember those days well, horrible toxicity and a lot of 'fans' really need to take a long look at themselves especially in the way they conducted themselves towards people who genuinely wanted the best for the club and put a huge amount of money in to that effect.
Really shameful behavior, especially those who allowed themselves to be sucked into the gang.
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 17:34 - Sep 23 with 2399 viewsaston_hoop

Looking forward to this one, got a 1.5h train ride tomorrow that it'll be perfect for. I was perhaps just slightly too young and/or naïve to have fully understood all the nuances during that era so hopefully fills in some gaps too

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 18:01 - Sep 23 with 2343 viewsdaveB

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 16:05 - Sep 23 by Northernr

That was certainly true, i had several threatning letters and emails around that time, A mad time to be a fan those few years, i found out far more than I wanted to about the politics of a football club
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 18:08 - Sep 23 with 2313 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 18:01 - Sep 23 by daveB

That was certainly true, i had several threatning letters and emails around that time, A mad time to be a fan those few years, i found out far more than I wanted to about the politics of a football club

There's always going to be people who run the sport like a bad business and people who run the business unsportingly. The Philip Wrigley quote is right: "Baseball is too much of a sport to be called a business, and too much of a business to be called a sport."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 22:17 - Sep 23 with 1995 viewsLblock

Met them both back then when I spent the day at the training ground on a bit of an odd jaunt with a mate of mine back then.
Was a really eye opening day.

The Winton brothers were brilliant and proper down to earth same as us fans.
Fascinating chat with them and a few others.
I ended up talking quite a bit about their other interest Ghost... checked out some of their clothes and my God it was miles away from my price range!!

Proper, proper R's fans

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 03:23 - Sep 24 with 1831 viewsSydneyRs

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 16:11 - Sep 23 by ngbqpr

QBlockPete - currently residing in the 'where are they now?' file...hopefully with his drum shoved up his jacksie.

Along with his mate Scott Jones.
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 09:24 - Sep 24 with 1664 viewsQPR_Jim

Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 15:17 - Sep 23 by Snipper

Jesus, I knew we were a basket case of a club in the early 2000s, but we were actually much worse than that.

If Netflix made a fictional football documentary about the behind the scenes happenings at a run down football club, and just used what was happening at QPR at the time, then they’d have a hit on their hands.

Of course the critics would call it far fetched drivel. Lol.

I'm only 30mins in but it's been really good so far.

The mere mention of the Panama loan took me back to buckets around the ground. As a teenager it seemed a very real possibility that the club would be gone by now
Alex and Matt Winton on the Patreon on 15:20 - Sep 25 with 828 viewsw7r

I think it was the best one yet, really enjoyed listening to the Winton’s version of events during that mad period. Anybody know why they came in for so much stick? I can’t understand why, seems that they were real fans who had a few quid and wanted to help out. Harold sounds like a strong character who wasn’t afraid to ruffle feathers a call out the nonsense that was going on. Interesting about Wright,Blackburn, Briatore etc they all sound like right c.nuts.

I’m grateful to them for putting their money where their mouths were, shame Harold is no longer with us I’ve a feeling it would have made a great podcast.

Thanks Clive, and the Winton lads!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024