Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Drewe 18:49 - Mar 4 with 5103 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Coped well I thought. Lookkwd quite lightweight though.

I gather he has a long throw as they tried to place him at throw ins on the other side a couple of times but it seemed he was getting conflicting instructions.

Aaron Drewe on 21:50 - Mar 4 with 3373 viewspaulhoop2

Nice to see a young pup given his chance did well for a debut in the circumstance we find ourselves in anyone no anything about Arora who was on the bench

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Aaron Drewe on 22:01 - Mar 4 with 3337 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Aaron Drewe on 21:50 - Mar 4 by paulhoop2

Nice to see a young pup given his chance did well for a debut in the circumstance we find ourselves in anyone no anything about Arora who was on the bench

I can sum up Aurora in two words:

1) Northern
2) Light
Aaron Drewe on 22:06 - Mar 4 with 3311 viewsLblock

Caveat - I didn’t see the first half

Fair play if you were impressed with his full debut.
He must’ve been international class first half.
From what I saw my first thought was “whoever is handing out contracts to these young full backs needs a lethal injection”.
Harsh maybe but I saw nothing that made me think he could do any sort of job as right back or right wing back.
But then the ClownMafia know more than me so we’ll see

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Aaron Drewe on 22:08 - Mar 4 with 3288 viewspaulparker

Aaron Drewe on 22:06 - Mar 4 by Lblock

From what I saw my first thought was “whoever is handing out contracts to these young full backs needs a lethal injection”.
Harsh maybe but I saw nothing that made me think he could do any sort of job as right back or right wing back.

Knowing our DOF he has a 8 year contract

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Aaron Drewe on 22:14 - Mar 4 with 3275 viewsOldPedro

Question - have you seen Drewe play apart from the 2nd half today? Or do you think that watching a young player play for one half of football alongside a centreback who is completely out of form, in a team in awful form, is enough to categorically decide that he isn't goof enough?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Aaron Drewe on 22:27 - Mar 4 with 3187 viewsDamo1962

He is probably our future...so let's give the young guy a chance. I'm sure he was incredibly proud to pull on our shirt today - unlike most of the rest
Aaron Drewe on 22:29 - Mar 4 with 3203 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I didn’t say he was Cafu, just that he coped well but don’t let that stop you from shitting all over the lad on his football league debut.
Aaron Drewe on 22:33 - Mar 4 with 3164 viewsaston_hoop

Aaron Drewe on 21:50 - Mar 4 by paulhoop2

Deep lying central midfielder, good passer of the ball and reads the game well from what I've seen of him for the B team. Certainly stands out at that level as a very tidy player. London lad but Iraqi dad so made his international debut for them last year. Wouldn't mind seeing him get some of the minutes Dozzell has been getting recently to see where he is at. Needs mens football certainly but reading some of the comments about Drewe, if he isn't Andrea Pirlo from his first minutes I fear for him

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Drewe on 23:15 - Mar 4 with 3059 viewsRangersw12

Thought he was clealry out of his depth
Aaron Drewe on 23:21 - Mar 4 with 3024 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Aaron Drewe on 23:15 - Mar 4 by Rangersw12

Thought he was clealry out of his depth

Yeah fck him.
Aaron Drewe on 00:09 - Mar 5 with 2906 viewsRangersw12

Aaron Drewe on 23:21 - Mar 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah fck him.

Sorry am I supposed to pretend he's the 2nd coming of Clive Wilson or something?
Aaron Drewe on 00:35 - Mar 5 with 2832 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I thought the kid did ok to be fair. It was his debut and he was playing out of position. Nothing spectacular going forward but defensively he was far more accomplished than Kakay, who was all at sea. The long throw is a useful weapon too.
Aaron Drewe on 07:29 - Mar 5 with 2631 viewsdistortR

Aaron Drewe on 00:35 - Mar 5 by Benny_the_Ball

I thought the kid did ok to be fair. It was his debut and he was playing out of position. Nothing spectacular going forward but defensively he was far more accomplished than Kakay, who was all at sea. The long throw is a useful weapon too.

Yeah, I thought he was ok, couple of poor passes in the second half as he began to look a bit overwhelmed by it all, but seemed sound enough defensively.
Ideally, you'd introduce youngsters slowly, into a steady team....
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 7:30]
Aaron Drewe on 08:01 - Mar 5 with 2547 viewsQPROslo

Aaron Drewe on 00:35 - Mar 5 by Benny_the_Ball

Yeah long time since I've seen us use good long throws and Rotherham looked surprised by it too. They caused them some panic at the back. Drewe did well in a hard game to make your first Championship start. Good luck to him, he's been with us since he was 9 years old with some loans thrown in.
Aaron Drewe on 08:09 - Mar 5 with 2509 viewsdistortR

Aaron Drewe on 08:01 - Mar 5 by QPROslo

Yeah long time since I've seen us use good long throws and Rotherham looked surprised by it too. They caused them some panic at the back. Drewe did well in a hard game to make your first Championship start. Good luck to him, he's been with us since he was 9 years old with some loans thrown in.

That was one of the frustrations of the day, their defence was clearly vulnerable, but we didn't have the wit to test them enough.
Aaron Drewe on 08:34 - Mar 5 with 2435 viewsloftboy

Other than a couple of mis-hit passes I thought he did very well amongst a bad lot.
Please don’t judge him after one game , that’s the kind of thing that can destroy a player.
Armstrong made a difference when he came on as well, hopefully he’ll start next time out.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Aaron Drewe on 09:13 - Mar 5 with 2317 viewsgazza1

Inconsistent. and understandably so. Done okish.

Posters need to realise that the 'step-up' to first team championship football is massive.
Aaron Drewe on 10:19 - Mar 5 with 2171 viewsLblock

Aaron Drewe on 22:14 - Mar 4 by OldPedro

Question - have you seen Drewe play apart from the 2nd half today? Or do you think that watching a young player play for one half of football alongside a centreback who is completely out of form, in a team in awful form, is enough to categorically decide that he isn't goof enough?

Answer - yes I saw him make his debut in a cup game previously before his full league debut in this game. I think I’m general you need to judge a young player maybe over 25 games but this is QPR and full backs we are talking about. The lad is cursed.

He may well have a growth spurt, develop strength and rapid pace over this summer plus also be able to beat a man, put a cross in and have a monster tackle. If he does then great; he’ll be useful in League One.

Hope that helps.

Not directed at you as you asked a question but I see our resident “Everyone is entitled to an opinion / position on something as long as it agreed with mine” Mr Sanctimonious also takes exception to my view. Oh well; let’s hope I’m wrong and others who agree with the ClownMafia are right

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Aaron Drewe on 11:15 - Mar 5 with 2048 viewsPunteR

Aaron Drewe on 09:13 - Mar 5 by gazza1

Inconsistent. and understandably so. Done okish.

Posters need to realise that the 'step-up' to first team championship football is massive.

Not sure I agree with your step up comment as being massive. If things were done right at the club then the step up for young players shouldn't be massive. Aaron Drewe is in there because of "injuries " so is now thrown into the deep end. It's a pretty fair comment to say he looked out of his depth. Not sure what bazza is going on about. Starts a thread then doesn't like honest opinions.
Let's see how Aaron Drewe's career takes off from here. This fast tracking of him will either make or break him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Aaron Drewe on 12:49 - Mar 5 with 1905 viewsgazza1

Aaron Drewe on 11:15 - Mar 5 by PunteR

Not sure I agree with your step up comment as being massive. If things were done right at the club then the step up for young players shouldn't be massive. Aaron Drewe is in there because of "injuries " so is now thrown into the deep end. It's a pretty fair comment to say he looked out of his depth. Not sure what bazza is going on about. Starts a thread then doesn't like honest opinions.
Let's see how Aaron Drewe's career takes off from here. This fast tracking of him will either make or break him.

it is a massive step up from B team, reserves, U21s, whatever....the football is at a different level and so are the pressures of first team football.
Aaron Drewe on 13:07 - Mar 5 with 1855 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Typical QPR to throw him in when we are really struggling. Could of played a few games at the back end of last season, but no.
Aaron Drewe on 13:25 - Mar 5 with 1827 viewsNorthernr

He's going to be a hard one to mark because I thought he got a bit of a going over, held his own as best he could, but really from our B Team and Oxford City it's a massive step up and it showed. Loads of caveats though - back four doesn't suit us or him, the centre back next to him is playing like a complete fcking idiot, zero protection from the supposedly most experienced player in the side Mr QPR in front of him, Rotherham's two best players are their wingers etc etc.
Aaron Drewe on 14:30 - Mar 5 with 1736 viewsMatch82

Aaron Drewe on 13:25 - Mar 5 by Northernr

He's going to be a hard one to mark because I thought he got a bit of a going over, held his own as best he could, but really from our B Team and Oxford City it's a massive step up and it showed. Loads of caveats though - back four doesn't suit us or him, the centre back next to him is playing like a complete fcking idiot, zero protection from the supposedly most experienced player in the side Mr QPR in front of him, Rotherham's two best players are their wingers etc etc.

Put an effort in. That should guarantee him a better mark than half of these wasters.
Aaron Drewe on 15:29 - Mar 5 with 1587 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Aaron Drewe on 13:25 - Mar 5 by Northernr

A massive jump from Oxford City to Championship. That sums it up for me.
Drewe was mentioned last year by Ramsey as someone who had made massive progress. Then nothing. It is ridiculous that he never played any games last season when it was clear that we were going to miss the play offs. Same with Armstrong, and even Gubbins.

Hiw can the club throw them in, when we are dog shite, and massive games, yet nothing when we had dead rubbers 9 months ago.

There is zero joined up thinking, and it appears the each department (1st team, B team, academy) has a silo mentality.
Aaron Drewe on 15:51 - Mar 5 with 1522 viewsaston_hoop

Aaron Drewe on 15:29 - Mar 5 by Wilkinswatercarrier

A massive jump from Oxford City to Championship. That sums it up for me.
Drewe was mentioned last year by Ramsey as someone who had made massive progress. Then nothing. It is ridiculous that he never played any games last season when it was clear that we were going to miss the play offs. Same with Armstrong, and even Gubbins.

Hiw can the club throw them in, when we are dog shite, and massive games, yet nothing when we had dead rubbers 9 months ago.

There is zero joined up thinking, and it appears the each department (1st team, B team, academy) has a silo mentality.

He was on loan in the National League with Weymouth at the end of last season. Presumably they thought that was better for his development than recalling him. When you see the comments about Dillon De Silva definitely not being worth picking because he was only in the national League, it does feel like the club will never be able to win everyone over

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024