Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP Calculations 18:09 - Jul 25 with 9614 viewsQPRConor2000

Just reading through our spend for the last three years and interestingly, after the 23/24 season is up, the 20/21 losses are removed, as FFP is a 3 year rolling period, and that is where the bulk of our spending has been.

So potentially we could have some room to spend next season.

[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 18:16]
FFP Calculations on 18:42 - Jul 25 with 5739 viewsQPR_John

BBC Radio Berkshire currently have a feature on Reading re their problems. It seems they incurred debts of £146M over the last five years. We must have upset somebody to get a £20M fine. I know rules changed but our punishment seems somewhat vindictive.
FFP Calculations on 19:09 - Jul 25 with 5665 viewsloftboy

FFP Calculations on 18:42 - Jul 25 by QPR_John

BBC Radio Berkshire currently have a feature on Reading re their problems. It seems they incurred debts of £146M over the last five years. We must have upset somebody to get a £20M fine. I know rules changed but our punishment seems somewhat vindictive.

It was because of our fine that the rules were changed to embargo’s and points deductions.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

FFP Calculations on 20:24 - Jul 25 with 5410 viewsQPR_John

FFP Calculations on 19:09 - Jul 25 by loftboy

It was because of our fine that the rules were changed to embargo’s and points deductions.

That’s my point. A vindictive punishment that the FL realised.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 20:24]
FFP Calculations on 20:30 - Jul 25 with 5389 viewsnumptydumpty

FFP Calculations on 20:24 - Jul 25 by QPR_John

That’s my point. A vindictive punishment that the FL realised.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 20:24]

Why can't it then be contested retrospectively as overly harsh ??

I guess hiring lawyers to contest a ruling years after a decision to see that it could be reduced in severity does not work in the same way that the criminal justice system can operate.

Ie the new evidence could be the way these fines etc are now administered.

Guessing that's never an option otherwise the club could have explored that by now.

Just a random thought !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

FFP Calculations on 21:13 - Jul 25 with 5180 viewsSakura

Yep- and nothing potential about it. (Just a typo from you on the season as I think you meant to refer to 21/22)

£24.7m head room into next seasons budget is a fact.

Last month on the Johansen leaving thread (Page 4) I highlighted what you are saying here. NorthernR categorically told me that "This is not true"

But he was wrong he just misunderstood the late reporting periods confusing things

JoJo Gone by DubaiR 19 Jun 2023 16:59
Left the club.

But it is absolutely true to say our budget for the 24/25 season won't be affected by the big loss season of 21/22

Because the three seasons relevant to the accounts will be:
-22/23
-23/24
-24/25

The big loss year will be too far away and not included

If we make it through this season we can really increase the investment in the squad next summer. Maybe tie down more key players like Field if we are lucky for longer
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 21:13]
FFP Calculations on 21:51 - Jul 25 with 5066 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agreed, Conor. I think Simon and Clive agree with you as well, if I recall correctly?

Enjoying your posts recently, particularly your work on FOI for a new ground. Great to see such enthusiasm. Meant to post thanks earlier.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FFP Calculations on 22:00 - Jul 25 with 5031 viewsBostonR

FFP Calculations on 20:30 - Jul 25 by numptydumpty

I guess hiring lawyers to contest a ruling years after a decision to see that it could be reduced in severity does not work in the same way that the criminal justice system can operate.

Guessing that's never an option otherwise the club could have explored that by now.

If my memory is correct our CEO did attempt to re-negotiate the penalty a few seasons ago. As I understand it the bulk of Championship clubs were not interested especially that understanding Chairman Steve Gibson.
Essentially, we are politely told to FO!.
Maybe someone can verify this?
FFP Calculations on 22:11 - Jul 25 with 4994 viewsNorthernr

FFP Calculations on 21:51 - Jul 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed, Conor. I think Simon and Clive agree with you as well, if I recall correctly?

Enjoying your posts recently, particularly your work on FOI for a new ground. Great to see such enthusiasm. Meant to post thanks earlier.

We do agree, contrary to what anonymous troll boy says above in his never ending obsessive quest to call out absolutely everything I say.

However is a very big ask to get from a £25m loss to a 4-6m loss inside three seasons without a significant sale and without destroying your team and getting it relegated, particularly how last season went.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

FFP Calculations on 22:22 - Jul 25 with 4923 viewsNorthernr

FFP Calculations on 22:00 - Jul 25 by BostonR

If my memory is correct our CEO did attempt to re-negotiate the penalty a few seasons ago. As I understand it the bulk of Championship clubs were not interested especially that understanding Chairman Steve Gibson.
Essentially, we are politely told to FO!.
Maybe someone can verify this?

It was Ridsdale and Preston, but otherwise correct.
FFP Calculations on 23:53 - Jul 25 with 4722 viewsPunteR

FFP Calculations on 20:30 - Jul 25 by numptydumpty

My random guess is it gets written off against tax anyway. Its just another expense.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

FFP Calculations on 10:16 - Jul 26 with 4358 viewsSakura

FFP Calculations on 22:11 - Jul 25 by Northernr

We do agree, contrary to what anonymous troll boy says above in his never ending obsessive quest to call out absolutely everything I say.

However is a very big ask to get from a £25m loss to a 4-6m loss inside three seasons without a significant sale and without destroying your team and getting it relegated, particularly how last season went.

Firstly it's not trolling because it's earnest criticism. If you respond to earnest criticism with name calling that’s a reflection on you

Page 4 on that Johansen thread you quoted my statement, "Then after this season the £25m loss of 21/22 drops off."

My sentence following this was, "The new tv deal kicks in and we have a load of head room to spend much more" and I went on to list other reasons we have to be optimistic for our budget next summer

You stated directly in response, "This is not true"

You went on to describe the reporting periods. I had believed from your previous articles you didn't quite understand how close we were to be past the heavy FFP issue and in that thread you made it clear you didn't understand it

My point and the point Connor is making here. Was next summer we don't need to worry about that loss in our budget. You said that was "not true" last month. But now you realise it is true

Also something else worth correcting is highlighted in Simon D article where he points out Swiss Ramble's estimate of £4m of Estimated disallowable costs and so our Loss for P&S he estimates at -£19,991,000

So rather than using the rounded up figure of a £25m loss we should be using £20m when referring to the loss that year
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 10:17]
FFP Calculations on 10:21 - Jul 26 with 4364 viewsNorthernr

FFP Calculations on 10:16 - Jul 26 by Sakura

Firstly it's not trolling because it's earnest criticism. If you respond to earnest criticism with name calling that’s a reflection on you

Page 4 on that Johansen thread you quoted my statement, "Then after this season the £25m loss of 21/22 drops off."

My sentence following this was, "The new tv deal kicks in and we have a load of head room to spend much more" and I went on to list other reasons we have to be optimistic for our budget next summer

You stated directly in response, "This is not true"

You went on to describe the reporting periods. I had believed from your previous articles you didn't quite understand how close we were to be past the heavy FFP issue and in that thread you made it clear you didn't understand it

My point and the point Connor is making here. Was next summer we don't need to worry about that loss in our budget. You said that was "not true" last month. But now you realise it is true

Also something else worth correcting is highlighted in Simon D article where he points out Swiss Ramble's estimate of £4m of Estimated disallowable costs and so our Loss for P&S he estimates at -£19,991,000

So rather than using the rounded up figure of a £25m loss we should be using £20m when referring to the loss that year
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 10:17]

This is the third time this week, and it's just plain weird.
FFP Calculations on 10:28 - Jul 26 with 4313 viewsSakura

FFP Calculations on 10:21 - Jul 26 by Northernr

If there is something wrong with what I said here then fine correct me. But you can’t because you are wrong and this is your childish response to that

This is earnest criticism from me. Nothing more

Look up the definition of earnest and you will understand

Your reporting on the FFP related issues facing this club has been atrocious. It needed to be corrected

I care about the club. I don’t care about you I care about correcting your inaccurate reporting on an issue that’s very important for the club I love
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 10:29]
FFP Calculations on 10:50 - Jul 26 with 4245 viewsNorthernr

FFP Calculations on 10:28 - Jul 26 by Sakura

If there is something wrong with what I said here then fine correct me. But you can’t because you are wrong and this is your childish response to that

Your reporting on the FFP related issues facing this club has been atrocious. It needed to be corrected

I care about the club. I don’t care about you I care about correcting your inaccurate reporting on an issue that’s very important for the club I love

It's odd behaviour. Take a step back and look at it. It's weird. Three times in a week "NorthernR, NorthernR, NorthernR". I'm not gonna shag you mate.

Going on what you describe as a "poxy website" with "atrocious reporting", populated mostly by people you seem to hate, registering anonymous accounts to pursue the guy that runs it around and troll him. Calling up posts, sometimes from years ago, to prove whatever point it is you're trying to prove and achieve whatever it is you're trying to achieve. Is it to make me quit? Is that it, you're going to try and pound away until I think this just isn't worth it and close the thing? It's fcking tempting I'll give you that, 20 years of graft and my reward is an anonymous internet crypto bro following me around the gaff.

We can all pick out posts from weeks and months ago and do some big "ah ha" gotcha, of everybody on the board. How about the day Neil Critchley was at Loftus Road signing his contract, as I reported on here repeatedly, that you nevertheless spent on posts that Les Ferdinand was going to make Paul Hall the manager to "further his agenda on black coaches". Pretty atrocious itself that one. Or your posts about a potential £15m transfer budget this summer - maybe we're keeping the powder dry until deadline day. Or your posts demanding that anybody saying anything remotely negative about the team this year return to the board and be more positive next week when Lewis Wing signs.

But instead I'll just say that this season is going to be hard enough. It's going to be hard enough for me, doing every game again, a match preview, a match report, history, oppo interview, over and over again, week after week, on top of a day job, for this team this season, now potentially with Dominic fcking Gape in midfield. If you think I'm going to do that while at the same time coming onto my own message board to hear from some anonymous troll what a cnt I am, then let this be the final warning that you've got another think coming.

FFP Calculations on 10:54 - Jul 26 with 4200 viewsLlanranger

FFP Calculations on 18:42 - Jul 25 by QPR_John

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66291076
Grim reading (see what I did there). Those calling for a change of owners might want to think about how any alternatives might work out.
FFP Calculations on 11:01 - Jul 26 with 4156 viewswombat

FFP Calculations on 10:50 - Jul 26 by Northernr

It's odd behaviour. Take a step back and look at it. It's weird. Three times in a week "NorthernR, NorthernR, NorthernR". I'm not gonna shag you mate.

Going on what you describe as a "poxy website" with "atrocious reporting", populated mostly by people you seem to hate, registering anonymous accounts to pursue the guy that runs it around and troll him. Calling up posts, sometimes from years ago, to prove whatever point it is you're trying to prove and achieve whatever it is you're trying to achieve. Is it to make me quit? Is that it, you're going to try and pound away until I think this just isn't worth it and close the thing? It's fcking tempting I'll give you that, 20 years of graft and my reward is an anonymous internet crypto bro following me around the gaff.

We can all pick out posts from weeks and months ago and do some big "ah ha" gotcha, of everybody on the board. How about the day Neil Critchley was at Loftus Road signing his contract, as I reported on here repeatedly, that you nevertheless spent on posts that Les Ferdinand was going to make Paul Hall the manager to "further his agenda on black coaches". Pretty atrocious itself that one. Or your posts about a potential £15m transfer budget this summer - maybe we're keeping the powder dry until deadline day. Or your posts demanding that anybody saying anything remotely negative about the team this year return to the board and be more positive next week when Lewis Wing signs.

But instead I'll just say that this season is going to be hard enough. It's going to be hard enough for me, doing every game again, a match preview, a match report, history, oppo interview, over and over again, week after week, on top of a day job, for this team this season, now potentially with Dominic fcking Gape in midfield. If you think I'm going to do that while at the same time coming onto my own message board to hear from some anonymous troll what a cnt I am, then let this be the final warning that you've got another think coming.

think he wants a special cuddle clive ,

I wonder if hes got a Red sofa ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

FFP Calculations on 11:07 - Jul 26 with 4112 viewsSilverfoxqpr

FFP Calculations on 10:21 - Jul 26 by Northernr

Weird sh1t happens when you move to Sarf Lundun Clive, I should know mate.
FFP Calculations on 11:09 - Jul 26 with 4087 viewscolinallcars

What we need is a system of accelerated capital allowances aligned with stock appreciation relief offset against short term fluctuations in the investment cycle.
Right, I'm off to the Crown & Sceptre.
FFP Calculations on 11:19 - Jul 26 with 4005 viewsMick_S

FFP Calculations on 11:09 - Jul 26 by colinallcars

What we need is a system of accelerated capital allowances aligned with stock appreciation relief offset against short term fluctuations in the investment cycle.
Right, I'm off to the Crown & Sceptre.

That’ll be £7.00 sir.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

FFP Calculations on 12:26 - Jul 26 with 3825 viewsSakura

FFP Calculations on 10:50 - Jul 26 by Northernr

You are resorting to personal insults and to quote Thatcher, "I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single argument left"

Anything else you want to discuss or challenge that aren't on this thread then go ahead and bring them up where they have the context needed for me to explain my reasoning. So again I'm not interested in rising to your distraction tactics

You are doing that because we are talking here about a topic you have been wrong on. The FFP issues. I have explained why you were wrong. I have backed that up with what you said just last month

Although you won't admit it the positive thing now is you realise that you were wrong and that will mean your future articles reflect that and don't exaggerate the issues faced beyond this season
FFP Calculations on 12:39 - Jul 26 with 3776 viewssprocket

FFP Calculations on 12:26 - Jul 26 by Sakura

You are resorting to personal insults and to quote Thatcher, "I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single argument left"

Anything else you want to discuss or challenge that aren't on this thread then go ahead and bring them up where they have the context needed for me to explain my reasoning. So again I'm not interested in rising to your distraction tactics

You are doing that because we are talking here about a topic you have been wrong on. The FFP issues. I have explained why you were wrong. I have backed that up with what you said just last month

Although you won't admit it the positive thing now is you realise that you were wrong and that will mean your future articles reflect that and don't exaggerate the issues faced beyond this season

FFP Calculations on 12:42 - Jul 26 with 3739 viewsWelsh_Ranger

The issues are their for all to see. Irrespective of the FFP calculations and I haven't looked into if anyone is wrong or not. Its been documented on many an occasion that our owners are funding this club to a tune of 2mil a month.

We need to be selling to survive and sadly we for whatever reason aren't able to do this or produce players that people want to buy.
FFP Calculations on 12:49 - Jul 26 with 3703 viewsLblock

FFP Calculations on 10:28 - Jul 26 by Sakura

Be careful of the earnest criticism....

If Eric did that too much then he ended up getting a double slap in the chops back.

Bit rich swinging your handbag when you've failed to answer questions yourself in the past but hey hoh.

I'll never fully understand the internet.
Weird old place sometimes.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FFP Calculations on 12:57 - Jul 26 with 3679 viewsstantheman10

FFP Calculations on 12:39 - Jul 26 by sprocket

Why a ban? As this is a forum surely the person in question has a right to their opinion and comment unless it's abusive
FFP Calculations on 13:06 - Jul 26 with 3626 viewswestberksr

farking hell; Clive didn't personally ruin the club.... or did he?

maybe just let it go as there is enough other shite to discuss. do we really need to worry about next summer's budget when it might well be irrelevant if we are in the division below!

general question; who has the time for these petty vendettas?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024