Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 14:50 - Sep 3 with 1558 viewstheone_theonly

Considering we’ve been playing well without him, how is he going to fit into the team when he’s fit? Not sure who he’ll come in for.
Dykes on 15:04 - Sep 3 with 1473 viewsqprd

Armstrong did not have a great game ystd… only made one or two genuine runs behind (one of which he thought he was offside so looked at the linesman mid run). Was often not in dangerous positions at the end of good deliveries in the box (eg smyths first half cross)

Boro had him under control

Dykes is less dynamic and obviously less pacy but is definitely more likely to be in the right positions, at the end of deliveries into the box, onside etc… and more likely to score goals

Armstrong still only has one league goal to his name…. Dykes gets in before him any day f the week and Armstrong can return to his best role of sub (terrorising tired defenders or when we’re winning and he can be a counterattacking threat when teams push up the pitch )
Dykes on 15:07 - Sep 3 with 1454 viewsQPRConor2000

Dykes on 15:04 - Sep 3 by qprd

Armstrong did not have a great game ystd… only made one or two genuine runs behind (one of which he thought he was offside so looked at the linesman mid run). Was often not in dangerous positions at the end of good deliveries in the box (eg smyths first half cross)

Boro had him under control

Dykes is less dynamic and obviously less pacy but is definitely more likely to be in the right positions, at the end of deliveries into the box, onside etc… and more likely to score goals

Armstrong still only has one league goal to his name…. Dykes gets in before him any day f the week and Armstrong can return to his best role of sub (terrorising tired defenders or when we’re winning and he can be a counterattacking threat when teams push up the pitch )

I think we got to remember that Armstrong still is developing, and you have to expect sometimes that little bit of inexperience will probably happen.
Dykes on 15:09 - Sep 3 with 1438 viewsHayesender

Dykes should be licking his lips at the thought of all those Paul Smyth crosses

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dykes on 15:10 - Sep 3 with 1430 viewsnix

That’s okay exactly the kind of problem a manager wants to have. In practice you don’t really want Armstrong to play 90 minutes. Imagine being a defender and having him come on at 60 minutes or having him starting and then Dykes coming on when you’re tiring.
Dykes on 15:36 - Sep 3 with 1312 viewsdavman

Dykes on 15:10 - Sep 3 by nix

That’s okay exactly the kind of problem a manager wants to have. In practice you don’t really want Armstrong to play 90 minutes. Imagine being a defender and having him come on at 60 minutes or having him starting and then Dykes coming on when you’re tiring.

Yes, but Armstrong AND Dykes will cause more problems rather than one or the other...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes on 15:46 - Sep 3 with 1280 viewsChrisNW6

Dykes on 15:36 - Sep 3 by davman

Yes, but Armstrong AND Dykes will cause more problems rather than one or the other...

Can't imagine us starting both, especially away from home. I think Dykes will come back in for Armstrong as Ainsworth will keep the three in midfield.
Dykes on 15:58 - Sep 3 with 1236 viewsnumptydumpty

Dykes on 15:36 - Sep 3 by davman

Not sure whether that question is relevant when you consider Field Colback and Dozzell been selected and Chair and Smyth also seem guaranteed starter's, leaves as an either or selection.

Before this current set up , I would have agreed the two of them together more effective but I feel the current ones named are all undroppable currently, I feel.

Dykes I think will come on fairly early as sub in first game back and perhaps long term if only one up front, I expect it to be Dykes. But I personally would start Armstrong over Dykes generally.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dykes on 16:25 - Sep 3 with 1147 viewsQPROslo

Dykes on 15:58 - Sep 3 by numptydumpty

Not sure whether that question is relevant when you consider Field Colback and Dozzell been selected and Chair and Smyth also seem guaranteed starter's, leaves as an either or selection.

Before this current set up , I would have agreed the two of them together more effective but I feel the current ones named are all undroppable currently, I feel.

Dykes I think will come on fairly early as sub in first game back and perhaps long term if only one up front, I expect it to be Dykes. But I personally would start Armstrong over Dykes generally.

Dykes and Armstrong both started in our win at Cardiff. Armstrong played mainly a bit forward of Dykes. It worked pretty well until we tired. That was before Colbakk was playing and we were in more of a 3 4 3 than the 3 5 2 we used yesterday and at Southampton. It could be an option again.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes on 16:46 - Sep 3 with 1069 viewsBluce_Ree

Super sub role where he can terrify tired defences with that 1 in 4 strike rate.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Dykes on 16:50 - Sep 3 with 1039 viewsDejR_vu

Whether he’s playing well or not, teams are terrified of Armstrong’s pace and power and have to set up to deal with him. We’re a lot easier to play against when he’s not playing. He opens up the pitch for everyone else. He needs to start imo.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024