Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With wats been going on in the world.....at the moment. 21:10 - Oct 18 with 1027 viewsqpr_1968

can't pamper to none of this shit....

what has been your best time of life......

qpr....celebrating after the leeds game 2011.

non qpr...holiday in zante 2005...best time ever, me, the mrs, lovely island, weather was fantastic for september..

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

With wats been going on in the world.....at the moment. on 21:42 - Oct 18 with 943 viewsloftboy

Has to be from 16-20 1983- 87, left school, straight into pubs and clubs and football every Saturday, was into the casual scene, Pringle jumpers , Lacoste etc.
Couple of holidays with my mates down to Devon and Cornwall in a static caravan.
Still living at home with parents earning decent money working in a distribution centre and apart from giving my mum a few quid a week for my keep being able to spend it all on the above, passed my driving test at 17 and felt as free as a bird.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

With wats been going on in the world.....at the moment. on 22:02 - Oct 18 with 897 viewscolinallcars

Donkey's years ago for me:
Best QPR - well, virtually all the 60s & 70s. Great players, promotions, playing in the top flight for the first time.
Best non QPR - same. Joined my first band as a fifth rate joanna player and met my eventual missus. She was sophisticated compared to me as a Shepherd's Bush 'erbert.
I used to say I was saloon ( bar) and she was salon.
With wats been going on in the world.....at the moment. on 23:31 - Oct 18 with 810 viewsChrisNW6

With wats been going on in the world.....at the moment. on 22:02 - Oct 18 by colinallcars

Donkey's years ago for me:
Best QPR - well, virtually all the 60s & 70s. Great players, promotions, playing in the top flight for the first time.
Best non QPR - same. Joined my first band as a fifth rate joanna player and met my eventual missus. She was sophisticated compared to me as a Shepherd's Bush 'erbert.
I used to say I was saloon ( bar) and she was salon.

1988, everything changed that summer, real game changer and felt like I was part of something good. Clothes, music, new people and culture. Things happened so fast and we seemed to grow up quick. Great times
With wats been going on in the world.....at the moment. on 23:35 - Oct 18 with 798 viewsLblock

Pinnacle years easily’88 to ‘96

Best of the lot by far 1990
That year had everything

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

With wats been going on in the world.....at the moment. on 23:58 - Oct 18 with 779 viewsSydneyRs

For me the ten year period from about 89 was big. Great time to be a QPR fan (until 95 anyway), music was brilliant and that carefree time of life before mortgages etc. Also included my decision to go travelling which ultimately led to me meeting my wife and moving to Aus permanently. The hedonistic backpacking period is not something you can do forever but I am forever grateful for the experience.

Stand out QPR memories actually go back to our promotion in 82/83. It was my first season going regularly and we were so good. We were largely good in the first division/premier league too until 95/96. The timing of my travelling was perfect to miss that entire season, Cantona goal etc. I remember sitting in a cafe in Fiji when it came through on the radio that we'd blown a 2-0 lead v Spurs to lose 3-2 early in the season. As my Brentford supporting mate took the piss, it dawned on me that we were likely going down. Was down by Coogee beach in Sydney when I overheard guys talking about us being relegated despite beating West Ham. When we lost a crucial game at Coventry shortly before that one of the guys I used to go drinking with at the time was a big Cov fan.

Last game before leaving to travel was a 2-1 win v Spurs at the end of the 94/95 season. First game after returning a dismal 0-2 v Reading a division below. It certainly brought home how things had changed. Other great memories are being at the 1990 Arsenal cup games, Chelsea 6-0, Newcastle 5-5 and seeing us beat the likes of Liverpool for the first time in the 80s.

Going back to the UK for a holiday in 2012 when my kids were young was fantastic. Great, great times. Shortly after the hugely successful London olympics, it was a great time to be there. Also did a week in Paris during that trip which is possibly the best week of holiday I've ever had.

It certainly seems from everything I'm hearing that the last few years in the UK have been somewhat depressing and there are some obvious reasons for that. You'd hope to see something change for the better soon. You are pretty well shielded from the negative stuff here most of the time. Australia remains a pretty optimistic place despite the cost of living biting more and more.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 0:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024