Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These Manager Appointments are Mad 09:06 - May 24 with 4646 viewsBAWHoops

It seems football has collectively lost its mind
Rooney to Plymouth
Maresca or Frank to Chelsea
Kompany to Bayern
McKenna to Man U

Now I'm not saying that Tuchel and Poch are the be all and end all, but 2 years ago they were 2 of the best coaches in the world. Now apparently nobody wants them and instead wants to hire someone who had oodles of cash in the Championship and therefore found it easy.

McKenna would be mental to go to Man U or Chelsea when Brighton want him. Those clubs will eat him alive

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 09:13 - May 24 with 2904 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As Ollie said about managing a football club: you either move on or you're moved on.

But as for McKenna, I get it tgat jobs like United and Chelsea don't always come around (although they seem to more so these days) and ITFC may well be the SUFC of next season, but jumping now seems akin to PBBC getting too big for his boots.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 09:13 - May 24 with 2906 viewsNorthernr

It's like when you get to your 25th season on Champ Manager. Luke Young just starting a second stint as England manager.
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 09:32 - May 24 with 2824 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm delighted with all these mad appointments. Means owners are still idiots and no one is looking in west London and thinking 'ooh that marti looks quite fly'

Bare bones.

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 09:57 - May 24 with 2688 viewsdm97

Everything going on in football right now is making me rather concerned that…we’re in danger of becoming adults in the room?
[Post edited 24 May 10:00]
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 10:05 - May 24 with 2655 viewsswitchingcode

Obviously can see the attraction of employing Frank with his record over 7 years but unless he just wants to top up his bank account he only has to look at Potters short stint there to realise you are jumping into a cesspit of a club.
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 10:06 - May 24 with 2649 viewsbosh67

These are Wayne's sparkling management stats so far...

Games 153
Wins 40
Draws 40
Losses 73
Win % 26.1

I quite like Plymouth but they must be mad if they are considering him. Literally any other available manager has better stats.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 10:15 - May 24 with 2612 viewsTK1

Disagree strongly: I'd want a new agent if he told me that. McKenna would be insane to go to Brighton (or stay at Ipswich) if in with a shot at Man United next season.

Rooney to Plymouth and Frank to Chelsea the mad pair of the four, though Kompany will be landing on his feet too. The other two are obvious.

Maresca will last about three months at Leicester. Had the best squad in Champ by light years and still made quite heavy weather of it in the run-in. He's a coach, not a manager. Poch a manager more than coach - Chelsea need a yes man coach, so Maresca looks a good fit. And when it goes tits up, he has a ready made "basket case club" excuse, off to some middle ranking Serie A club with a fat pay-out.

I wouldn't go to Brighton if I was McKenna, a club in constant regeneration for whom PSR is a natural ceiling now. Potter and De Zerbi took them as high as possible without the new regulations. These new financial rules, the anchoring as well, is going to severely fck clubs in the middle and upper middle of the PL. It's protectionism for the top six(ish). (But in time will kill the "best league in the world" when that league is no longer able to pay the best players).

McKenna to Man U: it's now or probably never. Hottest, best coach in EFL. Stock never higher. An amazing PL season at Ipswich gets them to, what, 10th? Even then the shine comes off him a bit. More realistically, they're in a battle in the bottom six. He no doubt believes he's a brilliant coach - he definitely seems like one. United need him to be a brilliant coach and he - unlike the previous three United managers - will get the very best management structure behind him courtesy of Eneos: Ashworth and Wilcox on recruitment, Berrada as a new CEO, Brailsford running the show, money clearly needed to be spent - and they can because PSR is designed for them. United are in a pitiful state currently, even if they win the FA Cup. Any good coach would pick that job over Brighton (or Ipswich) because the only way is up. Small improvements will guarantee him time.

Poch and Tuchel will both get really good jobs again soon (especially Poch: he may well be bad news for McKenna).

Sorry, don't know why I wrote so much. I don't care what any of these cnts do (other than fail, hopefully). Bit hungover.
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 10:17 - May 24 with 2589 viewsNorthernr

McKenna's a Man Utd fan as well, which you would think would make that even more difficult to turn down.
Login to get fewer ads

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 10:54 - May 24 with 2493 viewsconnell10

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 10:17 - May 24 by Northernr

McKenna's a Man Utd fan as well, which you would think would make that even more difficult to turn down.

Was he born in Surrey ?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:08 - May 24 with 2417 viewsSimonJames

Ironically, if you took Mr Potatohead's total career stats as a manager W=40, D=40, L=74 and applied that ratio to a Championship season, the team he managed would finish with 48 points... which would have been two less that Birmingham got relegated with!

100% of people who drink water will die.

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:12 - May 24 with 2401 viewsKensalT

Kompany was being talked of as a future Man City manager from the minute he quit playing.

Eyebrows were raised when he joined Burnley from Anderlecht because he hadn't pulled up any trees over there.

Eyebrows are now giving it the full Ancelotti with him heading for Bayern.

But what would another season in the Championship do for his development? He won it the last time, and he can't improve on that.

And who needs an agent when you've got City pulling strings for you and steering your career!
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:13 - May 24 with 2399 viewsNorthernr

Think you've also got to ask how much of the good he did manage at Derby (who got relegated losing their last ten away games) was Liam Rosenior.
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:18 - May 24 with 2372 viewsBAWHoops

I can see why McKenna couldn't turn down Man U. But he will be eaten alive there. Chelsea just has so many red flags it's ridiculous.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:18 - May 24 with 2370 viewsToast_R

Chelsea have already sacked all of the so called "Elite" managers and now they're burning through all the up and coming ones.
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:20 - May 24 with 2367 viewsCamberleyR

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:31 - May 24 with 2299 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You’d need 5 years to flush out the malaise at United.

They won’t give that to him, or anyone.
[Post edited 24 May 11:39]
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:31 - May 24 with 2295 viewsAntti_Heinola

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 10:15 - May 24 by TK1

Disagree strongly: I'd want a new agent if he told me that. McKenna would be insane to go to Brighton (or stay at Ipswich) if in with a shot at Man United next season.

Rooney to Plymouth and Frank to Chelsea the mad pair of the four, though Kompany will be landing on his feet too. The other two are obvious.

Maresca will last about three months at Leicester. Had the best squad in Champ by light years and still made quite heavy weather of it in the run-in. He's a coach, not a manager. Poch a manager more than coach - Chelsea need a yes man coach, so Maresca looks a good fit. And when it goes tits up, he has a ready made "basket case club" excuse, off to some middle ranking Serie A club with a fat pay-out.

I wouldn't go to Brighton if I was McKenna, a club in constant regeneration for whom PSR is a natural ceiling now. Potter and De Zerbi took them as high as possible without the new regulations. These new financial rules, the anchoring as well, is going to severely fck clubs in the middle and upper middle of the PL. It's protectionism for the top six(ish). (But in time will kill the "best league in the world" when that league is no longer able to pay the best players).

McKenna to Man U: it's now or probably never. Hottest, best coach in EFL. Stock never higher. An amazing PL season at Ipswich gets them to, what, 10th? Even then the shine comes off him a bit. More realistically, they're in a battle in the bottom six. He no doubt believes he's a brilliant coach - he definitely seems like one. United need him to be a brilliant coach and he - unlike the previous three United managers - will get the very best management structure behind him courtesy of Eneos: Ashworth and Wilcox on recruitment, Berrada as a new CEO, Brailsford running the show, money clearly needed to be spent - and they can because PSR is designed for them. United are in a pitiful state currently, even if they win the FA Cup. Any good coach would pick that job over Brighton (or Ipswich) because the only way is up. Small improvements will guarantee him time.

Poch and Tuchel will both get really good jobs again soon (especially Poch: he may well be bad news for McKenna).

Sorry, don't know why I wrote so much. I don't care what any of these cnts do (other than fail, hopefully). Bit hungover.

I disagree on McKenna.
I know everyone is in a rush these days and it's always 'these jobs don't come up often' (I mean, they definitely do).

If I was McKenna I would be being very, very careful. He has not managed at Prem level. At Ipswich, he is in a no lose situation. If he keeps them up, which he may very well do, his stock rises more and he's got a year, maybe two, of Prem experience under his belt at a place that will have infinite patience with him. That sort of thing would be invaluable. United sack a manager every 2 years. I'd wait for the next cycle.

Bare bones.

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:33 - May 24 with 2282 viewslassel

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 09:32 - May 24 by Antti_Heinola

I'm delighted with all these mad appointments. Means owners are still idiots and no one is looking in west London and thinking 'ooh that marti looks quite fly'

I mean I’m sure Marti is already on the longlist for Prem clubs, but if you’re going to look in the Championship, McKenna is the standout choice and Maresca is probably more interesting with the City connection.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Marti’s agent has told him to keep his phone on next to the pool as an outside bet. I imagine he will be very hot property once the first PL manager is sacked in Autumn.
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:53 - May 24 with 2210 viewsAntti_Heinola

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:33 - May 24 by lassel

I mean I’m sure Marti is already on the longlist for Prem clubs, but if you’re going to look in the Championship, McKenna is the standout choice and Maresca is probably more interesting with the City connection.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Marti’s agent has told him to keep his phone on next to the pool as an outside bet. I imagine he will be very hot property once the first PL manager is sacked in Autumn.

shut up mate i don't wanna hear it

Bare bones.

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:56 - May 24 with 2196 viewsNorthernr

I think if he was to leave for a club in this country, at least at this point, it'd be more likely a Championship team with some parachute payments rather than a Premier League. Basically to get a job up there from here you have to take a team there yourself.
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:58 - May 24 with 2178 viewsLanhoop

McKenna was the U18 coach at Man U before he took on Ipswich so I'm sure he'd be going in there with his eyes open. I have a feeling Ipswich are going to really struggle whether he's there or not so jumping now makes sense to me.

Seems that Rohl may well have signed a new contract with the Owls, I'm surprised there's not more talk about him for a Brighton or similar. Doing the job he did in that club, with that owner would arguably have him as the 2nd best Championship manager last season ahead of Marti.
These Manager Appointments are Mad on 12:34 - May 24 with 2048 viewskensalriser

I’m very much a Marti fan, but there is an excess of exuberance in our fanbase about his achievements. How it looks from the outside may be rather different: in over two thirds of a season he moved QPR up five places and he did it with at least two Prem experienced players, one of the division’s best midfielders and an international striker.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 12:35 - May 24 with 2044 viewsbosh67

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 11:56 - May 24 by Northernr

I think if he was to leave for a club in this country, at least at this point, it'd be more likely a Championship team with some parachute payments rather than a Premier League. Basically to get a job up there from here you have to take a team there yourself.

Absolutely. He did unbelievably well to keep us up and turn things around but he has yet to prove that he can take a team into the next stages of climbing the table. I think we all know he can but until he's physically proven it I feel confident that he'll stay and hopefully actually take us up the table next season. If he does then from that point who knows?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 12:58 - May 24 with 1950 viewsaston_hoop

And now Barcelona have sacked Xavi. Martí visits their training ground and now they sack Xavi! Clearly made a big impression...

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 13:10 - May 24 with 1914 viewsBeejnewark

These Manager Appointments are Mad on 12:58 - May 24 by aston_hoop

And now Barcelona have sacked Xavi. Martí visits their training ground and now they sack Xavi! Clearly made a big impression...

Chris Wilder staying by the phone..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024