Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bottom line 05:01 - Jan 22 with 710 viewstimcocking

Not trying to be too negative or anything, but forgetting about the fantastic result last night for a moment, it's now 22 days into the transfer window and no new signings.

If the board genuinely want to put their money where their mouth is, shouldn't they have done so by now? Imagine if we'd lost last night, we'd really be in deep siht. Bottom of the league. Now i don't blame anybody for not wanting to waste millions, but with the resources Mittal has, it's chicken feed to him. 50 mil here or there, absolute peanuts.

Simple. IF they want to walk the walk after everything they are saying, pay more, get the quality in now, and virtually guarantee survival. You have to speculate to accumulate. To quibble about 5 mil or 6 mil or 6.5 is just ridiculous if they actually are intent upon trying to turn our tiny club into a global powerhouse. I think some of them are actually pretty good deals! Alex 5 mil, Pienaar, Kranjcar 4 mil, Onuoha 2.5 etc. all beat Andy Carroll or Torres for 35/50 imo.

Christ, i don't blame Blackburn for not wanting to accept 5 mil for their best player when they're bottom of the league. That's ridiculous.

Get the cheque book out before it 's too late, or admit you're full of it. I know that's not very sustainable, but do they want to stay up? Yes or no? If they do, get good players NOW!!! Simple.

I'm hoping they shut me up today!

PS Obviously i'm also hoping the current squad continue like this as well, but let's be honest, Alex, Kranjcar etc. would be cool.
bottom line on 05:04 - Jan 22 with 697 viewsDylanP

Have patience. Don't panic. Time will out, as the Bard put it.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

bottom line on 05:08 - Jan 22 with 693 viewsKiwi76

Agree Dylan and delays won't be from owners quibbling over fees but more likely wages and players wondering if we are doomed to relegation.
Getting linked with right quality of players in terms of class and positions we need improved.
Hopefully today will be glimmer of Hughes led revival and more to come in future.

Over in Melbourne for Aussie open and enjoying replay now before heading out into 32deg for evening session...top day!!
bottom line on 05:10 - Jan 22 with 692 viewstimcocking

bottom line on 05:04 - Jan 22 by DylanP

Have patience. Don't panic. Time will out, as the Bard put it.

Trouble is, up until kick off last night i was panicking! Buszaky has calmed my frayed nerves a bit though. 16 more matches really does not give us much leeway. we lose the next 3, we're in the championship. I just feel it's a demonstration of their intent right now; either they will or will not spend a tonne of money. We'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

If we stay up this year, it'll be the most exciting couple of years imaginable. If we go down, it is slow motion torture. i'll be gutted. I'm living abroad, and really love watching the match every weekend on TV. I thought i didn't give a toss about the premier league after 15 years out, but i'm loving it.
bottom line on 05:12 - Jan 22 with 687 viewsMelakaRanger

They didnt get rich by paying any more than was necessary for any asset or service.

Same goes for the football club. They wont pay 10 million for a guy worth 5.

They are canny businessmen who will succeed at QPR. They havent invested their money to lose it but equally they are not going to squander it either.

As long as they do just enough in this window to keep us up, then thats fine.

Then come the summer when more (quality) players are readily available and probably cheaper I am sure another 30 million will be spent.

This year we are learning to crawl (survive) Next year we will walk (maybe 12th). The year after we will be running - top 8 . Of this I am sure.

We just have to survive this year without breaking the bank
bottom line on 05:15 - Jan 22 with 686 viewstimcocking

bottom line on 05:12 - Jan 22 by MelakaRanger

They didnt get rich by paying any more than was necessary for any asset or service.

Same goes for the football club. They wont pay 10 million for a guy worth 5.

They are canny businessmen who will succeed at QPR. They havent invested their money to lose it but equally they are not going to squander it either.

As long as they do just enough in this window to keep us up, then thats fine.

Then come the summer when more (quality) players are readily available and probably cheaper I am sure another 30 million will be spent.

This year we are learning to crawl (survive) Next year we will walk (maybe 12th). The year after we will be running - top 8 . Of this I am sure.

We just have to survive this year without breaking the bank

quite agree, but let's pray to god we don't lose the next few games though...
bottom line on 05:56 - Jan 22 with 668 viewsDaiHo0p

Need to splash for a CB and goal scorer first

then pay off the dross we have and get a 30 man squad

then pay barton off and get someone twice as good
bottom line on 06:31 - Jan 22 with 654 viewsBazWoT

We looked good today, OK I know Wigan were toilet but I feared the worst yesterday. Henrique, Taiwo in already Onuoha in talks. There's a window so use it sensibly and Beard seems to be doing just that.

We had a second bid for Samba rejected and may well return for him, no need to worry panic until the window shuts and it's still the same but I very much doubt it will be.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

bottom line on 06:53 - Jan 22 with 631 viewsNorthernr

please review the monty python "haggle" sketch and then get back to me.
Login to get fewer ads

bottom line on 09:02 - Jan 22 with 551 viewsqprmick

If we let 5 or more crosses whistle through the box again we will get slaughtered. I thought Hill had a good solid game but most of the crosses came from the right. I have never believed we should spend a lot to be safe. Just turn up and play to our potential.

Qprmick

bottom line on 09:07 - Jan 22 with 536 viewsRangersandProud

Take a look at how many transfers have taken place since the window opened. Not that many. No one want to commit too early, not buyer nor seller.

of course my f**k ups look bad when you remember then!

bottom line on 09:23 - Jan 22 with 513 viewscarlosthebulb

Why the b.loody panic? We have ten days before the Villa game - that's plenty of time to get signings in and I'm sure that's ample time for Hughes to have got a really good idea of exactly what is needed. To win the way we did yesterday was fantastic, and gives us a bit breathing space before Villa. The Cup game next week is a freebie really, not vital in the grand scheme of things. I'm happy that we got the 3 points v Wigan and can prepare thoroughly for our trip to Villa Park.
IHWT
bottom line on 09:36 - Jan 22 with 482 viewsHarrowRoadR

bottom line on 09:23 - Jan 22 by carlosthebulb

Why the b.loody panic? We have ten days before the Villa game - that's plenty of time to get signings in and I'm sure that's ample time for Hughes to have got a really good idea of exactly what is needed. To win the way we did yesterday was fantastic, and gives us a bit breathing space before Villa. The Cup game next week is a freebie really, not vital in the grand scheme of things. I'm happy that we got the 3 points v Wigan and can prepare thoroughly for our trip to Villa Park.
IHWT

According to BBC ceefax thingy, Hughes said there wont be as many signings as people think as he doesn't want to upset the balance/team spirit etc .

He said "We need help and quality to make sure that we maintain our winning run. But you've got to get the balance right. It's important that I maintain the spirt and character".
bottom line on 10:42 - Jan 22 with 408 viewstimcocking

The panic is not now so much today, because we won.

Had we lost though, we'd really be in the s##t. I thought we would lose. I'm sad to say pessimism has been ingrained in me where Rangers are concerned over the years.

And not so much panicking, as just wondering are our new owners genuinely the real deal, or just full of it. We'll know soon enough i guess.
bottom line on 10:45 - Jan 22 with 391 viewstimcocking

If they sign Alex, Kranjcar etc i'll be convinced. If Clint Hill, Helguson and Jamie Mackie start another 15 games each this year, i'll be inclined to disregard a lot of what TF says.
bottom line on 10:49 - Jan 22 with 382 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

bottom line on 10:42 - Jan 22 by timcocking

The panic is not now so much today, because we won.

Had we lost though, we'd really be in the s##t. I thought we would lose. I'm sad to say pessimism has been ingrained in me where Rangers are concerned over the years.

And not so much panicking, as just wondering are our new owners genuinely the real deal, or just full of it. We'll know soon enough i guess.

It could be like last time that deadline day is very busy. I don't think all the talk by us in the press, and about us in the press, on the potential signings and the money available has helped. We've walked into The market waving our black Amex around and now everyone will charge a premium, so hard to get a good deal. I'm glad theyre not throwing around cash stupidly (some might say there is already too much cash in the "out" column of the financials).

When push comes to shove - we'll either spend a bit to get the players we need/want or clubs will lower the price to get rid of a player they've been hanging out to dry all January. Or we'll get no one and hope the renaissance lasts!
bottom line on 10:52 - Jan 22 with 373 viewstimcocking

bottom line on 10:49 - Jan 22 by Pablo_Hoopsta

It could be like last time that deadline day is very busy. I don't think all the talk by us in the press, and about us in the press, on the potential signings and the money available has helped. We've walked into The market waving our black Amex around and now everyone will charge a premium, so hard to get a good deal. I'm glad theyre not throwing around cash stupidly (some might say there is already too much cash in the "out" column of the financials).

When push comes to shove - we'll either spend a bit to get the players we need/want or clubs will lower the price to get rid of a player they've been hanging out to dry all January. Or we'll get no one and hope the renaissance lasts!

quite agree it seemed like a poor strategy to be saying for 4 months "can't wait to spend money in the window...". Nothing like seeming too eager.
bottom line on 12:10 - Jan 22 with 303 viewsHollowayRanger

the top teams are fighting for champions league places and are unlikely to release players say bale or lennon get injured they would need pinear them

the bottom clubs aint gonna sell there best players either

imagine wolves offering us £5 millin for helgerson great money for a 34 year old but would be totally crazy for us to take it

also any players up for grabs are going want the max in pay it bluff and double bluff most of the transfers will happen in the last couple of days when clubs want to cut players left out of their 25's which need to be sorted at end of month

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

bottom line on 12:18 - Jan 22 with 281 viewsGloucs_R

Another need to use this image....

Poll: Are we staying up?

bottom line on 12:26 - Jan 22 with 263 viewsstansleftfoot

We are operating at the top end of the market. All our contacts have been just that discussions. The Bids are just bids....
Mark Hughes understands the problems, all the African quality players are in the Cup, the market needs to run its course and we have no League games until the window closes. We are being wound up by Sky and the press, ignore it!
Don't expect anything until Phillip Beard announces that a player has completed the negotiations and the FA have added the player to QPR's squad..but one great player to be announced Taiwo possibly who we await the official statement for? Still!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024