Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greece 10:59 - Jun 17 with 461 viewsexiled_dictator

Now I know it's too early in the week for some of you to start thinking about politics, especially when it is in a foreign country, but is anyone else worried about the outcome of today's elections in Greece?
I think that today will have a huge effect on the rest of Europe. I also think that Greece will vote to leave the EURO, and go back to the Drachma. I think that the immediate uncertainty of anything concrete in Greece will cause the markets to jitter, and this will definitely effect our economy.
We as retailers in Central London noticed a huge increase in sales over the Jubilee weekend, but since then sales have been down & sluggish. Times are challenging for retailers anyway, but the additional strains of European political & economic implosion could have very serious implications on UK.
I hope that I am taking the most pessimistic view of what could happen, but I am yet to be convinced. I also hope that the Olympics will have a positive effect on business too.
And I am backing Denmark & Portugal for tonight.
There, something footballish thrown in as well.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Greece on 11:00 - Jun 17 with 455 viewsBazWoT

Having won yesterday, I expect them to win again today!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Greece on 11:40 - Jun 17 with 415 viewsClive_Anderson

Greece need to exit the Euro, default on their debts and devalue their currency.

It would be very painful in the short term, but without doing it things will get slowly worse and worse.

By the way none of the parties in contention nor the public want to leave the Euro, just some parties want to renegotiate the current bailout conditions.
Greece on 12:58 - Jun 17 with 330 viewskensalriser

Only the communist party wants to leave the euro and they won't get enough of the vote to force the issue.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024