Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s 22:27 - Jul 12 with 1827 viewscelbridgeranger

Great post by Dylan p thought I'd be naughty with QPRs greatest number 2s ?
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 22:34 - Jul 12 with 1439 viewseastside_r

Am old enough to remember Dave Clement but never saw him play in the flesh, I reckon a few older than me will go for DC.

However, for me it will be the football genius and all round good guy that was David Bardsley. Definitely in the top 5 of my favourite ever players, possibly even in the top 1.
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 22:36 - Jul 12 with 1424 viewsWokingR

Huh?

I thought he wanted us to detail the best QPR related dump we had ever had
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 22:43 - Jul 12 with 1419 viewsBazWoT

There can be, only one.

Sorry Bard.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:05 - Jul 12 with 1394 viewsSomersetHoops

Well DC did have one accolade to his name, but a great player nevertheless.

Not good quality but shows a bit of DB our other super number 2 in the days when tackling was allowed. The thing about both of them was they played in their position for a long time, when fit, which was most of the time.

Who's Next?

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:08 - Jul 12 with 1389 viewshamptonhillhoop

I got Dave Clement's autograph in the late 70's when I was 9. First autograph I ever got, but don't remember really seeing him play. I can only talk about people I saw, and for me it was Bardsley by a mile, the way he curled that ball down the touchline!
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:22 - Jul 12 with 1370 viewsN12Hoop

Only got 30 years of QPR experiences to go on, but for me Bardsley was our best by a long shot. The fact he never played for England was a disgrace. Think he was kept out by Lee Dixon who wasn't as good as him

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:29 - Jul 12 with 1363 viewscollegeranger

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:22 - Jul 12 by N12Hoop

Only got 30 years of QPR experiences to go on, but for me Bardsley was our best by a long shot. The fact he never played for England was a disgrace. Think he was kept out by Lee Dixon who wasn't as good as him

He did play for England 92-93 Season twice Poland & Spain and full fixtures not friendlies.

I am sure Ian Gillard played No2. I grew up with him and was the link from 75-76 and the Cup Final in 1982, will always be a special player for me.
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:30 - Jul 12 with 1362 viewsJuzzie

Bardsley.

Warren Neil

Login to get fewer ads

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:45 - Jul 12 with 1351 viewshamptonhillhoop

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:29 - Jul 12 by collegeranger

He did play for England 92-93 Season twice Poland & Spain and full fixtures not friendlies.

I am sure Ian Gillard played No2. I grew up with him and was the link from 75-76 and the Cup Final in 1982, will always be a special player for me.

Wasn't that his last game for Rangers?
What a great way to go out
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:45 - Jul 12 with 1349 viewsTheBlob

Kyle Walker.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:48 - Jul 12 with 1343 viewsqueensparker

Honourable mention for Wayne Fereday at right back in the Jim Smith team. Fastest right back we've ever had and best tache in a Rangers shirt ever
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s (n/t) on 23:48 - Jul 12 with 1343 viewsqueensparker

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:54 - Jul 12 with 1329 viewsjamois

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:29 - Jul 12 by collegeranger

Gillard was no. 3. I saw the entire 75/76 season from SA road with my dad. Of all the defence, DC was the most attacking, though as a unit they were all formidable. I honestly don't think we've had a better RB since, as great as Bardsley was. DC, combining with Dave Thomas on the right, that was a real combo to savour.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:54 - Jul 12 with 1329 viewshamptonhillhoop

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:45 - Jul 12 by TheBlob

Kyle Walker.

He looks tough in this photo
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kyle+walker+tottenham+kit&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:58 - Jul 12 with 1325 viewsqueensparker

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:54 - Jul 12 by jamois

Gillard was no. 3. I saw the entire 75/76 season from SA road with my dad. Of all the defence, DC was the most attacking, though as a unit they were all formidable. I honestly don't think we've had a better RB since, as great as Bardsley was. DC, combining with Dave Thomas on the right, that was a real combo to savour.

It's funny, I remember in his first season Bardsley used to get some right stick from the crowd, it took him a while to settle in.

But agree with others, best 2 of my time. Always remember a diving header against the current Champions Leeds in front of the Loft
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 00:02 - Jul 13 with 1319 viewshamptonhillhoop

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:58 - Jul 12 by queensparker

It's funny, I remember in his first season Bardsley used to get some right stick from the crowd, it took him a while to settle in.

But agree with others, best 2 of my time. Always remember a diving header against the current Champions Leeds in front of the Loft

I remember the song "we've got a football genius at number two" I think at the time it was slightly sarcastic. He started off at rangers being moved about and spent a while in midfield before he settled at right back
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 00:03 - Jul 13 with 1317 viewsTheBlob

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:58 - Jul 12 by queensparker

Bardsley was also a great crosser of a ball.Just because he wasn't from a fashionable side kept him out of the England lineup imo.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 01:01 - Jul 13 with 1290 views18StoneOfHoop

Very close call to name The Greatest QPR right-back in a two-horse race:

Dave Clement
His son Neil went on to be a useful player at WBA.

Rolls-Royce of a right-back.Dogged,neat,classy,amazing stamina,made the game look effortless - great positional sense so he was often in place ahead of time because he read the game so well. Mr. Consistent - can't remember him ever being roasted or having a bad game.Puked up in the dressing room khazi half an hour before every match,apparently.

David Bardsley

Debut September 1989 -returned to Blackpool his first club in 1998 after serious injury hamstrung him around '96.
Now a youth coach in the USA where I believe his team play in blue & white hoops.

Unhurried elegant passer and crosser of the ball.The epitome of a right back who is equally adept in defence as attack.Worked beautifully in tandem with Andy Impey who was great at covering when DB went marauding.His floated perfectly measured crosses into the box have never been bettered by a QPR full-back imho.Scored a crucial fantastic thunderbolt top corner free-kick at the Loft End (v ???) leaving me always hopeful of more but only scored 6 in total.Probably Alan McDonald's best friend in the Rangers side -pranksters together - Macca tied Bards up & left him in the dressing room at the end of one season or was it the other way round?.. Macca & Bards ebullient senior pro japesters a bit like Galllen & Birch were later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of us think the best music was made during our seminal impression forming teenage years so I think this can subjectively colour opinions.A case of 'well you would say that wouldn't you.' I was 10 years old at the start of 75/76,probably DC's peak season,and have obviously clearer memories aged 27 of DB's 92/93 zenith.A very hard close call ..I'm gonna get splinters in my backside & I'm not gonna say who was better..you tell me.

Dependable Warren Neill is deffo the 3rd best of All-time R's non-loanee right backs but some way behind DC & DB.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 01:08 - Jul 13 with 1283 viewsDylanP

He would run down the 12 games and then play a few games for them in order to get match fit. They get a top drawer player for a few weeks for free. We get our player back and match fit sooner. Win-win situation.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 01:27 - Jul 13 with 1280 views18StoneOfHoop

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 01:08 - Jul 13 by DylanP

He would run down the 12 games and then play a few games for them in order to get match fit. They get a top drawer player for a few weeks for free. We get our player back and match fit sooner. Win-win situation.

Dylan,you been on the Buds with JD chasers again?
Which thread..the whatnot..12 games..you what???

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 01:44 - Jul 13 with 1272 viewsDylanP

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 23:08 - Jul 12 by hamptonhillhoop

I got Dave Clement's autograph in the late 70's when I was 9. First autograph I ever got, but don't remember really seeing him play. I can only talk about people I saw, and for me it was Bardsley by a mile, the way he curled that ball down the touchline!

Hey. Me too. I got Clement's autograph at a school fair at my Mum's school. She was Headmistress at Quinton Kineston in St John's Wood and he came out to support the school. I took my polaroid camera and got him to autograph the picture of me in my denim jacket with silk scarf tied to my wrist and him also wearing a denim jacket.

Ahh good times!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 01:54 - Jul 13 with 1267 viewsqprmick

We always seemed to have good full backs from Pat Woods and Tony Ingham on. For me the best was Dave Clements. Not much
in it though.

Qprmick

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 02:17 - Jul 13 with 1262 viewsSonofNorfolt

Dave Clement.

More appearances than Alan Macdonald, just further back in everyone's memories.
Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 05:07 - Jul 13 with 1237 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Paul Parker. He scored a great goal against England

It's got to be Yarg

Cheeky QPRs greatest number 2s on 10:01 - Jul 13 with 1178 viewsderbyhoop

Dave Clement
David Bardsley
Warren Neil
Kyle Walker

None of the others come close (I don't count Paul Parker).

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024