Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium Question 15:59 - Oct 14 with 756 viewsexiled_dictator

Very quickly, can someone please answer me this:

I read that Liverpool Council will announce it has given the go-ahead for a series of compulsory purchase order consultations on houses that would need to be demolished in order that Anfield can be made bigger.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19935925

Now I know that announcing & doing having been dragged through the courts by every one of those house owners is very different, but in principle, why couldn't we do the same at Loftus Road to increase capacity there?
Is it different in London?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Stadium Question on 16:06 - Oct 14 with 730 viewsMedwayR

Cost, simple as that

Poll: Who’s better?

Stadium Question on 16:38 - Oct 14 with 683 viewsTacticalR

Can't we just send round Gianni's teams? They did a good job on the Unigate Dairy.

Air hostess clique

Stadium Question on 16:40 - Oct 14 with 681 viewsHayesender

With the house prices the way they are in w12, it would be cheaper to build a new stadium.

The houses round anfield probably cost about 50p

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Stadium Question on 20:01 - Oct 14 with 543 viewssmegma

Wasn't there only 1 householder behind the Centenary Stand that was refusing to sell up some years ago? Maybe they've died or sold up leaving LFC free to extend the Centenary Stand.

Ellerslie Rd has a lot more houses owned by private individuals and are probably more expensive to buy than in Liverpool.
Stadium Question on 20:04 - Oct 14 with 535 viewsJuzzie

Anfield is a seriously poor area. I saw a programme on TV a few months ago and youths would burn houses down on a regular basis just 'cos they were bored.

When they rebuilt one of the stands behind the goal (what used to be the away end) at Goodison Park and when Blackburn rebuilt Ewood Park, both clubs demolished whole streets. They could afford to because it was cheap to do, especially back then.

As others have said, it would cost tens of £millions to buy so many houses around Loftus Road plus the huge amount of time to go the the process of buying and people having to relocate.

Just not worth it.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Stadium Question on 03:05 - Oct 15 with 353 viewsRBlock

Im in Uni in Liverpool and Anfield is a shithole. Most of the houses around the ground are boarded up , shop fronts too. I've talked to Cabbies from Anfield who don't walk around there in the evening. It is up there as one of the worst areas in Liverpool.
Stadium Question on 08:16 - Oct 15 with 297 viewsKonk

Liverpool City Council are desperate for Liverpool FC to get on with either a new stadium or the redevelopment of Anfield due to the effect the delay is having on an already blighted area. They've been moving council tennants out where possible, hence all the empty homes and the longer it's dragged on, the more the area has suffered with other residents keen to leave an area that's in such a state. The council see the regeneration of the ground or building of its replacement as a way to start the regeneration of the area, which is why they're keen to do whatever they can to move things on.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024