Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got a TV Soundbox 23:24 - Jan 27 with 1023 viewsted_hendrix

That you would recommend? I've just got an LG 37LS570T (37") superb TV etc but you know how It is with the sound being compromised etc.
I tried a Bose today and was suitably unimpressed tbh.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 00:25 - Jan 28 with 984 viewsSonofNorfolt

FZ told me to tell you, via a medium, to ram it up your poop shoot. He said that you will understand.
Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 00:31 - Jan 28 with 972 viewsBrightonhoop

Interesting objective view on the Bose. Haven't sampled it for tv yet, but use the cd player in a smallish room and it's superb, so interesting to hear the tv sound box aint all that.
Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 00:34 - Jan 28 with 968 viewsTheBlob

BOSE aka Buy Other Stereo Equipment.
Soundbars from Yamaha always worth checking out.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 00:41 - Jan 28 with 960 viewsBrightonhoop

Soundwave on the Bose cd player is superb, if not dated, and a good alternative to old seperates. Cant comment on the Soundboxes.
Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 08:19 - Jan 28 with 897 viewsA40Bosh

Even if you dont want to buy from Currys they have soundbars and surround sound systems wired up on display and you can get a good idea of what has got bollox and what hasn't.

Last month I bought a 42" Panasonic Viera and I got a matching soundbar with sub woofer. Very pleased with it. For watching TV there is a setting that raises the dialogue volume above background sounds/music which is handy because on a lot of programmes there is so much sound production you can never hear what the actors are actually saying clearly.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 08:30 - Jan 28 with 886 viewschris1969

Have a look at the Orbitsound range. I have the t12 for a few years and more than happy. Not cinema sound but a cheap way of boosting your sound output.
Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 11:17 - Jan 28 with 812 viewscalders

Have a look at richer sounds wed site in there clearance section, takes a bit of time because you have to go through it store by store but just picked up a jbl sb 300 sound bar for £100 ex display was about to bye it for £300 elsewhere, very impressed always rated jbl, every bit as good as Bose IMO.
Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 11:22 - Jan 28 with 802 viewsTW_R

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 08:30 - Jan 28 by chris1969

Have a look at the Orbitsound range. I have the t12 for a few years and more than happy. Not cinema sound but a cheap way of boosting your sound output.

What Chris said. 5 star reviews in what hifi.

http://www.johnlewis.com/231335951/Product.aspx
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 11:37 - Jan 28 with 784 viewsbrewers_hoop

Anyone fancy a pint?
Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 12:09 - Jan 28 with 756 viewsMrSheen

Cheapo solution...
We bought a 24" Panasonic for the front room. The picture was fine, but the sound was tinny and terrible. As the TV was set into shelves, the space was too narrow for a soundbar and too shallow for separates. I got a £40 iPod speaker dock to plug it into. As an extra complication, the TV had optical output only, so I had to buy an optical-to-analogue converter, about £35 on Amazon. It's a convoluted and inelegant solution, as it also has another remote, which we have attached to the main TV remote with a rubber band, but the sound is as good as the Soundbar on my main Sony, with no latency.
Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 13:02 - Jan 28 with 721 viewsdermyqpr

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 12:09 - Jan 28 by MrSheen

Cheapo solution...
We bought a 24" Panasonic for the front room. The picture was fine, but the sound was tinny and terrible. As the TV was set into shelves, the space was too narrow for a soundbar and too shallow for separates. I got a £40 iPod speaker dock to plug it into. As an extra complication, the TV had optical output only, so I had to buy an optical-to-analogue converter, about £35 on Amazon. It's a convoluted and inelegant solution, as it also has another remote, which we have attached to the main TV remote with a rubber band, but the sound is as good as the Soundbar on my main Sony, with no latency.

Thats one way to get the best out of 24"

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 13:09 - Jan 28 with 709 viewsexiled_dictator

What's a TV?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 13:30 - Jan 28 with 678 viewswestberksr

Ted

sat here with my tv/stereo guy and he says avoid BOSE, Yamaha get a thumbs up though with a subwoofer added to it.

don't piss off the neighbours though with all those soaps you love at full blast!
Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 13:45 - Jan 28 with 661 viewsHanwellHoop

Agree with Blob - Yamaha

I've being doing a bit of research meself lately. BOSE is well overpriced - you'd hope they sound good for that price.
Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 13:58 - Jan 28 with 651 viewsBrightonhoop

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 12:09 - Jan 28 by MrSheen

Cheapo solution...

That's post of 2013 so far for me. I'd ask you to change my cam belt but on second thoughts.....
Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 19:16 - Jan 28 with 607 viewsted_hendrix

Thanks for the comments lads all noted, I nipped up to Curry's today and tried a few, tbh the Samsung was quite good but Samsung being married to chelshit and all that I just couldn't do It.
I'm gonna try Richer Sounds and Orbitsound and as suggested Yamaha, I've also made up me mind to go for a 'wireless woofer' LOL

Wireless woofer, dear me the bloody worlds gone mad.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 07:29 - Jan 29 with 526 viewsFearless

Anyone got a TV Soundbox on 19:16 - Jan 28 by ted_hendrix

Thanks for the comments lads all noted, I nipped up to Curry's today and tried a few, tbh the Samsung was quite good but Samsung being married to chelshit and all that I just couldn't do It.
I'm gonna try Richer Sounds and Orbitsound and as suggested Yamaha, I've also made up me mind to go for a 'wireless woofer' LOL

Wireless woofer, dear me the bloody worlds gone mad.

Mama's got a squeezebox...

Does that help?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024