Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill is Bloody Amazing 11:13 - Mar 3 with 2432 viewsDylanP

Seriously. Who is this Hill fellow? Is he from outer space or something? He is like 900 years old. He is slow. He is not good enough to play and shipped off to Forest. And, oh yeah, he is probably our best player two years in a row.

Seriously, was there a better player wearing hoops yesterday?

When played in the center, he has been outstanding all season and hardly put a foot wrong. Considering even he didn't think he was good enough to keep his place in the team if we got promoted to the Prem, he has been a bright spot in a pretty under-performing team.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:27 - Mar 3 with 1725 viewsMarc

Not to p1ss on your parade but he has put a foot wrong a few times this season.

Lets not got overboard.
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:31 - Mar 3 with 1695 viewsTHEBUSH

Probably playing with Samba has improved his game, yesterday I thought Clint and Samba were great for us, we are looking more solid in defence !!
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:33 - Mar 3 with 1686 viewsMarc

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:31 - Mar 3 by THEBUSH

Probably playing with Samba has improved his game, yesterday I thought Clint and Samba were great for us, we are looking more solid in defence !!

There were certainly a few shaky moments early on in the game.

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:36 - Mar 3 with 1661 viewsTHEBUSH

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:33 - Mar 3 by Marc

There were certainly a few shaky moments early on in the game.

I thought our Centre Backs looked less shaky, than the Southampton Centre Backs.
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:39 - Mar 3 with 1644 viewsTW_R

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:27 - Mar 3 by Marc

Not to p1ss on your parade but he has put a foot wrong a few times this season.

Lets not got overboard.

Yeah - Dylan is prone to a bit of hyperbole. I think he's forgetting the game at Norwich where he was ripped a new one by Holt, the Liverpool game and last week, but Hill definitely has more good games than bad.
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:40 - Mar 3 with 1634 viewspeejaybee

He does tend to throw his arm up and stand still claiming offside a lot.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:46 - Mar 3 with 1611 viewsClive_Anderson

All defenders make mistakes. I remember Torres making Vidic look like an absolute chimp a few years back when playing for Liverpool, but that doesn't stop Vidic being one of the best defenders in the league.

As long as he's solid most weeks then that's the sign of a good defender.
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:57 - Mar 3 with 1574 viewsWestbourneR

Astounded by the last three or four posts in this thread. Hill deserves a lot better than you lot.

We spend our time moaning that we don't have players who are committed and professional and then dig out the one player who has stood up and been counted over and over again.

Well done Dylan. The rest of you are being total prats into book.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 12:00 - Mar 3 with 1559 viewsMarc

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:57 - Mar 3 by WestbourneR

Astounded by the last three or four posts in this thread. Hill deserves a lot better than you lot.

We spend our time moaning that we don't have players who are committed and professional and then dig out the one player who has stood up and been counted over and over again.

Just being realistic pal

I very much appreciate Clint.
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 12:35 - Mar 3 with 1493 viewsHollowayRanger

how much is hill on?

compare him to samba onouha ferdinand nelsen and he's great value for money

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 13:16 - Mar 3 with 1431 viewsTW_R

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:57 - Mar 3 by WestbourneR

As usual Westbourne you're just reading what you believe some of us wrote, not what we actually wrote. No one has been "dug out" as you put it. And no one has said they don't want Hill in the team. He's played well this season, but he's not infallible as Dylan has made out above.

Just because we have opinions you don't agree with doesn't make us prats. Cue you're "well I know more than you" response.
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 15:19 - Mar 3 with 1284 viewswombat

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 13:16 - Mar 3 by TW_R

As usual Westbourne you're just reading what you believe some of us wrote, not what we actually wrote. No one has been "dug out" as you put it. And no one has said they don't want Hill in the team. He's played well this season, but he's not infallible as Dylan has made out above.

Just because we have opinions you don't agree with doesn't make us prats. Cue you're "well I know more than you" response.

Actually thought hill had a great game yesterday got proper distance on his headers each time , samba also looked like he isn't far of being back to full fitness something we need in the coming weeks

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 16:09 - Mar 3 with 1200 viewsPhilmyRs

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 15:19 - Mar 3 by wombat

Actually thought hill had a great game yesterday got proper distance on his headers each time , samba also looked like he isn't far of being back to full fitness something we need in the coming weeks

Agree. Before yesterday I was looking at what would give us our best chance of winning and sacrificing Hill was an option I thought we should consider due to not keeping a high line when he plays. I'm pleasedt Harry kept him in the side. He was good yesterday, very good. One a lot of key headers and was a controlling presence during the game. Credit where credits due, well played Clint Hill
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 17:15 - Mar 3 with 1110 viewsMkPaul

He also puts the ball into touch a lot when there are other options available to him that would not keep us under pressure, has done better than.expected this year and been a key member of a poor team .. but wouldnt go as far as to say amazing has cost us a few as well as prevented a few
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 18:04 - Mar 3 with 1059 viewsWestbourneR

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 13:16 - Mar 3 by TW_R

TW_R I read your post and stand by what I said.

On a post that's quite rightly giving Hill a glowing write up you mention the two games he didn't play well and then sum up with 'he's had more games than he's had bad''.

That's all your got to add about a man who has been a colossus for us all season??? Nice one. Prat is the least it deserves.

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 18:12 - Mar 3 with 1044 viewsTW_R

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 18:04 - Mar 3 by WestbourneR

TW_R I read your post and stand by what I said.

On a post that's quite rightly giving Hill a glowing write up you mention the two games he didn't play well and then sum up with 'he's had more games than he's had bad''.

That's all your got to add about a man who has been a colossus for us all season??? Nice one. Prat is the least it deserves.

Yeah I know. You're right, I apologise for having the audacity for posting an opinion. Obviously I will have to bow to your superior knowledge on all things related to QPR from now on. As you've stated before you know a lot more than me, so if you can just let me know what you're not happy with in future I will retract any of those posts and just make them the same as yours.
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 18:20 - Mar 3 with 1022 viewsMarc

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 18:12 - Mar 3 by TW_R

Yeah I know. You're right, I apologise for having the audacity for posting an opinion. Obviously I will have to bow to your superior knowledge on all things related to QPR from now on. As you've stated before you know a lot more than me, so if you can just let me know what you're not happy with in future I will retract any of those posts and just make them the same as yours.

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 21:44 - Mar 3 with 857 viewsGloryHunter

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:39 - Mar 3 by TW_R

Yeah - Dylan is prone to a bit of hyperbole. I think he's forgetting the game at Norwich where he was ripped a new one by Holt, the Liverpool game and last week, but Hill definitely has more good games than bad.

That's not fair. Clint was playing full-back at Norwich, and said afterwards that he didn't have the legs for that any more.
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 01:01 - Mar 4 with 728 viewsDylanP

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 21:44 - Mar 3 by GloryHunter

That's not fair. Clint was playing full-back at Norwich, and said afterwards that he didn't have the legs for that any more.

I did specifically say "When he is playing in the centre..."

And, yes, I was being a bit over the top. What the hell!! Can't a bloke express a little admiration and respect for a player who has gone way above expectations without smart alecs finding fault? Get a grip, peeps!

Hill is bloody amazing, considering. Not infallible. But still amazing.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 01:21 - Mar 4 with 717 viewsQPR_Nippon

I recorded the game and watched it again last night, rewinding and rewatching a fair bit of it to more closely examine each player's performance.

What I noticed second time round was how immense Hill's performance was. He read the game really well, his positioning was excellent and he won countless headers, which as someone already remarked he got great distance on every time.

When we have defended deep and have had Derry and/or Mbia shielding the back four to ensure the opposition attackers don't get the chance to run at him one on one, or have the space to turn him as Suarez did, he has been excellent this season.

I suppose the question is, by playing this way to play to Hill's strengths as a defender, is the team compromised as an attacking force?
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 01:46 - Mar 4 with 707 viewsqprmick

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 01:21 - Mar 4 by QPR_Nippon

I recorded the game and watched it again last night, rewinding and rewatching a fair bit of it to more closely examine each player's performance.

What I noticed second time round was how immense Hill's performance was. He read the game really well, his positioning was excellent and he won countless headers, which as someone already remarked he got great distance on every time.

When we have defended deep and have had Derry and/or Mbia shielding the back four to ensure the opposition attackers don't get the chance to run at him one on one, or have the space to turn him as Suarez did, he has been excellent this season.

I suppose the question is, by playing this way to play to Hill's strengths as a defender, is the team compromised as an attacking force?

Exactly my thoughts on Saturday.

Qprmick

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 06:35 - Mar 4 with 665 viewsPey

He had IMHO a very good game against United too.

We know he is not the quickest but he can make a life hard for an attacker.
That's why i think we should not offer a midfield player when we are playing two strikers but have three defenders so you will have more options in the midfield using attacking wing backs with Traore and Fabio.
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:25 - Mar 4 with 542 viewsWestbourneR

Nice one Marc, excellent rolling laugh smiley, i'm crushed. Use of the word 'prat' aside (didn't mean to make TW_R cry) this was pretty much the point I was making.

Hill does lack pace but I actually think he is outstanding in many other areas. Positioning, heading, reading of the game, tackling, he is reasonable on the ball and he leads. I think that in his younger years (he used have decent pace) he was a Prem centre half playing at the wrong level.

Mind you both Stoke and Palace paid pretty big money for him so he was noticed by some in the game.

If, and it's a big if, we survive that will be two years in a row we have been saved by a guy who joined on a free as left back. Thank god he was still knocking around in our squad when Anton and others were revealed for the rubbish they are.

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:41 - Mar 4 with 521 viewsTW_R

Hill is Bloody Amazing on 21:44 - Mar 3 by GloryHunter

Well, I won't post an opinion on this as Westbourne may get upset that it differs from his, but the facts from that specific game were:-

1. Hill played CB. Traore & Fabio played at FB
2. Hill couldn't handle Holt and was always far too close to him, allowing Holt to fall over after every touch from Hill
2. Hill was booked in the 1st half and was very lucky not to get sent off
3. Hill was subbed at half time because he was having a poor game

But, of course, mentioning any of this means I'm a prat and I shouldn't add any comments that Westbourne doesn't like!
Hill is Bloody Amazing on 11:47 - Mar 4 with 517 viewsWestbourneR

TW_R - you're missing the point here. Of course you should state your opinion, that's what the board is for. But it doesn't mean I can't strongly disagree with you.

Especially when you are choosing to focus on the two negative performances of a player who has been so good for us all season.

On a post about how brilliant Hill has been you're listing the errors he made in a game played two fixtures into the season. I'm sorry, I think that's really stupid.

Now stop whining and get over it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024