Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market 22:40 - Sep 10 with 2801 viewsBklynRanger

Said "I hope not" and that he's happy with the squad. Adds more weight to the idea that he'll go with one up top.

The only question I have now is whether he'll keep Barton and Henry in the team together, or decide that Barton can handle the DM role while the players in front of him pass the opposition to death.
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 22:59 - Sep 10 with 2734 viewsKiwi76

Henry is for those rainy Tues nights north of Watford where need to battle - all our fancy dan wingers will have their gloves on sitting on the bench to have 25-30mins if the rain stops.
Fewer starts at sub-tropical Loftus Rd though all going to plan.
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 23:55 - Sep 10 with 2631 viewsGetMeRangers

Where did you see this? If it is the case, then perhaps we are going to see a formation with one up top and some more exciting passing football that 'arry's teams are well known for.

Barton and Henry... making the huge assumption that the rest of the midfield are going to stay injury free and Joey doesnt get sent off/collect too many bookings. With a long season, there is bound to be rotation. Would seem harsh on Henry but perhaps he will get a fair few subs, much in the way Tarbs was subbed on 70 mins for ages by NW, when he was short of match fitness
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 14:33 - Sep 11 with 2273 viewsBklynRanger

It was on 'Player' yesterday.

He also said he 's happy with the squad now and wouldn't swap it for any other...
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 15:28 - Sep 11 with 2177 viewsadhoc_qpr

He's either mad or really rates Kevin Hitchcock if he doesn't want to bring in a loan striker.

We currently have 3 senior strikers:

Andy Johnson - hasn't played over 30 games since 2008, played 26 games in the last 3 years.

Bobby Zamora - finished, 20 minute sub at best.

Charlie Austin - should be the main man, but slight concern over that Hull medical.

Even if we play one upfront, we still need 2 of them to be fit and available for another 40+ games.
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 15:41 - Sep 11 with 2143 viewsQPRDave

I think he likes Kevin Hitchcock, but i think it's his boy Tom he really rates!!

I think we have to be careful we don't overload the squad. When you saw our bench at Leeds most of them would walk into any side in this division and we've strengthened further since then. We don't want players getting restless if there are too many in front them of them to get in the matchday squad.
Anyway if the worse comes to the worse and we lose key players to injury we can still loan.
Ok the best loans may have all gone but there will still be players available to get us to the window
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 15:56 - Sep 11 with 2119 viewsadhoc_qpr

Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 15:41 - Sep 11 by QPRDave

I think he likes Kevin Hitchcock, but i think it's his boy Tom he really rates!!

I think we have to be careful we don't overload the squad. When you saw our bench at Leeds most of them would walk into any side in this division and we've strengthened further since then. We don't want players getting restless if there are too many in front them of them to get in the matchday squad.
Anyway if the worse comes to the worse and we lose key players to injury we can still loan.
Ok the best loans may have all gone but there will still be players available to get us to the window

Doh i meant Tom!

We can easily sustain a 4th striker, even playing one upfront and especially if they are a loan player.

Yes we can loan players until November, but given the paucity of options anyway i can't see there being anyone worth having once our Championship rivals have taken their pick over the next month or so.
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 16:11 - Sep 11 with 2086 viewsbaz_qpr

I still think we need a center forward who can hold and lay off. Would not be surprised if Cole still comes to us if he can prove his fitness
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 16:50 - Sep 11 with 2039 viewsdaveB

Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 15:28 - Sep 11 by adhoc_qpr

He's either mad or really rates Kevin Hitchcock if he doesn't want to bring in a loan striker.

We currently have 3 senior strikers:

Andy Johnson - hasn't played over 30 games since 2008, played 26 games in the last 3 years.

Bobby Zamora - finished, 20 minute sub at best.

Charlie Austin - should be the main man, but slight concern over that Hull medical.

Even if we play one upfront, we still need 2 of them to be fit and available for another 40+ games.

If one of those gets injured then we enter the loan market, it would be daft to enter it now when for all we know those 3 might have a Helguson in our promotion year like season and suffer no injuries. If we sign a loan player they'll have to play and at the moment we're not desperate for one
Login to get fewer ads

Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 17:05 - Sep 11 with 2005 viewsQPRDave

Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 15:56 - Sep 11 by adhoc_qpr

Doh i meant Tom!

We can easily sustain a 4th striker, even playing one upfront and especially if they are a loan player.

Yes we can loan players until November, but given the paucity of options anyway i can't see there being anyone worth having once our Championship rivals have taken their pick over the next month or so.

Sorry ad ....i know you mean't Tom ...I obviously missed my true vocation as a teecha!!

[Post edited 11 Sep 2013 17:06]
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 17:18 - Sep 11 with 1983 viewsjamois

I'm surprised. I mean, I actually want us to play one up front but I still thought it was almost a given we'd be in for a striker on loan if there was one suitable and available.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 18:27 - Sep 11 with 1888 viewsBklynRanger

Maybe he sees Kranjcar as practically a 4th striker? - he's already said he can play off a front man or words to that effect.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll get tempted by some bit of business at some point...
Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 19:28 - Sep 11 with 1819 viewsderbyhoop

I saw an article yesterday about 5 potential loanees from the Premiership.

Macheda, Lingaard, Hutton, Vaz Te, Butland

Macheda and Hutton - WTF!!!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Harry doesn't expect to use the loan market on 19:41 - Sep 11 with 1791 viewsLblock

I'm sure we'll see Dobbie from Palace through the W12 revolving door soon

He seems to be the perennial pro at this level and been involved as a support striker in two promotions
I believe he's not the Palace 25?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024