Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating 11:13 - Nov 3 with 4506 viewsgueRRilla

Remarkable isn't it, how those who don't actually have to pay to heat their SECOND homes, don't see the astronomical rise in energy bills as something they need to do something about?!

"MPs' expenses claims included '£200,000 to heat second homes'"

Sunday Mirror reports that 340 MPs did so up to March this year, with Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi topping the list with £5,822.27

MPs have come under attack for claiming £200,000 of taxpayers' money to cover the cost of their energy bills.

Some 340 MPs, including ministers, have used the parliamentary expenses system to recoup the cost of heating their second homes, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Bills costing more than £1,000 were submitted by 41 MPs while 78 made claims for £500 in the 12 months up to March this year, its analysis found.

The claims do not break any parliamentary rules but come at a time of heightened tensions over the spiralling cost of gas and electricity.

Conservative MP Nadhim Zahawi, a founder of market research firm YouGov, claimed the most with a bill totalling £5,822.27 to cover electricity and heating oil for his estate in Warwickshire.

Alan Duncan, the international development minister, claimed £2,750 for electricity bills and £1,250 in heating oil for his home in Rutland, Leicestershire, while universities minister David Willetts claimed £2,596.

Labour MP John Mann, who did not claim for his energy bills, told the Sunday Mirror: "Perhaps the MPs who have submitted the claims should start wearing thicker jumpers.

Continued: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/nov/03/mp-expenses-claims-200000-pounds
MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 11:17 - Nov 3 with 4495 viewsBrightonhoop

When the storm cam in last Monday Cameron suggested to all MP's that 'if the eye of the storm looks set to pass over your house, it would be prudent to move to your second or third house.'

Entirely fictitious of course...but nothing should suprise us where the parasites in Parliament are concerned.
MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 11:31 - Nov 3 with 4471 viewsWanderR

If you're that worried about it, why not find out whether your MP claimed and write to them or attend their constituency surgery? Do a lot more good than venting on here.

Current location: OX10

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 12:34 - Nov 3 with 4431 viewsstowmarketrange

They are all fraudsters and get away with whatever scams they can do until they can all claim their massive pensions and then go to work in the city for some high flying company for 3 days a month.
When I worked for the post office and had to be away from home 2 days a week,I was paid £93 a week tax free,but I had to find my own accomodation,fuel,food and council tax out of it.Why should we keep on subsidising these freeloaders?
It is MPs from all sides that are to blame,so I'm not just accusing certain parties.They are like pigs in a food trough.
MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 12:53 - Nov 3 with 4407 viewsjonno

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 12:34 - Nov 3 by stowmarketrange

They are all fraudsters and get away with whatever scams they can do until they can all claim their massive pensions and then go to work in the city for some high flying company for 3 days a month.
When I worked for the post office and had to be away from home 2 days a week,I was paid £93 a week tax free,but I had to find my own accomodation,fuel,food and council tax out of it.Why should we keep on subsidising these freeloaders?
It is MPs from all sides that are to blame,so I'm not just accusing certain parties.They are like pigs in a food trough.

Totally agree. And anyway - why should they be able to claim for the cost of heating their second homes - while they are there they aren't heating the first home. Try claiming tax relief on the cost of heating a second home and see how far you get.....
MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 12:59 - Nov 3 with 4404 viewsgueRRilla

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 11:31 - Nov 3 by WanderR

If you're that worried about it, why not find out whether your MP claimed and write to them or attend their constituency surgery? Do a lot more good than venting on here.

I live in Ireland now, where the levels of corruption amongst our political class make your MP's look like boy scouts. Still interested in UK politics though and enjoying the recent energy-related Westminster kerfuffle.
MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 14:04 - Nov 3 with 4357 viewsHollowayRanger

If something bad happened to houses of parlly

not a tear no not i!

they are all thiefs

has their ever been a unrich mp

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 15:21 - Nov 3 with 4314 viewsBromleyHoop

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&v

Poll: Who is your player of the season

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 15:47 - Nov 3 with 4285 viewsstowmarketrange

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 14:04 - Nov 3 by HollowayRanger

not a tear no not i!

they are all thiefs

If they weren't rich before they got elected,they sure are made for life by the time they get voted out.
Login to get fewer ads

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 15:50 - Nov 3 with 4281 viewshoopstilidie

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 14:04 - Nov 3 by HollowayRanger

not a tear no not i!

they are all thiefs

That entire post hurt my brain.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 17:28 - Nov 3 with 4218 viewsDoughnut

Do you expect anything better from these criminals, who run this country....into the ground, every day?
MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 18:12 - Nov 3 with 4180 viewshoopstilidie

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 17:28 - Nov 3 by Doughnut

Do you expect anything better from these criminals, who run this country....into the ground, every day?

All parties, not just those running it.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 19:57 - Nov 3 with 4147 viewsDoughnut

MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 18:12 - Nov 3 by hoopstilidie

All parties, not just those running it.

Definately ALL parties....!!
MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 20:22 - Nov 3 with 4126 viewsGloryHunter

It is important to keep your second home heated, otherwise condensation and mould growth might damage the decorations and valuable paintings.
MP's claim expenses for 2nd home heating on 20:35 - Nov 3 with 4113 viewsTacticalR

It's interesting some of the figures quoted there. If you are on Job Seeker's Allowance (rather Orwellian terminology) of £70 a week you have £3640 to live on a year (assuming you are not 'sanctioned' as 700,000 people were last year). Enough to live on perhaps, but certainly not enough to heat an MP's second home.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2013 20:37]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024