Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PROMOTED with 2 runs required from 1 delivery 11:47 - Feb 2 with 19565 viewsRAFCBLUE

Been looking at the 2009-10 season - there are lots of similarities in the League makeup after 28/29 games, a tight bunch of eight clubs all playing for three places but with a couple (Chesterfield, Scunthorpe) one game better than the rest.

To beat our best ever L2 season (3rd) we need from the last 18 games:

36 points: (12 wins, 11 wins 3 draws, 10 wins, 6 draws, 9 wins 9 draws)
39 goals:

Unlikely we will be able to be the goals against record, only 14 more from now which shows you the quality of Craig Dawson in the promotion season.

The run in starts here - could be very very close.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2014 17:37]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

8 runs required from 5 deliveries on 13:03 - Apr 8 with 2420 viewsGhanaDale

8 runs required from 5 deliveries on 11:26 - Apr 8 by D_Alien

It may come down to goal difference - or even goals scored!

That's how things stand at the moment. There's going to be a lot of water flowing under the bridges of the next five games - and to continue the metaphor, it's very much cross each bridge as we come to it.

But as you say, the way Hilly has set us up this season has put us where we are, with our noses in front. Hogan returning is massive. We hardly suffered during his spell out injured but now he's back refreshed and hopefully firing on all cylinders.

The only change I'd like to see is, if we get to 3-0 say midway through the second half, not easing up as we seem to have done at that point. Understandable in that there's no point draining the players chasing a 4th when the points are in the bag - but maybe bring on fresh legs and just keep going for it now, with the finishing line in sight and no regrets at missing out by a nose!

I have to agree with this, there's been a few times this season where I've been a bit disappointed to see the players take their foot off the gas at 2/3-0 when it looked like we could score a couple more.
Just got to hope we don't lose out by a goal or 2!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

8 runs required from 5 deliveries on 15:32 - Apr 8 with 2285 viewsaleanddale

I would like to clarify my view is only through supporters eyes. Hilly ( Obviously ) and the vast majority on here are far better analysts than me.

Thinking about it today of course I would snap any ones hand off if offered 5 x 1-0 victories and another 15 points!!

Forget that might not be enough to win the league. My nerves would be shot.

A resounding win on Saturday however would tee us up a treat and then we can get down to winning 1-0 on Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday!!!!!
8 runs required from 5 deliveries on 16:19 - Apr 8 with 2246 viewsTalkingSutty

8 runs required from 5 deliveries on 15:32 - Apr 8 by aleanddale

I would like to clarify my view is only through supporters eyes. Hilly ( Obviously ) and the vast majority on here are far better analysts than me.

Thinking about it today of course I would snap any ones hand off if offered 5 x 1-0 victories and another 15 points!!

Forget that might not be enough to win the league. My nerves would be shot.

A resounding win on Saturday however would tee us up a treat and then we can get down to winning 1-0 on Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday!!!!!

I think the biggest game of the season, possibly our history, is going to be at Newport somehow.

This post has been edited by an administrator
8 runs required from 5 deliveries on 17:15 - Apr 8 with 2193 viewsaleanddale

8 runs required from 5 deliveries on 16:19 - Apr 8 by TalkingSutty

I think the biggest game of the season, possibly our history, is going to be at Newport somehow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I agree TS there is something in your prediction!!

Imagine - Newport Away and a win would see us achieve something never before in the clubs history!!

There you go i cant even say it!!! Ch Ch Ch Cha !!!!! Granville!!!
8 runs required from 5 deliveries on 17:52 - Apr 8 with 2163 viewsTalkingSutty

8 runs required from 5 deliveries on 17:15 - Apr 8 by aleanddale

I agree TS there is something in your prediction!!

Imagine - Newport Away and a win would see us achieve something never before in the clubs history!!

There you go i cant even say it!!! Ch Ch Ch Cha !!!!! Granville!!!

Stop it.....your getting me all excited!!
8 runs required from 4 deliveries on 17:03 - Apr 12 with 1914 viewsRAFCBLUE

8 points (3 wins, 2 wins & 2 draws) required

18 goals required
6 goals still to concede

Earliest game promotion can be secured:

Bristol Rovers (a): Even if we beat Southend (h) and Fleetwood also lose their Good Friday game we would be a maximum of 9 clear with 3 to play.

Going to go to the wire.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 17:09]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

8 runs required from 4 deliveries on 17:24 - Apr 12 with 1868 viewsfrenzied

7 points would be enough...6 poss as we have a much better goal diff thank god !!!!!1
8 runs required from 4 deliveries on 17:36 - Apr 12 with 1844 viewsRAFCBLUE

8 is the number of points needed to match our last promotion season (original topic from Feb 2nd) but 7 points will do it as of tonight's table

Looking at Fleetwood's last four games:
Cheltenham (a)
Wycombe (h)
Southend (h)
Chesterfield (a)

Doubt they will get the full 12 from that lot either but still all to play for.

Login to get fewer ads

8 runs required from 4 deliveries on 17:43 - Apr 12 with 1817 viewsolympicdale

8 runs required from 4 deliveries on 17:36 - Apr 12 by RAFCBLUE

8 is the number of points needed to match our last promotion season (original topic from Feb 2nd) but 7 points will do it as of tonight's table

Looking at Fleetwood's last four games:
Cheltenham (a)
Wycombe (h)
Southend (h)
Chesterfield (a)

Doubt they will get the full 12 from that lot either but still all to play for.

looking at those fixtures I can see them getting 9 points, I think 4 points should be enough for us, just getting that win is crucial.

Life is a game of fate.

8 runs required from 4 deliveries on 17:53 - Apr 12 with 1785 viewsmacro

7 points now enough mathematically
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 18:00]
8 runs required from 4 deliveries on 12:34 - Apr 13 with 1658 viewsfrenzied

so at the moment we are guaranteed a play off spot ..which if i understand the rules means we would have the first leg away as we cant end up lower than 5th at the moment?
8 runs required from 3 deliveries (7 required from 3 to finish 3rd) on 17:30 - Apr 18 with 1488 viewsRAFCBLUE

To beat the 2009/10 season (82 points):

8 points (3 wins) required

18 goals required - unlikely to be met in the next three games
3 goals still to concede

Defensive form crucial. Whatever happens at Bristol we must go back to having a good solid clean sheet.

Still in our hands, still lots of football to be played.

8 runs required from 3 deliveries (7 required from 3 to finish 3rd) on 17:26 - Apr 21 with 1341 viewsdalefan

8 runs required from 3 deliveries (7 required from 3 to finish 3rd) on 17:30 - Apr 18 by RAFCBLUE

8 points (3 wins) required

18 goals required - unlikely to be met in the next three games
3 goals still to concede

Defensive form crucial. Whatever happens at Bristol we must go back to having a good solid clean sheet.

Still in our hands, still lots of football to be played.

CAN someone update this please
5 runs required from 2 deliveries on 17:58 - Apr 21 with 1259 viewsRAFCBLUE

5 points (2 wins) required

16 goals required - unlikely to be met in the next two games
2 goals still to concede

Defensive form crucial. Whatever happens at home vs Cheltenham we must go back to having a good solid clean sheet.

MOTM today: Keith Hill's stylist.

PROMOTED with 2 runs required from 1 delivery on 17:40 - Apr 26 with 1058 viewsRAFCBLUE

2 points (1 win) required

14 goals required - unlikely to be met in the next game.
2 goals still to concede

Defensive form crucial. Whatever happens at home vs Cheltenham we must go back to having a good solid clean sheet.

MOTM today: Sidney Hill

All eyes now on Chesterfield tomorrow...

PROMOTED with 2 runs required from 1 delivery on 17:50 - Apr 26 with 1023 viewsregjenkins

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

PROMOTED with 2 runs required from 1 delivery on 11:19 - Apr 27 with 861 viewsaleanddale

DONE AND DUSTED!!!!!

Cake iced!!! now where is that Newport Cherry!!!
PROMOTED with 2 runs required from 1 delivery on 08:18 - May 3 with 737 viewsRAFCBLUE

2 points required for our best ever points haul in a League 2 season.

2 goals defensively left for our possible equalling or beating of fewest goals conceded in a League 2 season

Promotion secured already ; if you're travelling to South Wales have a safe journey and enjoy your day.

Will this be best trip, we've ever been on....?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024