Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chesterfields Final Two League Games 11:47 - Mar 26 with 7139 viewsaleanddale

Just Looking at Chesterfields last two league games and it gets better and better for us.

Burton then Fleetwood.

If - and its a BIG IF - we can win on Saturday the combination of Chesterfield playing our nearest challengers last 2 games is win win for us.

On Both weekend points WILL be dropped by some of our rivals.

Lets hope we achieve promotion quickly and then get the favour required as we push on further.
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 12:10 - Mar 26 with 4629 viewsTalkingSutty

Fleetwood have all the pressure on Saturday, they have to win not only to try to break into the top three but also to keep at bay the chasing pack looking for play off places, a draw would be a good result for us but of course we are capable of better.

Match Fleetwoods will to want to win the game and most importantly keep all 11 players on the pitch then I think we will be ok. The team who wants the game the most normally comes out on top so lets hope that's us and not them.
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 13:02 - Mar 26 with 4473 views100notout

Whilst at the other end of the table ..................

Mon 21st Apr - Northampton v Portsmouth

There'll be some squeaky bums there and on lasts nights performance I fancy Northampto to win that one

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 14:45 - Mar 26 with 4312 viewsParkinsGimp

Hey its looking better by the day :-)
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 14:52 - Mar 26 with 4287 viewsdingdangblue

If we beat Fleetwood on Saturday it puts us 12 points clear of them (13 if you include superior goal difference) - with only 6 games to play. Would take an awful lot to go wrong to not be promoted from that position. #massiveslump

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 14:59 - Mar 26 with 4257 viewsToffeemanc

Don't count The buckets safe yet either.
They have a very interesting run-in with all except Morecambe and Exeter fighting to go up or stay up. Think Torquay are as good as down already but that 2nd slot for the drop could go to any one of Bury, Bristol, Wycombe, Portsmouth or Northampton.

What price Dale go up and Bury go down?

League Two
Northampton v Bury Sat 29 Mar
Bury v Bristol Rovers Tue 1 Apr
Bury v Exeter Sat 5 Apr
Scunthorpe v Bury Sat 12 Apr
Bury v Plymouth Fri 18 Apr
York v Bury Mon 21 Apr
Bury v Portsmouth Sat 26 Apr
Morecambe v Bury Sat 3 May 15:00

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 16:19 - Mar 26 with 4091 viewsaleanddale

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 14:59 - Mar 26 by Toffeemanc

Don't count The buckets safe yet either.
They have a very interesting run-in with all except Morecambe and Exeter fighting to go up or stay up. Think Torquay are as good as down already but that 2nd slot for the drop could go to any one of Bury, Bristol, Wycombe, Portsmouth or Northampton.

What price Dale go up and Bury go down?

League Two
Northampton v Bury Sat 29 Mar
Bury v Bristol Rovers Tue 1 Apr
Bury v Exeter Sat 5 Apr
Scunthorpe v Bury Sat 12 Apr
Bury v Plymouth Fri 18 Apr
York v Bury Mon 21 Apr
Bury v Portsmouth Sat 26 Apr
Morecambe v Bury Sat 3 May 15:00

They should get 8 points from those remaining games.

If they manage a win Sat they can crawl over the line from there.

If they lose Saturday then maybe camp unrest will get the nerves jangling.

A MASSIVE Saturday coming up for Us and bURY but for 2 very different reasons.

Agree a win Saturday and not go up would be like Devon Loch!! The buckets would have a field day!.
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 22:48 - Mar 29 with 3747 viewsDaley_Lama

What are people's thoughts now about these two games.

Imagine a situation where the top 3 are all promoted with 2 games to go.

On that basis Burton and Fleetwood will be secured in the playoffs.

In that situation Burton and Fleetwood could rest players in prep for the playoffs, which a title hunting Chesterfield would very much like.

Help or a hindrance? Only time will tell.

Poll: DF in or out

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 22:52 - Mar 29 with 3736 viewsTalkingSutty

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 22:48 - Mar 29 by Daley_Lama

What are people's thoughts now about these two games.

Imagine a situation where the top 3 are all promoted with 2 games to go.

On that basis Burton and Fleetwood will be secured in the playoffs.

In that situation Burton and Fleetwood could rest players in prep for the playoffs, which a title hunting Chesterfield would very much like.

Help or a hindrance? Only time will tell.

It would still be in our hands and we are good enough to win the league on our own.
Login to get fewer ads

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 22:56 - Mar 29 with 3719 viewsDaley_Lama

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 22:52 - Mar 29 by TalkingSutty

It would still be in our hands and we are good enough to win the league on our own.

It is, but I'd hate to be gazumped on final day as we draw with a tough game versus a full strentgh Newport team while Chesterfield won the title v Fleetwood reserves.

The point i was going for is that a week ago these fixtures looked very helpful to our ambitions, today that is less certain.

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 23:02 - Mar 29 with 3702 viewsTalkingSutty

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 22:56 - Mar 29 by Daley_Lama

It is, but I'd hate to be gazumped on final day as we draw with a tough game versus a full strentgh Newport team while Chesterfield won the title v Fleetwood reserves.

The point i was going for is that a week ago these fixtures looked very helpful to our ambitions, today that is less certain.

I know what you mean but if that ensures clinching certain promotion without an late dramas I will take it. Champions is icing on the cake and I think we are well capable of coming very close, we probably wont need anybody else to do us any favours neither.

I see Scunny as being the threat, Chesterfield have been pretty average for quite a while now.
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 23:19 - Mar 29 with 3666 viewsDaley_Lama

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 23:02 - Mar 29 by TalkingSutty

I know what you mean but if that ensures clinching certain promotion without an late dramas I will take it. Champions is icing on the cake and I think we are well capable of coming very close, we probably wont need anybody else to do us any favours neither.

I see Scunny as being the threat, Chesterfield have been pretty average for quite a while now.

Same from me, Chesterfield looked like deffo champions on the pitch early doors but since Mansfield won at their place, their form is akin to Plymouth and York.

To be above a team who have gone 24 unbeaten is remarkable. To be where we are right now is remarkable

I demand nowt but hope for everything from this lot, they've already exceeeded anything i could have reasonably expected.

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 02:06 - Mar 30 with 3570 viewsTVOS1907

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 22:56 - Mar 29 by Daley_Lama

Remember these teams will be playing for league positions and potential home advantage in the second leg of the play-offs, if that's what suits them.

Failing that, they could always give Flitcroft a game!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 02:11 - Mar 30 with 3567 viewslove_the_dale

Now that the play-offs are virtually guaranteed, I agree with what others have said - let’s get promotion virtually guaranteed as well and then think about the top spot.

If our four opponents for promotion win all their games not involving each other, then as the OP says, our requirements will depend on Chesterfield’s games against Burton and Fleetwood.

If Chesterfield are undefeated in those games, two wins should do it for us (one could well be enough). If they lose one or both, we would need three wins (two could be enough).

The above is being a bit pessimistic, not wanting to count chickens, etc. To balance this, I believe there are scenarios where we already have enough points for promotion!

York (H), Mansfield (A), Southend (H), Bristol Rovers (A), Cheltenham (H), Newport (A)
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 02:20 - Mar 30 with 3559 viewsDaley_Lama

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 02:06 - Mar 30 by TVOS1907

Remember these teams will be playing for league positions and potential home advantage in the second leg of the play-offs, if that's what suits them.

Failing that, they could always give Flitcroft a game!

Indeed once more.

This thread will be promoted with two games to go.

I hope we are too.

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 04:56 - Mar 30 with 3505 viewsdalian

This post is way too pessimistic. Sod Chesterfield's last two games. Who cares about Chesterfield?! Just enjoy each game as it comes and the best team will prevail (the league table never lies :-) )
We have achieved promotion and even been to Wembley. But we still haven't won anything. Nothing in the old trophy cabinet (have we even got a trophy cabinet??). If Dale haven't been the best footballing side in this division since, well, I can't remember... then, I just don't care any more.
I believe we can win this league. We have the best team ethic, the better players and the right ethos. Sod second and sod third. We can win it!!! Jeez, we're winning without several crucial players through injury or suspension.
Come on Dale..... you can do it!!!
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 12:39 - Mar 30 with 3267 viewsmikehunt

There is an odd stat being thrown up here though and that is we have only won two games against the current top ten sides. What is that telling us?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 12:52 - Mar 30 with 3245 viewstony_roch975

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 12:39 - Mar 30 by mikehunt

There is an odd stat being thrown up here though and that is we have only won two games against the current top ten sides. What is that telling us?

That's true - we're 15th in the Record v Top Half League & 1st in the Record v Bottom Half League. When teams allow us to play we're creative & ruthless - top of the Record when scoring 1st League! Maybe suggests the better teams have found a way to nullify our threats - high pressing game, often with 2 up front so our CBs have less time etc which to some extent was evident yesterday with Henderson & Allen struggling to make their usual impact. Food for thought for Hill etc in the Summer when considering who will need to bring in for next Season in League 1.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 12:52 - Mar 30 with 3243 viewsrobbowood

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 12:39 - Mar 30 by mikehunt

It's telling us exactly what you say - but its results against all the teams that matter and not just the current top ten sides

After 46 games the table will show exactly where each team deserves to be

Scunthorpe have gone an incredible 24 games without defeat but I reckon their fans would prefer to be in our position at the moment rather than theirs
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 14:44 - Mar 30 with 3165 viewsnordenblue

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 12:52 - Mar 30 by robbowood

It's telling us exactly what you say - but its results against all the teams that matter and not just the current top ten sides

After 46 games the table will show exactly where each team deserves to be

Scunthorpe have gone an incredible 24 games without defeat but I reckon their fans would prefer to be in our position at the moment rather than theirs

Chesterfield appear to be struggling in this cup game,2 down already to Posh
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 14:58 - Mar 30 with 3128 viewsDaley_Lama

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 14:44 - Mar 30 by nordenblue

Record v top 10

W2 D7 L7

Record v bottom 14

W20 D1 L3 (10 men v torquay and bury, thunderstorm v wombles, 3-0 defeat at pompey)

Our record against the bottom 14 is remarkably remarkable.

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 15:26 - Mar 30 with 3069 viewsrobbowood

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 14:58 - Mar 30 by Daley_Lama

Record v top 10

W2 D7 L7

Record v bottom 14

W20 D1 L3 (10 men v torquay and bury, thunderstorm v wombles, 3-0 defeat at pompey)

In 2009/10 when we got promoted our record vs the top half was
W 12 L 5 D 5 (the best) and vs the bottom W 13 L 2 D 9 (7th best)

Looking back with the team we had in 2009/10 that we should lose our last three games against Hereford (away 1-2) Burton (home 1-2) and Barnet (away 0-1) beggars belief - hopefully we won't suffer the same drop in form for our last three games this time round !!
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 16:51 - Mar 30 with 2939 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 14:44 - Mar 30 by nordenblue

.......and 4 yellow cards.

Surely some suspensions afoot?

(straws jobby)
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 17:37 - Mar 30 with 2884 viewsmikehunt

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 14:58 - Mar 30 by Daley_Lama

Record v top 10

W2 D7 L7

Record v bottom 14

That is remarkable! So our remaining 6 fixtures only include two in the top ten. Let's hope we maintain this trend.
UP THE DALE

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 18:37 - Mar 30 with 2801 viewsaleanddale

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 17:37 - Mar 30 by mikehunt

That is remarkable! So our remaining 6 fixtures only include two in the top ten. Let's hope we maintain this trend.
UP THE DALE

York and Southend something to play for ( offset that we are at Home )

Mansfield Bristol Rovers Cheltenham and Newport lets hope that they are all mid table with No chance of either Play offs or relegation and they are already dreaming of Marbella and the Beach!!
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 20:41 - Mar 30 with 2665 viewsTalkingSutty

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 18:37 - Mar 30 by aleanddale

York and Southend something to play for ( offset that we are at Home )

Mansfield Bristol Rovers Cheltenham and Newport lets hope that they are all mid table with No chance of either Play offs or relegation and they are already dreaming of Marbella and the Beach!!

Just like Saturdays game against York, i think we play better when our opponents have something to play for themselves.
Yorks defence have forgotten how to concede goals so lets see if the current league leaders have the skill and penetration to tear up the form book.

It isnt a fluke that we have the best home record in league two so something has to give.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024