Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill's weakness? 17:46 - Apr 12 with 7999 viewswimborne_dale

Anyone else getting deja vu?. Same old! It's now mid April and we've stopped scoring goals, well who would have thought it, after looking so good through the winter months? . Now I'm normally very supportive of Keith but why is it that whenever a prize is in sight we implode? 0-3!!!!!!! I'm not just talking about 2010 either though there is an obvious parallel today with Torquay "Top of the League. You're 'avin' a laff" and "Easy Easy". The previous season we were in a good position to secure automatic p when the bubble burst and we ended up in the playoffs with no momentum. Been listening to it on Dale Player. Not much spark, not much sign of a goal coming our way. Some one posted earlier here about "illogical substitutions". Perhaps someone who goes to more games that I could enlighten us.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 17:50]

Edgar Allan's Crow

Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:17 - Apr 15 with 1219 viewsWhiteyBFC

Keith Hill's weakness? on 21:22 - Apr 14 by wimborne_dale

Some people are being accused here of being negative (probably including myself for my OP). So while I admit that I am pessimistic on occasion, we should remember that this is a football message board so if you can't let out your disappointment, frustration and angst here then how sad is that? It isn't disloyal or not being a true fan, it's just giving vent.

So for the record: when Keith Hill was re-appointed 15 months ago I was ecstatic . We knew he was good but I think he has actually exceeded most people's expectations in getting Dale this far, this quickly. We all know well that KH is excellent at signing the right players, building a squad and getting the best out of them. He is definitely the right man for The Dale, no question. What he hasn't been so good at (until now at least) is closing the deal. But perhaps that's yet another string to be added to his bow soon - very soon.
With 4 games to go I feel sure we will get promoted, I'm guessing that 4 more points will probably be enough as even that would leave Fleetwood needing max points to overtake us.

Up The Dale
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 7:21]

My post wasn't directed at yourself so much. I can see the points you were trying to make about Keith's previous end of season runs. I was more bemused by one or two others and what they'd posted.

As you now say, it's online vehicles such as this that are the perfect place to air your opinions, especially ones of a negative flavour. Rather that than airing them at San Spotty on a matchday, eh? But similarly, you're bound to get others replying to you in the manner some have done. Because (and this is my opinion) it's not the time to start questioning anything right now. It's the time to be even more vocal, in an encouraging mindset, to help the lads and Hilly over the line.

However, it's a sign of how good things are right now when the only moan available as a Dale fan is the one about Keith's struggles in getting his team over that line..
Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:26 - Apr 15 with 1197 viewsMoonyDale

Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:17 - Apr 15 by WhiteyBFC

My post wasn't directed at yourself so much. I can see the points you were trying to make about Keith's previous end of season runs. I was more bemused by one or two others and what they'd posted.

As you now say, it's online vehicles such as this that are the perfect place to air your opinions, especially ones of a negative flavour. Rather that than airing them at San Spotty on a matchday, eh? But similarly, you're bound to get others replying to you in the manner some have done. Because (and this is my opinion) it's not the time to start questioning anything right now. It's the time to be even more vocal, in an encouraging mindset, to help the lads and Hilly over the line.

However, it's a sign of how good things are right now when the only moan available as a Dale fan is the one about Keith's struggles in getting his team over that line..

Whitey what are your thought's on your game tonight? has to be the biggest game of Barnsley's season so far...win and I think you just might stay up, lose and it's all over IMO. A few bitten fingernails I would imagine?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:30 - Apr 15 with 1188 viewsalex_roch39

Keith Hill's weakness? on 18:18 - Apr 12 by alma500

They do this every time they are high up in the league they get complacent, lazy and totally loose interest, the players do not deserve the loyal support that the fans give them, in my opinion the players should forfeit part of their wages and give the supporters who turned out discounted tickets for the next match.
The manager should also give them all a short sharp shock, they don't deserve to be called professional football players.
There is no excuse for trying to blame the weather, professional football players should be able to play in any weather conditions,( thought that's what they trained hard for ???) they did going back to the 60's and 70's,
Todays result is no more than disgusting , come on Mr manager buck your players up or get out.

This has to be a wind up. We've lost 3 in 15 games. Most of the fans that moan are the ones that have been watching since the 60's and 70's when apart from one season, we were absolutely dire. Get a grip and support the team, we've had better individuals in the past, but we've never had a collective squad as good as this. We only need to win one game and we are promoted.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:51 - Apr 15 with 1166 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:30 - Apr 15 by alex_roch39

This has to be a wind up. We've lost 3 in 15 games. Most of the fans that moan are the ones that have been watching since the 60's and 70's when apart from one season, we were absolutely dire. Get a grip and support the team, we've had better individuals in the past, but we've never had a collective squad as good as this. We only need to win one game and we are promoted.

alex I think its been established the post is a wind up by a troll,just ignore it mate.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 20:20 - Apr 15 with 1060 viewsfinberty

Keith Hill's weakness? on 21:22 - Apr 14 by wimborne_dale

Some people are being accused here of being negative (probably including myself for my OP). So while I admit that I am pessimistic on occasion, we should remember that this is a football message board so if you can't let out your disappointment, frustration and angst here then how sad is that? It isn't disloyal or not being a true fan, it's just giving vent.

So for the record: when Keith Hill was re-appointed 15 months ago I was ecstatic . We knew he was good but I think he has actually exceeded most people's expectations in getting Dale this far, this quickly. We all know well that KH is excellent at signing the right players, building a squad and getting the best out of them. He is definitely the right man for The Dale, no question. What he hasn't been so good at (until now at least) is closing the deal. But perhaps that's yet another string to be added to his bow soon - very soon.
With 4 games to go I feel sure we will get promoted, I'm guessing that 4 more points will probably be enough as even that would leave Fleetwood needing max points to overtake us.

Up The Dale
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 7:21]

Not good at closing the deal??

Unlike Scunthorpe and Chesterfield you mean??

They've closed no deals either.

Carry on Keith.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 20:33 - Apr 15 with 1048 views49thseason

Dear Alex,
Your veiled accusation of us "older" fans as being "moaners" is one of the saddest posts I have read for quite a while. Yes the teams we have watched have often been dire, but the fact is we learned to laugh out loud at most of it, made firm friends as a result of it and kept paying our money when right-headed people would have given up long ago.

The fact that there is still a club to support is mainly down to a dwindling band of about 1000 supporters who are dying off faster than a younger generation is replacing them.

You probably won't remember but there used to be a collection every matchday to build a new stand, now known as the Sandy Lane End, The tea bars used to be run by the Supporters Club who also established the fighting fund which collected coppers in a blanket walked around the pitch at half time. Occasionally a local garage used to drive new cars in front of the main stand ayt half time in an attempt to impress us (they didn't). Supporters used to paint the ground during the summer, and shovel snow in the winter. Times without number we arrived at Spotland to find the match had been cancelled,sometimes it was too foggy, or too wet or too hard to play, there was no fancy interweb or local radio to let us know it was off and we just had to traipse home again.

So if you think we moan now, just imagine how much we moaned then and think yourself lucky that enough of us put up with it all to get to where we are today.

Enjoy the moment there have been too few of them but next time an old geezer starts to moan just smile and think about what we have been through.

Cheers 49th
Keith Hill's weakness? on 20:47 - Apr 15 with 1030 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith Hill's weakness? on 20:33 - Apr 15 by 49thseason

Dear Alex,
Your veiled accusation of us "older" fans as being "moaners" is one of the saddest posts I have read for quite a while. Yes the teams we have watched have often been dire, but the fact is we learned to laugh out loud at most of it, made firm friends as a result of it and kept paying our money when right-headed people would have given up long ago.

The fact that there is still a club to support is mainly down to a dwindling band of about 1000 supporters who are dying off faster than a younger generation is replacing them.

You probably won't remember but there used to be a collection every matchday to build a new stand, now known as the Sandy Lane End, The tea bars used to be run by the Supporters Club who also established the fighting fund which collected coppers in a blanket walked around the pitch at half time. Occasionally a local garage used to drive new cars in front of the main stand ayt half time in an attempt to impress us (they didn't). Supporters used to paint the ground during the summer, and shovel snow in the winter. Times without number we arrived at Spotland to find the match had been cancelled,sometimes it was too foggy, or too wet or too hard to play, there was no fancy interweb or local radio to let us know it was off and we just had to traipse home again.

So if you think we moan now, just imagine how much we moaned then and think yourself lucky that enough of us put up with it all to get to where we are today.

Enjoy the moment there have been too few of them but next time an old geezer starts to moan just smile and think about what we have been through.

Cheers 49th

Well said, to suggest that the old fans have a monopoly on moaning is just plain wrong. I think its a even distribution encompassing all age ranges.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 20:53 - Apr 15 with 1021 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill's weakness? on 20:47 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

Well said, to suggest that the old fans have a monopoly on moaning is just plain wrong. I think its a even distribution encompassing all age ranges.

It might be an even distribution, but we're better at it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill's weakness? on 10:40 - Apr 16 with 938 viewsregjenkins

Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:17 - Apr 15 by WhiteyBFC

Go Barnsley, you're almost safe!!!!

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Keith Hill's weakness? on 16:33 - Apr 16 with 840 viewspioneer

Keith Hill's weakness? on 20:47 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

To suggest the 'old folks' only ever saw one good season illustrates his ignorance - yes there were a lot of seasons of struggle but there were also some great seasons, albeit sometimes with frustrating endings (as we have seen recently). Has he forgotten we reached the league cup final in 1962- we challenged for promotion to the very end in 1964-5. We led division 3 in 69-70 our first season up - had cup runs and good results against top division teams in 70-71 as well as winning the Lancashire Cup (with non top division teams normally playing first teamers). Led division 3 again in 72-73. OK not successful seasons by Man U standards, but damn good seasons for Rochdale and Dale fans.

And as you may find out in years to come - these good times remain fixed in the memory, not because they were so few, but because they were so enjoyable. The challenge for the younger fans is whether they will all still be around in years to come when we are not being successful, playing great football in the same way these 'old folks' stuck it out through good and bad.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:00 - Apr 16 with 812 viewsSuddenLad

I've read some tripe on here over the years, but this one goes straight into the top 3.

Think about it. You claim the older supporters who (in my case) have watched 5 decades of Dale games are the ones 'doing most of the moaning'.

We are second in the League, more wins than any other teams in our division, 4 games remaining and about 4 points away from being promoted for only the second time in over 35 years. You think we are moaning ?? Bloody hell, this is what we've waited for.

We've got the ideal Chairman, The Messiah in charge of the team and we're heading for the Promised Land again and you seriously think we are moaning ?? Bloody hell we're moaning all right.

It's called an orgasm. We've never had it so good.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:23 - Apr 16 with 782 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:00 - Apr 16 by SuddenLad

I've read some tripe on here over the years, but this one goes straight into the top 3.

Think about it. You claim the older supporters who (in my case) have watched 5 decades of Dale games are the ones 'doing most of the moaning'.

We are second in the League, more wins than any other teams in our division, 4 games remaining and about 4 points away from being promoted for only the second time in over 35 years. You think we are moaning ?? Bloody hell, this is what we've waited for.

We've got the ideal Chairman, The Messiah in charge of the team and we're heading for the Promised Land again and you seriously think we are moaning ?? Bloody hell we're moaning all right.

Orgasms after 5 decades, I take my hat off to you sir
Keith Hill's weakness? on 18:04 - Apr 16 with 746 viewsaleanddale

Keith Hill's weakness? on 17:00 - Apr 16 by SuddenLad

Laugh out loud moment!! Lol for the Kids!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024