Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Kevin Jenkinson 19:45 - Apr 14 with 5982 views100569

It is with deep regret that I notify this forum of the death of Kevin Jenkinson. Kevin will be known mainly I guess to the older members of this forum. Due to health problems he has not been able to attend Dale for a number of years. Those who stand in the Sandy Lane probably may know his wife Bernice and son Carl who can be found at home games stood at the Sandy Lane near to the main stand corner flag. I worked closely with Kevin on the old Supporters Club Committee where he arranged some truly superb Christmas Dinners for us. Kevin was also head gateman on the Wilbutts Lane side until his health dictated otherwise. The family until the last few years were regular home and away fans never missing a game. Kevin you will be greatly missed and I have many fond memories of the times we had together. My deepest sympathies go to Bernice and Carl.
RIP Kevin Jenkinson on 09:54 - Apr 15 with 1423 viewsSuddenLad

RIP Kevin Jenkinson on 23:00 - Apr 14 by roccydaleian

Did Kevin and his family, used to live on Bellshill Crescent on Belfield?

Reservoir Street I think.................top end of Belfield Road.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

RIP Kevin Jenkinson on 12:00 - Apr 15 with 1365 viewsfirgrovedale51

RIP Kevin Jenkinson on 09:54 - Apr 15 by SuddenLad

Reservoir Street I think.................top end of Belfield Road.

Yes that is right Sudden .
RIP Kevin . Thinking of you Bernice and Carl
RIP Kevin Jenkinson on 12:07 - Apr 15 with 1357 viewsTomRAFC

Always sad when a dale fan passes.

Deepest condolences to his family.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

RIP Kevin Jenkinson on 14:06 - Apr 15 with 1293 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I'm sure I recall (maybe on more than one occasion) in the past, Bernice getting in the middle of Carl and Kevin when they really fell out about players/incidents/Dale related stuff.

Passion unrivalled. Lovely chap, sad to see him go.
RIP Kevin Jenkinson on 14:24 - Apr 15 with 1280 viewsSuddenLad

RIP Kevin Jenkinson on 14:06 - Apr 15 by Albert_Whitehurst

I'm sure I recall (maybe on more than one occasion) in the past, Bernice getting in the middle of Carl and Kevin when they really fell out about players/incidents/Dale related stuff.

Passion unrivalled. Lovely chap, sad to see him go.

There were times in days gone by when they were more entertaining than the fare on offer ! Plenty of times they debated all things Dale, but "agreed to disagree" over a few beers and a stern look from Bernice. Never a dull moment in their company when dale was the topic of discussion.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

RIP Kevin Jenkinson on 21:40 - Apr 15 with 1182 viewsblackpoolcol

my deepest condolances to Bernice and Carl. Had some good chats and laughs with Kevin when I worked at the club, top bloke. RIP Kevin

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

RIP Kevin Jenkinson on 22:42 - Apr 16 with 1070 viewsR17ALE

Kevin hit the humour jackpot in a pre-season game away at somewhere like Bangor. We'd already signed Neil Briscoe 12 months earlier, but injuries meant he'd barely played for us.

As was his want, Kevin scoured the bench and un-used players in the stands, and on seeing Briscoe said, "Oh. Are you one of the new ones?" completely unaware that he'd been at the club for 12 months already!

Briscoe was stuck for words, whilst the players in earshot were pissing themselves!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024