Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Negativity? 13:46 - Apr 15 with 2415 viewsVespaDale

At the start of the season, with 4 games to go we were offered second spot, best home record, one of highest scorers, some cracking youngsters coming through, and P almost guaranteed with games to spare, we would have laughed... Its happening and we still moan. We've dished out a lot more 3-0 hammerings than we've taken so stop whinging and get behind the lads Friday!!!

Daaaaaaaayyyyyuuuuuuul...
Why Negativity? on 13:50 - Apr 15 with 2396 viewsjudd

But just think how much better it would be if you could fetch fish and chips into the ground.

Tsk.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Why Negativity? on 13:51 - Apr 15 with 2395 viewsD_Alien

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Why Negativity? on 14:04 - Apr 15 with 2356 viewsTalkingSutty

Why Negativity? on 13:51 - Apr 15 by D_Alien

I must have missed something, I don't see much negativity. The Mansfield game was discussed and lest face it the performance wasn't up to our usual standards for a number of reasons. I think fans have a right to voice their opinions rightly or wrongly that's the point of forums.

I haven't seen any threads since the end of the Mansfield game (weekend) indicating any negativity most of them are urging everybody to get behind the team on Friday and there`s a general acceptance that the team will have the odd bad day at the office from time to time.

Our form over the last dozen games as been very good in general and I expect us to continue like that over the remaining fixtures. You don't get to being second in the league with four games left by not being a pretty good side.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Why Negativity? on 14:06 - Apr 15 with 2349 viewsMoonyDale

Personally I will be in party mood on Friday, we are at home on a proper football pitch where we can play our normal fluent game. Am sure that every man on that pitch will be smarting from the loss at Mansfield and I expect one hell of a reaction. I am hoping to go home afterwards with no voice and sore hands from all the shouting and applause dished out to the lads......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Why Negativity? on 14:10 - Apr 15 with 2339 viewsTalkingSutty

Why Negativity? on 14:06 - Apr 15 by MoonyDale

Personally I will be in party mood on Friday, we are at home on a proper football pitch where we can play our normal fluent game. Am sure that every man on that pitch will be smarting from the loss at Mansfield and I expect one hell of a reaction. I am hoping to go home afterwards with no voice and sore hands from all the shouting and applause dished out to the lads......

That's the spirit, if we do win on Friday I think we are more or less there. Get Southend on the back foot from the off with fast slick passing and plenty of movement, don't let them settle into the game and set their stall out.
Why Negativity? on 14:22 - Apr 15 with 2309 viewsD_Alien

Why Negativity? on 14:06 - Apr 15 by MoonyDale

Great post MD and you're dead right the lads will be smarting from the loss at Mansfield - they'll be covered in bruises, including eye sockets

With the prizes at stake, I doubt they'll be noticed once the game kicks off on Friday

Why Negativity? on 14:57 - Apr 15 with 2258 viewsTVOS1907

I don't get the OP; who's whingeing?

A very tiny number of posters have expressed concern and worry over the poor performance at Mansfield, but in the main this board has remained positive and looking forward to the Easter fixtures.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 15:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Why Negativity? on 16:35 - Apr 15 with 2186 viewsFrog

No negativity here, when we got relegated and then had to endure the Coleman era I never thought for one minute we'd be in this position for the foreseeable future. We got lucky in the fact that Hilly got the push from Barnsley otherwise who knows where we might be?

Every team has to accept unexpected results which Saturday definitely was, onwards and upwards......................
Login to get fewer ads

Why Negativity? on 17:09 - Apr 15 with 2124 viewspioneer

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on Friday either. Our only two promotions were marked by poor results on Good Friday I think. It didn't stop us then and there is no reason why it should stop us now.

Of course it would be nice to buck the trend . . . .
Why Negativity? on 19:49 - Apr 15 with 1985 viewsTVOS1907

Why Negativity? on 17:09 - Apr 15 by pioneer

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on Friday either. Our only two promotions were marked by poor results on Good Friday I think. It didn't stop us then and there is no reason why it should stop us now.

Of course it would be nice to buck the trend . . . .

We didn't play on Good Friday in 2010, but did lose 2-0 at Chesterfield on Easter Saturday, before drawing 0-0 with Bournemouth on Easter Monday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Why Negativity? on 20:44 - Apr 15 with 1919 viewsD_Alien

Why Negativity? on 19:49 - Apr 15 by TVOS1907

We didn't play on Good Friday in 2010, but did lose 2-0 at Chesterfield on Easter Saturday, before drawing 0-0 with Bournemouth on Easter Monday.

The last two promotion seasons have been 0-0 bore draws

We drew 0-0 with eventual champions Doncaster Rovers in 1969, a real non-event in front of the first 10000+ gate I'd ever seen at Spotland

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024