Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are you feeling ?? 14:37 - Apr 15 with 6076 viewsTalkingSutty

All our lives we have dreamed of this sort of scenario, a nice points cushion going into the last 4 fixtures not only looking at promotion but also with a great chance of being league champions and doing a lap of honour with that trophy.

So, now the reality is actually here how is everybody feeling ? Personally, I have a mixture of excitement and nervousness and keep alternating between the two emotions. The nearer the next fixture approaches the better I feel but after the game I start to feel nervous again and wish the next fixture could come sooner.

One things for sure if we do clinch promotion or god forbid win the darn thing then I think I will explode. I just feel like drinking a load of beer !!

Does anybody else have similar symptoms?

This post has been edited by an administrator
How are you feeling ?? on 13:23 - Apr 16 with 2232 viewsToffeemanc

How are you feeling ?? on 22:45 - Apr 15 by SuddenLad

Just about anything is preferable to Oasis and some of the Manc garbage churned out week after week.

Bob Marley would be fine by me. How about something appropriate

Satisfy My Soul

Positive Vibration

Sun is Shining

Get Up, Stand Up

Or Maybe we could have

One Love / People get ready (for P)

as long as were not left " Waitng in Vain"

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

How are you feeling ?? on 17:21 - Apr 16 with 2127 viewsboromat

How are you feeling ?? on 22:45 - Apr 15 by SuddenLad

Just about anything is preferable to Oasis and some of the Manc garbage churned out week after week.

Bob Marley would be fine by me. How about something appropriate

Satisfy My Soul

Positive Vibration

Sun is Shining

Get Up, Stand Up

Waiting in vain? :-/

Poll: What are we more excited for?

How are you feeling ?? on 05:54 - Apr 23 with 1979 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 17:21 - Apr 16 by boromat

Waiting in vain? :-/

Feeling any better? I think i am a bit more confident now because i reckon Fleetwood need at least 4 points from 2 games even if we cock up.

This happened last time.... waking up in the middle of the night thinking about the different scenarios. I dont sleep at the best of times but i cant wait until this promotion malarky is sorted out, with a bit of luck this Saturday.

When it comes to defeats like the Southend game i find having plenty of red wine finished off with a couple of brandy schniffters takes away some of the pain. How does everybody else cope or doesnt it really affect you in anyway?
How are you feeling ?? on 10:49 - Apr 23 with 1830 viewsD_Alien

How are you feeling ?? on 05:54 - Apr 23 by TalkingSutty

Feeling any better? I think i am a bit more confident now because i reckon Fleetwood need at least 4 points from 2 games even if we cock up.

This happened last time.... waking up in the middle of the night thinking about the different scenarios. I dont sleep at the best of times but i cant wait until this promotion malarky is sorted out, with a bit of luck this Saturday.

When it comes to defeats like the Southend game i find having plenty of red wine finished off with a couple of brandy schniffters takes away some of the pain. How does everybody else cope or doesnt it really affect you in anyway?

There's no doubt about it... coming on here for a bloody good moan helps!

Plus a few beverages

That's why those who complain about so-called "negativity" in a post-match scenario like Southend couldn't be more wrong. It's nothing of the sort - simply a way of letting off steam so we're ready to go again c. Col

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How are you feeling ?? on 11:09 - Apr 23 with 1795 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 10:49 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

There's no doubt about it... coming on here for a bloody good moan helps!

Plus a few beverages

That's why those who complain about so-called "negativity" in a post-match scenario like Southend couldn't be more wrong. It's nothing of the sort - simply a way of letting off steam so we're ready to go again c. Col

Agree, somebody suggested we shouldnt post negative criticism of the players or the manager because they might read it on the forum, i nearly spat my brew out when i saw that.

They get praised when they perform well and after two 3-0 defeats its suggested nothing negative should be discussed regarding individual performances. Its no bloody wonder a lot of footballers act like they do when fans are constantly blowing smoke up their ar*ses.

Its a fans forum warts and all and if the truth hurts and they cant handle criticism then they shouldnt read it. Or just read it after good performances which to be fair have been in the majority since Hilly took over.
How are you feeling ?? on 11:27 - Apr 23 with 1760 viewsMoonyDale

To the original question my answer on Monday night would have been "Calmer and a lot happier" Now am back to nervous as hell....It's the Rochdale way to make us sweat and I just want the bloody season to be over quickly.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

How are you feeling ?? on 12:08 - Apr 23 with 1709 views100notout

How are you feeling ?? on 11:27 - Apr 23 by MoonyDale

To the original question my answer on Monday night would have been "Calmer and a lot happier" Now am back to nervous as hell....It's the Rochdale way to make us sweat and I just want the bloody season to be over quickly.

Its a good job we have the world cup to keep us occupied over the summer.

Whatever happens in the next 2 games its going to be a bloody long time till the start of next season

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

How are you feeling ?? on 12:59 - Apr 23 with 1663 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 12:08 - Apr 23 by 100notout

Its a good job we have the world cup to keep us occupied over the summer.

Whatever happens in the next 2 games its going to be a bloody long time till the start of next season

I think the close season will fly. There will probably be a week after the Champions league final before pre-world cup friendlies start, then its straight through to the final on July 13th. By that time we will probably be starting our pre-season friendlies. If you like your football it seems that there will be no rest this summer.
Login to get fewer ads

How are you feeling ?? on 22:11 - Apr 23 with 1514 viewsmacro

How are you feeling ?? on 12:59 - Apr 23 by TalkingSutty

I think the close season will fly. There will probably be a week after the Champions league final before pre-world cup friendlies start, then its straight through to the final on July 13th. By that time we will probably be starting our pre-season friendlies. If you like your football it seems that there will be no rest this summer.

Perfect
How are you feeling ?? on 06:52 - Apr 24 with 1423 viewsaleanddale

I agree with Moony Dale

I was a lot calmer and happier at 3pm Monday - happier still when Fleetwood had Goodall sent off!!

Then they squeeked a 1-0 win - put another 3 points on the board and i am back to feeling a mixture of excited, slightly nervous more aprehensive!!.

We will look back and maybe we have enough points already.

The situation we find ourselves in MIGHT serve us well. Imagine being an over confident Scunthorpe fan - Not lost in what seems like 1000 games, top of the league flying!! lose your last 2 and finish 4th!!!!

Ready for Saturday now!! Bring it ON!!!!!
How are you feeling ?? on 09:58 - Apr 25 with 1275 viewspaulscho

Was feeling pretty excited last Thursday ,and never actually could see the drubbing happening ,Monday kind of got me back in a positive excited frame of mind ,but as the week has progressed my nervous tension is out of control .Lets bring it on and get the job done .
I just actually hope the Orange Tango man takes Southend up to Fleetwood with the same intent he turned up with last Friday at Spotland ,because if so I think Fleetwood could be in for a hard afternoon ....They look good value to me for a little bet ...away win along with Portsmouth away at Bury .....
All roads to Newport !!!

livinginadalewonderland

How are you feeling ?? on 10:09 - Apr 25 with 1265 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 09:58 - Apr 25 by paulscho

Was feeling pretty excited last Thursday ,and never actually could see the drubbing happening ,Monday kind of got me back in a positive excited frame of mind ,but as the week has progressed my nervous tension is out of control .Lets bring it on and get the job done .
I just actually hope the Orange Tango man takes Southend up to Fleetwood with the same intent he turned up with last Friday at Spotland ,because if so I think Fleetwood could be in for a hard afternoon ....They look good value to me for a little bet ...away win along with Portsmouth away at Bury .....
All roads to Newport !!!

Can you imagine if tomorrows game was just a mid table dead rubber there would be no nerves or no excitement and probably a crowd of under 2000. Its more excitement than nerves for me and I just look at our squad and management and know we have the character, class and bottle to get the right result, Bristol Rovers proved that.

We can do this on our own merit and don't need help off anybody, we would take it though. I cant believe that Cheltenham will be putting their bodies on the line tomorrow and why would they have a greater desire to win the game? If we start right and defend properly then the result should look after itself, lets get stuck into them.
How are you feeling ?? on 10:16 - Apr 25 with 1259 viewspaulscho

I just want it to be three o clock ,and I want to be sat in a frenzy of noise ,I want every man ,women and child to feel the passion and sing there hearts out ...lets turn up the volume and let the boys know we are the 12th man ....Nervous support brings negative energy ,Passion will bring more passion and effort ....Up The Mighty Dale !!

livinginadalewonderland

How are you feeling ?? on 10:23 - Apr 25 with 1251 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 10:16 - Apr 25 by paulscho

I just want it to be three o clock ,and I want to be sat in a frenzy of noise ,I want every man ,women and child to feel the passion and sing there hearts out ...lets turn up the volume and let the boys know we are the 12th man ....Nervous support brings negative energy ,Passion will bring more passion and effort ....Up The Mighty Dale !!

These football matches are the ones that we live for. How many games have we had in the last 40 odd years were the result was likely to end in promotion or near as damn it?

That spans nearly a life time following the team and I bet there hasn't been many (Help us out TVOS).
How are you feeling ?? on 13:34 - Apr 25 with 1172 viewsMoonyDale

How are you feeling ?? on 10:23 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

These football matches are the ones that we live for. How many games have we had in the last 40 odd years were the result was likely to end in promotion or near as damn it?

That spans nearly a life time following the team and I bet there hasn't been many (Help us out TVOS).

Ts I woke at 5 this morning and spent the next 2 hours on the crapper (too much info am sure) Then the sickly feeling in my stomach started and am sat here swigging Pepto sodding Bismol for stomach trouble. Am blaming it on the Dale and not on any dodgy curry I had yesterday.......I am hoping a Sandy Lane pie will sort it out tomorrow, if not you may witness some poor soul in the home end getting a spraying of the remaining contents of my tummy.........

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

How are you feeling ?? on 13:43 - Apr 25 with 1135 viewsfitzochris

How are you feeling ?? on 10:23 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

Bang on. Before Hilly took the hot seat first time round, games like tomorrow rarely happened. In fact, Plymouth away is the first game I remember with something really riding on it... and even then that was a mere play-off spot, so success-starved had we been in those years prior to Parkin.

Unfortunately, the games with things riding on them that we were used to being involved in tended to be at the other end of the table.

[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 14:00]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

How are you feeling ?? on 13:45 - Apr 25 with 1124 viewsjudd

How are you feeling ?? on 13:34 - Apr 25 by MoonyDale

Ts I woke at 5 this morning and spent the next 2 hours on the crapper (too much info am sure) Then the sickly feeling in my stomach started and am sat here swigging Pepto sodding Bismol for stomach trouble. Am blaming it on the Dale and not on any dodgy curry I had yesterday.......I am hoping a Sandy Lane pie will sort it out tomorrow, if not you may witness some poor soul in the home end getting a spraying of the remaining contents of my tummy.........

I remember writing something similar on the morning of the Darlo play off away leg.

I going to buy some shares in Andrex.

Poll: What is it to be then?

How are you feeling ?? on 13:50 - Apr 25 with 1110 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 13:34 - Apr 25 by MoonyDale

Just about to go into Nandos in Mcr for my dinner, thanks for that, ha ha. One of the funniest posts i have seen, well done.

I intend having a skinfull this afternoon to take my mind off the game, no matter what i think this cud be my favourite ever season.

Tomorrow its the game and then a Littleborough High School reunion at night ( we are all 50yrs old ). I can see it ending up very messy if we get the right result, raring to go!!
How are you feeling ?? on 10:52 - Apr 26 with 950 viewsaleanddale

How are you feeling ?? on 13:50 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

Just about to go into Nandos in Mcr for my dinner, thanks for that, ha ha. One of the funniest posts i have seen, well done.

I intend having a skinfull this afternoon to take my mind off the game, no matter what i think this cud be my favourite ever season.

Tomorrow its the game and then a Littleborough High School reunion at night ( we are all 50yrs old ). I can see it ending up very messy if we get the right result, raring to go!!

ready now!!!!

Enjoy the day folks!!!!!!

Hopeful we have plenty to chat about come 5pm!!!!!
How are you feeling ?? on 10:59 - Apr 26 with 930 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 10:52 - Apr 26 by aleanddale

ready now!!!!

Enjoy the day folks!!!!!!

Hopeful we have plenty to chat about come 5pm!!!!!

Hope ur right and if it doesn't work out we still have the Newport game to look forward too or maybe the tension of watching the Chesterfield result tomorrow. Exciting times.
How are you feeling ?? on 11:03 - Apr 26 with 921 viewsdale1968

Stomachs in Knots....

Really hope the Lads do the business today.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

How are you feeling ?? on 11:27 - Apr 26 with 884 viewsTomRAFC

I have been nervous as owt. The only thing worse that being at the Bristol game was not being there and I have hardly calmed down since.

Got a few pints of mild in Spotland club last night to welcome me back to Lancashire and will be doing the same before the game.

I have a horrible feeling we will win the game but not go up today.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

How are you feeling ?? on 12:33 - Apr 26 with 835 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 11:27 - Apr 26 by TomRAFC

I have been nervous as owt. The only thing worse that being at the Bristol game was not being there and I have hardly calmed down since.

Got a few pints of mild in Spotland club last night to welcome me back to Lancashire and will be doing the same before the game.

I have a horrible feeling we will win the game but not go up today.

As long as Fleetwood dont reduce the goal difference by many i would take that.Obviously sorting everything out today would be ace.
How are you feeling ?? on 13:42 - Apr 26 with 783 viewsShun

No nerves, just excitement.
How are you feeling ?? on 13:56 - Apr 27 with 701 viewsaleanddale

Delighted

dazed

hungover!!!!

Up the Dale!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024