Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are you feeling ?? 14:37 - Apr 15 with 6105 viewsTalkingSutty

All our lives we have dreamed of this sort of scenario, a nice points cushion going into the last 4 fixtures not only looking at promotion but also with a great chance of being league champions and doing a lap of honour with that trophy.

So, now the reality is actually here how is everybody feeling ? Personally, I have a mixture of excitement and nervousness and keep alternating between the two emotions. The nearer the next fixture approaches the better I feel but after the game I start to feel nervous again and wish the next fixture could come sooner.

One things for sure if we do clinch promotion or god forbid win the darn thing then I think I will explode. I just feel like drinking a load of beer !!

Does anybody else have similar symptoms?

This post has been edited by an administrator
How are you feeling ?? on 14:40 - Apr 15 with 3316 viewsjudd

I'd like to see us put the play-off scenario behind us before we start to look at the bigger prizes.

Then a geet fookin piss up.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 14:41]

Poll: What is it to be then?

How are you feeling ?? on 14:47 - Apr 15 with 3297 viewsDaley_Lama

Far less nervous/apprehensive than last time to be honest.

I think the whole "never having seen my team promoted" emotion was far stronger than any desire to see us win the title this time round.

In that respect therefore, I'm with judd on this. I'd take a Fleetwood/Burton double defeat over a Scunny/Chezzy one this Friday.

Poll: DF in or out

How are you feeling ?? on 14:58 - Apr 15 with 3264 viewsD_Alien

The thing that strikes me is how few parallels there are with the scenario in 2010

Then, we were way ahead of the pack and got caught, napping almost! Certainly after promotion was secured there was too long to contemplate our league position.

This time round I'm a bit more relaxed about it. I was more annoyed after the Mansfield game than concerned - annoyed about the pitch, the ref, the bookings - but it never entered my head that it'd cause us to lose our impetus.

So I'm just looking forward to a really good afternoon at Spotland on Friday, and an enjoyable trip to Bristol (I'm staying down that way for a few days over Easter). If it goes to the absolute wire then so be it. These are the Dale days of our lives.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How are you feeling ?? on 15:02 - Apr 15 with 3249 viewsSaxonDale

I'm calm about everything. I firmly believe we've got enough left to push us over the finish line and I feel we deserve to be where we are. The title would be a great bonus but if we finish 3rd I'll still be over the moon.

Maybe I would have felt differently about it all had we not gone through Coleman's reign but second time round under Hilly I've learnt just to appreciate how good we've got it.
How are you feeling ?? on 15:11 - Apr 15 with 3235 viewsColDale

Problem is we're doing it too easily.

Promotion is meant to be done in a way where if results go the right way on the last game of the season, and the Moon aligns with Saturn, then it might just happen. It's not meant to be done with games to spare, where people get picky over which game they want promotion to be achieved in.

Said all along, priorities for me for this season was:
1) Enjoying watching us play
2) Play Offs
3) Automatic Promotion.

I'd snap your hand off at the title now, but this season arguably already eclipses anything Hilly did first time round.
How are you feeling ?? on 15:50 - Apr 15 with 3150 viewsjudd

How are you feeling ?? on 15:11 - Apr 15 by ColDale

Problem is we're doing it too easily.

Promotion is meant to be done in a way where if results go the right way on the last game of the season, and the Moon aligns with Saturn, then it might just happen. It's not meant to be done with games to spare, where people get picky over which game they want promotion to be achieved in.

Said all along, priorities for me for this season was:
1) Enjoying watching us play
2) Play Offs
3) Automatic Promotion.

I'd snap your hand off at the title now, but this season arguably already eclipses anything Hilly did first time round.

When we did achieve promotion I remember speaking to Pinky admin and we both thought reaching Wembley had actually felt better.

What a bunch of weird fookers we really are.

Poll: What is it to be then?

How are you feeling ?? on 16:29 - Apr 15 with 3083 viewsFrog

How are you feeling ?? on 15:50 - Apr 15 by judd

When we did achieve promotion I remember speaking to Pinky admin and we both thought reaching Wembley had actually felt better.

Talk about stating the obvious..............
How are you feeling ?? on 16:41 - Apr 15 with 3062 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 15:50 - Apr 15 by judd

Promotion was the ultimate for me although there were a few false dawns. Watching everybody congregating behind the TDS goal in preparation for the pitch invasion and then going down into the town after the game, the hoardes of fans outside the Cemetery celebrating the win. The promotion party in the Sun Hotel etc etc and then the post on the forum the morning after "Wont you buy this beautiful morning" sung by that Jack Lester kid or whatever his name was. Happy memories !!
Login to get fewer ads

How are you feeling ?? on 16:53 - Apr 15 with 3020 viewsMoonyDale

Feeling more settled as the game approaches, the time between matches is truly awful at the moment, but the nearer Friday comes the better I feel. Come the day it will be full steam support of the lads followed by a huge bout of celebrating if we win.....Then onto BR on Monday and home to Chelts the following Saturday when I fully expect to be celebrating going up.....3 games in 9 days......Bring it on...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

How are you feeling ? on 18:59 - Apr 15 with 2885 viewsSalwaDale

Strangely calm this time round. We're performing so far above what I expected and I'm enjoying watching us again. Whether we go up or not - what will be, will be.

TBBT

How are you feeling ?? on 19:41 - Apr 15 with 2792 viewsBigKindo

Am I correct in thinking that if the F.G's grant us a win on Friday , Fleetwood lose and Burton don't win, goal difference might see us achieve the unmentionable by only needing 1 point. Any chance somebody can have the tannoy announce other results before we depart the ground?
How are you feeling ?? on 19:43 - Apr 15 with 2785 viewsfrenzied

very calm

we should take a leaf out of the liverpool fans book who have been chanting "were gonna win the league" for at least the last 6 games or so..this creates a fantastic effect onto the pitch ..it doesnt matter if they dont end up winning it ..they have done everything they can to spur the team on..no point in being quiet and nervous this then transmits to the players who do the same !!!

so we ae going up we are going up!!!!!!!!
How are you feeling ?? on 20:12 - Apr 15 with 2716 viewsfinberty

How are you feeling ?? on 16:41 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

Promotion was the ultimate for me although there were a few false dawns. Watching everybody congregating behind the TDS goal in preparation for the pitch invasion and then going down into the town after the game, the hoardes of fans outside the Cemetery celebrating the win. The promotion party in the Sun Hotel etc etc and then the post on the forum the morning after "Wont you buy this beautiful morning" sung by that Jack Lester kid or whatever his name was. Happy memories !!

Mark Lester - Oliver Twist. Sang the song 'Who Will Buy?'
Jack Wild - Artful Dodger. Didn't.

Jack Lester - annoying veteran striker.
How are you feeling ?? on 20:36 - Apr 15 with 2662 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 20:12 - Apr 15 by finberty

Mark Lester - Oliver Twist. Sang the song 'Who Will Buy?'
Jack Wild - Artful Dodger. Didn't.

Jack Lester - annoying veteran striker.

Cheers, very talented family the Lesters obviously.
How are you feeling ?? on 20:42 - Apr 15 with 2645 viewsTVOS1907

How are you feeling ?? on 20:36 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

Cheers, very talented family the Lesters obviously.

Even Piggott!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

How are you feeling ?? on 20:47 - Apr 15 with 2634 views49thseason

To be honest TS I am very apprehensive about being P'ed, I like being top of L2 much more than being bottom of L1. I hate L1 teams bringing loads of fans, it buggers up the local parking and makes my matchday routine anything but.

I'm not sure my nerves will stand the pace of L1 football, everyone else seems so much more "grown up" than our teams, they all seem to have players you have heard of, never a good sign in my book, if they bring a kid on he is usually the next "wonderkid" and usually scores.

I also have to get used to looking out for teams I am not accustomed to worrying about - its like homework again and you just know that everyone expects to beat you just like the bad old days of the 1980s - my worry will always be that they probably will.

And then I remember the first season Keith took us up and think "we will be fine - change is good" But then again... what time will I need to set off if Coventry visit?.... Its a worry.

Still cart before horse and all that - lets win a couple more games and then the worrying can really start.
How are you feeling ?? on 20:51 - Apr 15 with 2630 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 20:42 - Apr 15 by TVOS1907

Even Piggott!

True, struggled with his tax returns though.
How are you feeling ?? on 21:00 - Apr 15 with 2603 viewsD_Alien

How are you feeling ?? on 20:47 - Apr 15 by 49thseason

To be honest TS I am very apprehensive about being P'ed, I like being top of L2 much more than being bottom of L1. I hate L1 teams bringing loads of fans, it buggers up the local parking and makes my matchday routine anything but.

I'm not sure my nerves will stand the pace of L1 football, everyone else seems so much more "grown up" than our teams, they all seem to have players you have heard of, never a good sign in my book, if they bring a kid on he is usually the next "wonderkid" and usually scores.

I also have to get used to looking out for teams I am not accustomed to worrying about - its like homework again and you just know that everyone expects to beat you just like the bad old days of the 1980s - my worry will always be that they probably will.

And then I remember the first season Keith took us up and think "we will be fine - change is good" But then again... what time will I need to set off if Coventry visit?.... Its a worry.

Still cart before horse and all that - lets win a couple more games and then the worrying can really start.

Know exactly what you mean 49th!

The pace in L1 seems relentless, and any weakness gets exploited by players who might easily have premiership experience

But if that's where we're playing come August, KH has experience now and he's probably at least a year ahead in squad-building than he thought he'd be - it's frightening to think how good we might become!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How are you feeling ?? on 21:03 - Apr 15 with 2597 viewsTalkingSutty

How are you feeling ?? on 20:47 - Apr 15 by 49thseason

Your first paragraph is very relevant though. I happen to think there is quite a gulf between league one and two and this year we have been spoilt with more victories than any other team in the league.We are used to watching a winning team.

If we manage to get promoted i wouldnt like to see us struggling every game but the ace up our sleeve is having Hilly in charge, he will know whats required to make us competative.

I would still take a season of struggle in a higher division though rather than stagnating in this league.
How are you feeling ?? on 21:10 - Apr 15 with 2571 viewssandylaner1

How are you feeling ?? on 21:12 - Apr 15 with 2569 viewssandylaner1

How am I feeling?

Calm and Ready

KHBA
How are you feeling ?? on 21:59 - Apr 15 with 2498 viewsSaxonDale

To quote TTN on another thread,

'Time for a doobie and some Bob Marley... Everything's gonna be fine.'

Bob Marley day on Friday?
How are you feeling ?? on 22:19 - Apr 15 with 2466 viewsJimmyRustler

I just want the season to be over now tbh and us to be up. I can't do with the waiting..
How are you feeling ?? on 22:36 - Apr 15 with 2444 viewsdingdangblue

Promotion will be great, if and when it happens, I think deep down we all know that we are not going to win the title though - it just doesn't happen to us. Looking forward to the last 4 games and not at all nervous - got a feeling nothing is going to be sorted till the Cheltenham game though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

How are you feeling ?? on 22:45 - Apr 15 with 2431 viewsSuddenLad

How are you feeling ?? on 21:59 - Apr 15 by SaxonDale

To quote TTN on another thread,

'Time for a doobie and some Bob Marley... Everything's gonna be fine.'

Bob Marley day on Friday?

Just about anything is preferable to Oasis and some of the Manc garbage churned out week after week.

Bob Marley would be fine by me. How about something appropriate

Satisfy My Soul

Positive Vibration

Sun is Shining

Get Up, Stand Up

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024