Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Rose 15:59 - Apr 18 with 5710 viewssweetcorn

I've once stated that michael rose isnt a centre midfielder as long as I have a hole in my arse.

I now realise I made a real mistake and apologise for the comment. michael rose isnt a professional footballer as long as I have a hole in my arse.

That is all.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 16:00]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Michael Rose on 17:31 - Apr 18 with 4415 viewsD_Alien

tbf sweetcorn, although you're 100% right about Rose not being a midfielder, he doesn't select himself to play in that position

He wasn't the only one "found out" today, Done also proved he's not a fullback

Donnelly proved he's not of football league standard

Bunney proved he's got promise, but in the hard world of battling for ascendency, he's still very much a lightweight

Sad, but true

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Michael Rose on 17:35 - Apr 18 with 4400 viewssince58

Should have took their player out before the second goal
Michael Rose on 18:02 - Apr 18 with 4277 viewsolympicdale

Michael Rose on 17:31 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

tbf sweetcorn, although you're 100% right about Rose not being a midfielder, he doesn't select himself to play in that position

He wasn't the only one "found out" today, Done also proved he's not a fullback

Donnelly proved he's not of football league standard

Bunney proved he's got promise, but in the hard world of battling for ascendency, he's still very much a lightweight

Sad, but true

square pegs, round holes

It is clear that Bunney and Rose are two of Hills favourites, but its proving detrimental to the team at the moment, and to their own confidence.

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose on 18:04 - Apr 18 with 4255 viewsTVOS1907

Michael Rose on 18:02 - Apr 18 by olympicdale

square pegs, round holes

It is clear that Bunney and Rose are two of Hills favourites, but its proving detrimental to the team at the moment, and to their own confidence.

Bunney has started only seven games all season.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Michael Rose on 18:10 - Apr 18 with 4210 viewsRAFCBLUE

Shamlessly robbed from Soccerbase:

All games with Michael Rose in the side this season:
P44 W24 D7 L13
(3 wins and 1 loss engaged in cup competitions)
Points contributed: 70
Points we have: 75

Make of that lot what you will. Doesn't look the most comfortable in centre mid but the stats say he's contributed!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Michael Rose on 18:12 - Apr 18 with 4192 viewsolympicdale

Michael Rose on 18:04 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

Bunney has started only seven games all season.

I know he hasn't started many, but this is the most important stage of the season, and I dont think he's up to it, for his size he struggled to time his jumps, opting to try and control it rather than head it back into play.

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose on 18:17 - Apr 18 with 4150 viewshxdale

WE seem unbalanced when Rose plays, seems to get in the way of Done.. midfield Cav, Lund Allen
Michael Rose on 18:22 - Apr 18 with 4115 viewsBartRowou

If Coleman was still here, there'd be a 5 page thread about what a dirty, petulant player Done is.

Don't normally do tactics but stick him up top somewhere on Monday and put Rose in at left-back where he bears more than a passing resemblance to a footballer.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Rose on 18:28 - Apr 18 with 4079 viewsolympicdale

Michael Rose on 18:22 - Apr 18 by BartRowou

If Coleman was still here, there'd be a 5 page thread about what a dirty, petulant player Done is.

Don't normally do tactics but stick him up top somewhere on Monday and put Rose in at left-back where he bears more than a passing resemblance to a footballer.

I wonder if Done is done at full back, he seems constantly out of position, picking up needless bookings, and his mistake today was just criminal,and set the tone for the day.

He needs to be in the starting 11, because he can be a game changer higher up the pitch, but proving a small liability in a position that, again, is not his best.

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose on 18:30 - Apr 18 with 4060 viewsAtThePeake

Hate to say I told you so.

Tangled up in blue.

Michael Rose on 18:31 - Apr 18 with 4055 viewshxdale

Michael Rose on 18:28 - Apr 18 by olympicdale

I wonder if Done is done at full back, he seems constantly out of position, picking up needless bookings, and his mistake today was just criminal,and set the tone for the day.

He needs to be in the starting 11, because he can be a game changer higher up the pitch, but proving a small liability in a position that, again, is not his best.

its worked all season tho he has had some great games, and superb runs down the left, all seems to have dried up...Really don't know what the answer is... without swapping and changing players positions....
Michael Rose on 18:36 - Apr 18 with 4027 viewssandylaner1

presuming hulk is out my team for bristol would be

lillis
bennett lancashire o'connell rose
done lund cav allen henderson
vincenti

need dones creativity and rose nowhere near midfield
Michael Rose on 18:38 - Apr 18 with 4004 viewsAtThePeake

Michael Rose on 18:36 - Apr 18 by sandylaner1

presuming hulk is out my team for bristol would be

lillis
bennett lancashire o'connell rose
done lund cav allen henderson
vincenti

need dones creativity and rose nowhere near midfield

False 9? Continental.

Tangled up in blue.

Michael Rose on 18:40 - Apr 18 with 3983 views442Dale

Michael Rose on 18:38 - Apr 18 by AtThePeake

False 9? Continental.

There's a joke there somewhere....

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Michael Rose on 18:43 - Apr 18 with 3958 viewssandylaner1

Michael Rose on 18:38 - Apr 18 by AtThePeake

False 9? Continental.

we were playing a false 9 today?

^^^ wizard
[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 18:43]
Michael Rose on 18:43 - Apr 18 with 3955 viewsDale_Mike

Michael Rose on 18:10 - Apr 18 by RAFCBLUE

Shamlessly robbed from Soccerbase:

All games with Michael Rose in the side this season:
P44 W24 D7 L13
(3 wins and 1 loss engaged in cup competitions)
Points contributed: 70
Points we have: 75

Make of that lot what you will. Doesn't look the most comfortable in centre mid but the stats say he's contributed!

You can chuck 5 goals and 3 assists into the mix as well.

Rose was poor today but so were others. He didn't play at Mansfield so can't be the scapegoat for that one.

If anything the players are a victim of their own success and at the the start of the season very few were predicting we would be in this position. Whilst it is very disappointing we have hit poor form when the title is there for the taking, I think we are 12 months ahead of schedule.
Michael Rose on 18:54 - Apr 18 with 3899 viewsolympicdale

Michael Rose on 18:43 - Apr 18 by Dale_Mike

Rose was poor today but so were others. He didn't play at Mansfield so can't be the scapegoat for that one.

If anything the players are a victim of their own success and at the the start of the season very few were predicting we would be in this position. Whilst it is very disappointing we have hit poor form when the title is there for the taking, I think we are 12 months ahead of schedule.

"I think we are 12 months ahead of schedule." scant relief though for this current slump, the players need to stand up and be counted, and prove they can do it when it really matters.

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose on 23:42 - Apr 18 with 3633 viewsnordenblue

Michael Rose on 18:43 - Apr 18 by Dale_Mike

Victims of our own success and ahead of schedule bollox are just a full on excuse for if and when they fail,Hilly needs to keep the tactics simple amd stop confusing matters and play certain players in correct posiitons,and stop putting square pegs in round holes.
Last of all the players need to grow a set and finish the fabulous job theyve started.
Michael Rose on 09:58 - Apr 19 with 3428 viewsDale_Mike

Michael Rose on 23:42 - Apr 18 by nordenblue

Victims of our own success and ahead of schedule bollox are just a full on excuse for if and when they fail,Hilly needs to keep the tactics simple amd stop confusing matters and play certain players in correct posiitons,and stop putting square pegs in round holes.
Last of all the players need to grow a set and finish the fabulous job theyve started.

No, not an excuse for if we don't make the top 3. I still think we will go up automatically but if we do it will be happening 12 months sooner than I thought it would in pre-season summer 2013, simple as that.

Looking at the results against Fleetwood and York in isolation, they were both good with decent performances (particularly Fleetwood, York we were unlucky not to win) but coupled with the last two disasters and as a sequence of 4 it is relegation form.

What we desperately need is a bit a momentum. A lucky goal off Georges backside ala Hartlepool, an own goal or a dodgy penalty, whatever it takes to swing the pendulum back in our favour. A barnstorming performance against Bristol Rovers would do the trick!

The players have already shown courage in the face of adversity at various times this season. Cheltenham away, Northampton at home, Chesterfield away, Burton at home all immediately spring to mind so they can already do it without having to run around with 4 testicles each.

It is a 3 game mini league now for me. The players need to forget the last two games, get back to basics and let their talent do the rest.
Michael Rose on 10:10 - Apr 19 with 3397 viewsParkinsGimp

Michael Rose is poor apart from a sweet left foot and as mentioned above by my learned friend Nordenblue ;-)
The players just need to grow a pair and we need the tactics simpe now to finish the job.
I think most teams in this division have said Rochdale are the best team they have played and the table doesnt lie so we just need to re-focus ( hopefully) and get the job done.
As for Bunney I think hes got potential , just a bit niave at the moment.
Michael Rose on 16:37 - Apr 19 with 3242 viewsRoChDaLe

I feel sorry for Rose, I think in the first half he was one of the only players trying to pass the ball about but every time he tried he gave it away. NO ONE else stood up to the mark and tried passing the ball about (especially Lund and Cav). If there is one person to be blamed for Rose and his recent poor performances its got to be Hilly. Rose was always a threat when in Left back and I Don't understand why this ever was changed!

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Michael Rose on 16:45 - Apr 19 with 3221 viewsrobbowood

Michael Rose on 16:37 - Apr 19 by RoChDaLe

I feel sorry for Rose, I think in the first half he was one of the only players trying to pass the ball about but every time he tried he gave it away. NO ONE else stood up to the mark and tried passing the ball about (especially Lund and Cav). If there is one person to be blamed for Rose and his recent poor performances its got to be Hilly. Rose was always a threat when in Left back and I Don't understand why this ever was changed!

As full-back Rose also wasn't too bad in getting to the by-line and getting a cross over - though admittedly the cross was most times either too long or when it was a good one we had nobody in the middle to get on the end of it

He also linked up well with Hendo on the left wing
Michael Rose on 17:22 - Apr 19 with 3177 viewsolympicdale

Michael Rose on 16:45 - Apr 19 by robbowood

As full-back Rose also wasn't too bad in getting to the by-line and getting a cross over - though admittedly the cross was most times either too long or when it was a good one we had nobody in the middle to get on the end of it

He also linked up well with Hendo on the left wing

I think Rafferty and Vincenti and Rose and Hendo were good partnerships, perhaps a time to just go back to what worked, and not trying to almost be too clever with selections.

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose on 18:34 - Apr 19 with 3097 viewsDale_Mike

I think we saw the best of Rose when he was playing left side of the forward midfield 3 with Done at full back. (This also brought the best out of Done). Excellent shield for Done who could then overlap without fear of leaving our left flank exposed as Rose could just drop back into his natural position. Having Rose in an advanced role also meant we could make the most of his crossing ability as he was generally much higher up the pitch.

This I think was before the emergence of Jamie Allen as a first team regular. With Jamie in the team it means Hendo goes left midfield (probably his best position anyway) so no room for Rose. He has 'done a job' in central mid when suspension and injuries were kicking in and performed well there in the odd game e.g. Bury away, but I would only use him in center mid when Lund / cav are not available.
Michael Rose on 18:39 - Apr 19 with 3088 viewspaulscho

I would be tempted to put Rose back to Full back and play Matty Done in a more forward roll .

livinginadalewonderland

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024