Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
play Offs Here We Come 16:54 - Apr 18 with 7940 viewsdale1968

Disgraceful performance........

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

play Offs Here We Come on 18:36 - Apr 18 with 2316 viewsDanny1907

Got to agree with this, we're going into the play offs with no confidence and let's be honest whenever we play a half decent side we very rarely win. It was spineless and gutless and we got just what we deserved. 4 games without a goal, we look toothless and now with Hogan injured it's probably going to be Donnelly up front who is useless.

Oh, and Rose...
play Offs Here We Come on 18:55 - Apr 18 with 2233 viewsTalkingSutty

play Offs Here We Come on 18:36 - Apr 18 by Danny1907

Got to agree with this, we're going into the play offs with no confidence and let's be honest whenever we play a half decent side we very rarely win. It was spineless and gutless and we got just what we deserved. 4 games without a goal, we look toothless and now with Hogan injured it's probably going to be Donnelly up front who is useless.

Oh, and Rose...

I think to a certain extent we have got away with it this season in the striking department. Neither Cummings or Donnelly are good enough and we all know that. All season we have been short of a good quality second striker to supplement Hogan and that was evident from the pre-season games. Fast forward to the current situation and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Hilly commenting about not using his full budget could come back to bite him, in fact i think Hillys decisions have been pretty poor over the last two games. Rambling about donkeys on the beach and sitting in the dug out during half time at Mansfield just make him look arrogant. In the last two games i think hes been outwitted, just like his players.
play Offs Here We Come on 18:58 - Apr 18 with 2211 viewshxdale

play Offs Here We Come on 18:55 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

I think to a certain extent we have got away with it this season in the striking department. Neither Cummings or Donnelly are good enough and we all know that. All season we have been short of a good quality second striker to supplement Hogan and that was evident from the pre-season games. Fast forward to the current situation and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Hilly commenting about not using his full budget could come back to bite him, in fact i think Hillys decisions have been pretty poor over the last two games. Rambling about donkeys on the beach and sitting in the dug out during half time at Mansfield just make him look arrogant. In the last two games i think hes been outwitted, just like his players.

Yeah you are right, but other teams around us have also dropped points today, its in our own hands now, Fleetwood have a tough few games coming up...
play Offs Here We Come on 19:00 - Apr 18 with 2199 viewsolympicdale

play Offs Here We Come on 18:58 - Apr 18 by hxdale

Yeah you are right, but other teams around us have also dropped points today, its in our own hands now, Fleetwood have a tough few games coming up...

It isn't just them, Burton could easily pip us.

Life is a game of fate.

play Offs Here We Come on 19:01 - Apr 18 with 2194 viewsDanny1907

play Offs Here We Come on 18:55 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

Spot on. Another thing that's annoying is the whole "we're ahead of schedule" and "there's no pressure on the players". When you're 9 points clear with 6 (?) games left you HAVE to go up, you are under pressure and you should stand up to it. Maybe this group of players aren't strong enough to do it, only time will tell.
play Offs Here We Come on 19:01 - Apr 18 with 2190 viewshxdale

play Offs Here We Come on 19:00 - Apr 18 by olympicdale

It isn't just them, Burton could easily pip us.

big game then for them tomorrow
play Offs Here We Come on 19:03 - Apr 18 with 2185 viewsMoonyDale

play Offs Here We Come on 19:01 - Apr 18 by Danny1907

Spot on. Another thing that's annoying is the whole "we're ahead of schedule" and "there's no pressure on the players". When you're 9 points clear with 6 (?) games left you HAVE to go up, you are under pressure and you should stand up to it. Maybe this group of players aren't strong enough to do it, only time will tell.

Or maybe Hilly in saying what he has said has given the players an excuse for failure....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

play Offs Here We Come on 19:04 - Apr 18 with 2180 viewsolympicdale

play Offs Here We Come on 19:01 - Apr 18 by Danny1907

spot on, any player who cant stand the pressure shouldn't be playing the game, especially at this level.

this whole "we're ahead of schedule" is bollox, that to me is a ready made excuse if we fail.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

play Offs Here We Come on 19:36 - Apr 18 with 2054 viewsTalkingSutty

play Offs Here We Come on 19:04 - Apr 18 by olympicdale

spot on, any player who cant stand the pressure shouldn't be playing the game, especially at this level.

this whole "we're ahead of schedule" is bollox, that to me is a ready made excuse if we fail.

It was mentioned at the time when he made the comments. Anyway, i still think we will do it and the key is the Cheltenham home game and the fact Chesterfield play Fleetwood on the last day of the season.
play Offs Here We Come on 19:51 - Apr 18 with 2005 viewsYouTubeDale

Cheltenham and Newport have nothing to play for now. Perhaps this will let the door open for us.

Hilly has been here before and that will stand him in good stead. He will not shout at the players but quite the opposite, giving them as much support as possible. He says it could easily go down to the last game. And we all know that.

But if we can get a win at Bristol Rovers and Fleetwood lose on Monday then we look home and dry with at least a 7 goal difference to the good.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

play Offs Here We Come on 19:55 - Apr 18 with 1981 viewsTVOS1907

play Offs Here We Come on 19:51 - Apr 18 by YouTubeDale

Cheltenham and Newport have nothing to play for now. Perhaps this will let the door open for us.

Hilly has been here before and that will stand him in good stead. He will not shout at the players but quite the opposite, giving them as much support as possible. He says it could easily go down to the last game. And we all know that.

But if we can get a win at Bristol Rovers and Fleetwood lose on Monday then we look home and dry with at least a 7 goal difference to the good.

I just can't see Fleetwood slipping at home to Wycombe on Monday.

Let's hope they're as generous to Southend next Saturday as we were today.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

play Offs Here We Come on 20:10 - Apr 18 with 1941 viewsanimal8

I am feeling as upset as everyone else on here, but to call the players and manager after the season we have had up to now is out of order .KEEP THE FAITH .
play Offs Here We Come on 20:25 - Apr 18 with 1898 viewsTalkingSutty

play Offs Here We Come on 20:10 - Apr 18 by animal8

I am feeling as upset as everyone else on here, but to call the players and manager after the season we have had up to now is out of order .KEEP THE FAITH .

Our reliance on Donnelly and Cummings as strike options has been questioned most of the season so mentioning it tonight isnt anything new.
Having watched the last 2 games i think Hilly has been outsmarted along with his players but over the course of the season they have done very well.

Its not a case of calling Hilly or the players its just a honest opinion of what i witnessed. When they perform well i will obviously be more positive in my posts. Theres nothing malicious or tricky about it. They are a lot better than the last two displays.
play Offs Here We Come on 20:26 - Apr 18 with 1896 viewsSaxonDale

play Offs Here We Come on 20:41 - Apr 18 with 1835 viewsKenBoon

I thought the game was identical to the Mansfield game, even down to starting well and Hogan hitting the inside of the bar. We need to win on Monday. I don't think much of Fleetwood, but one thing for sure is they don't need encouraging and right now we're cheering them across the finishing line.
play Offs Here We Come on 21:16 - Apr 18 with 1705 viewsYorkshire_Dale

play Offs Here We Come on 17:18 - Apr 18 by pioneer

Brissie R have won 1 and drawn 2 of their last 8 games - lost at home to the bottom team last time out.

Surely we cannot be presented with a better chance to end this slump/nightmare

We are capable of f*cking anything up.
play Offs Here We Come on 21:20 - Apr 18 with 1686 viewsanimal8

Yorkshire dale ,please stay positive .
play Offs Here We Come on 21:29 - Apr 18 with 1637 viewsDiddyDave

Looks to me from thousands of miles away that nobody wants to go up!!
play Offs Here We Come on 21:47 - Apr 18 with 1589 viewsdogboy

Hey!
Have Southend done us a favour imagine if we did go up what are we expecting next year..would it not be better to be a work in progress and do well next year because lets face it this division has been mediocre and the gulf between teams has been erratic and lets look forward to Luton and Halifax
play Offs Here We Come on 21:51 - Apr 18 with 1577 viewsTalkingSutty

play Offs Here We Come on 21:47 - Apr 18 by dogboy

Hey!
Have Southend done us a favour imagine if we did go up what are we expecting next year..would it not be better to be a work in progress and do well next year because lets face it this division has been mediocre and the gulf between teams has been erratic and lets look forward to Luton and Halifax

Thanks for kicking us in the bal*s when we are already down, I would rather take our chances in league one thank you.
play Offs Here We Come on 22:11 - Apr 18 with 1519 viewsSwissdale

Utterly depressed after today.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but looking at the team sheet before kick off today I really wondered what Vincenti and Allen had done to warrant not being picked. Rose really has no place being in midfield and I'd be surprised if we see him play there again.

I really think Keith Hill has to take a lot of the flack for the last two results, team selections, tactics and substitutions have been really baffling. Favouring Cummins over Bunney this week and then not even having him on the bench today? I don't get it.

Really need at least a point now away at Bristol. We've now played over 6 hours of football without a goal. Not good enough.
play Offs Here We Come on 23:20 - Apr 18 with 1372 viewswmgunit

Pretty consistent with what everyone else has been saying, we seemed full of fear today which led to sloppy mistakes and a lack of cutting edge. Shouldn't be the case the way we have played all season up to now. It's a side of very talented players, it's up to Keith to convince them of that again. Without self belief talent is wasted.

Without hogan we are looking to midfield for goals which is why I would also start Vincenti and Allen at Bristol.

Some of the football the team have played this year has been exceptional and deserving of auto-promotion. I hope a loss of confidence doesn't squander that now. First time this year the pressure has really been on. Time for the players to stand up and be counted.
play Offs Here We Come on 23:31 - Apr 18 with 1350 viewsnordenblue

play Offs Here We Come on 23:20 - Apr 18 by wmgunit

Pretty consistent with what everyone else has been saying, we seemed full of fear today which led to sloppy mistakes and a lack of cutting edge. Shouldn't be the case the way we have played all season up to now. It's a side of very talented players, it's up to Keith to convince them of that again. Without self belief talent is wasted.

Without hogan we are looking to midfield for goals which is why I would also start Vincenti and Allen at Bristol.

Some of the football the team have played this year has been exceptional and deserving of auto-promotion. I hope a loss of confidence doesn't squander that now. First time this year the pressure has really been on. Time for the players to stand up and be counted.

He should always start Vincenti and Allen,a blind man on a galloping horse can see that Vincenti is our ONLY outlet for height at all anywhere near their penalty area,I have to say some of Hillys decisions have been at the best baffling and at worst horrendous recently.For me he spends too much time baffling players and over complicating what in facts a very simple game
play Offs Here We Come on 07:29 - Apr 19 with 1226 viewsFondles

Look at the positive side.....another York away trip awaits (0-0 both legs, 0-0 On pens & ref calls it off due to the sh#t his is witnissing). Least it will be sunny & fun.
play Offs Here We Come on 09:52 - Apr 19 with 1126 viewsParkinsGimp

With the fear ( not that I am actually fearful of keyboard spunkers) of being called "Not a true dale fan"
I feel that if we do fall into the playoff we have no chance of getting up. Its always the form teams in playoffs that make it not the ones who drop down .
How many crunch matches has Keith Hill won?
Me and my mates can only think of one , and that was penalty shoot out with Darlo!!!
It took us around 4 attempts to gain the points for promotion last time? Is it something in the psyche??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024