Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league 17:21 - Apr 18 with 2520 viewsmandale

young side, jitters, etc. - but time for moaning about that is at the end of the season

so thinking rationally -

- with 3 games to go, we are 2 points behind the leaders and could still win the league
- beat Bristol Rovers on Monday, we could be top of the league with 2 to play
- 5 points will probably be enough, as Fleetwood still have to play Chesterfield. 6 points will be enough
- Fleetwood also have to play Southend
- Chesterfield have to play Burton and Fleetwood (and Dagenham away)
- Scunthorpe have a tricky away tie at Exeter, and tricky homes against play-off chasing York and Oxford
- Scunthorpe let in (yet) another late, late goal today, leaving the championship wide open

3 games, all to play for, get behind the lads

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 17:24 - Apr 18 with 2487 viewsRAFC_1994

I wish I shared your optimism.
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 17:24 - Apr 18 with 2484 viewsFrog

All well and good but we're not scoring and not winning games. I stay hopeful but very concerned.
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 17:36 - Apr 18 with 2379 views442Dale

All this talk about Scunny's record run disguises all those leads they throw away. How has Wilcox not addressed that yet?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 17:43 - Apr 18 with 2298 viewspioneer

and if we continue with our current form it will not matter to us how many leads Scunny give up.
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league (n/t) on 17:51 - Apr 18 with 2223 viewsNafelad

Topcat

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 17:53 - Apr 18 with 2211 viewsNafelad

I agree, but why do we always seem to have problems getting over the finishing line?

Topcat

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 17:56 - Apr 18 with 2178 viewsolympicdale

The only shining light is it is in our own hands, but our hand is looking very limp right now.

Life is a game of fate.

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 17:58 - Apr 18 with 2159 viewsRAFCBLUE

The Chesterfield vs Burton vs Fleetwood run ins makes interesting reading.

Fleetwood have a gimme on Monday against Wycombe at home. Burton have a less easy tie away at Newport.

Assuming all the other sides (including us) win all remaining games, Chesterfield winning against Burton and Chesterfield actually lower the points needed to 79 (4 more)

BUT both Fleetwood and Burton will have to beat Chesterfield and Southend in consecutive games to be in the automatic promotion shout from here. Both Chesterfield and Southend will not have their futures secured by the time they play those fixtures. Southend will need something at Fleetwood to secure a playoff place.

Obviously if not all sides will win all games; drawn games reduce the total number of points needed further.

Keep believing in this good young side.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 18:02 - Apr 18 with 2117 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

On Monday night, we could be top of the league and virtually promoted.

At the start of the season having a shout of the play offs at this stage would have been seen as great success.

Its not that bad people

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 18:04 - Apr 18 with 2092 views442Dale

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 18:02 - Apr 18 by SteTsGoldenBoot

At the start of the season having a shout of the play offs at this stage would have been seen as great success.

Its not that bad people

Nope. But today was.

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 19:39 - Apr 18 with 1921 viewspioneer

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 18:02 - Apr 18 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Its not that bad people

or fourth . . . which is more likely based on current form.
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 19:58 - Apr 18 with 1864 viewsanimal8

Come on all you dale fans ,lets stick together and get the job done.
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 20:02 - Apr 18 with 1843 viewsDaley_Lama

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 19:58 - Apr 18 by animal8

Nah, I think everybody venting their spleen on here calling individual players and criticising everything under the sun is far more productive and worthwhile.

Poll: DF in or out

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 20:08 - Apr 18 with 1822 viewsTalkingSutty

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 20:02 - Apr 18 by Daley_Lama

Nah, I think everybody venting their spleen on here calling individual players and criticising everything under the sun is far more productive and worthwhile.

Agree, its far better doing it on the fans forum than at the game itself. It would be very weird though if fans posted how well we played and didnt question tbe managers decisions/selections.

The players get plenty of praise so have to expect criticism when they dont perform, it becomes "happy clappy" otherwise.
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 20:11 - Apr 18 with 1807 views442Dale

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 20:08 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

Agree, its far better doing it on the fans forum than at the game itself. It would be very weird though if fans posted how well we played and didnt question tbe managers decisions/selections.

The players get plenty of praise so have to expect criticism when they dont perform, it becomes "happy clappy" otherwise.

Aye, nowt wrong with that. The over the top posts will always appear, the valid points are exactly that. If it means a player or a selection is criticised while making that valid point, then it's fine. Otherwise we might as well not discuss games anymore.

But this has all been said before.

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 20:44 - Apr 18 with 1720 viewsanimal8

I am not saying we should praise the players if they have had a bad game ,but we all want the same thing .The dale to go up .So lets all stick together and hopefully celebrate in 2 weeks time .
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 21:01 - Apr 18 with 1668 viewsFrog

I'm as disappointed as anybody after today and after following Dale for over 30 years I am desperate for some more success, but people saying same old Dale and bottling etc is rubbish. In the time I've been watching, which unfortunately is not often enough recently, they have not had that many opportunities to to go up, hence, the nerves and wobbles at the moment. I can see it going either way but if I had to put money on it would be the play offs.

Hope I'm wrong.
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 23:33 - Apr 18 with 1490 viewsDorkingDale

Unfortunately it's down to attitude & confidence now. And for some reason we seem to have neither. Why can't Hilly instill this anymore? So bloody frustrating.
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 23:51 - Apr 18 with 1465 viewsD_Alien

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 23:33 - Apr 18 by DorkingDale

Unfortunately it's down to attitude & confidence now. And for some reason we seem to have neither. Why can't Hilly instill this anymore? So bloody frustrating.

If you've been encouraging the players to relax and enjoy their game for 9/10ths of the season, it's virtually impossible to suddenly try to inject some steel into their performance - but that's what's desperately needed

By steel, I mean the kind of attitude that Southend displayed today. For all that people call Phil Brown, he had them bang on their game

Not quite sure how Hilly can change anything now - it's just a matter of hope and perhaps a slice of luck. Ridiculous really, when you think of all the work that's been put in over the previous 40+ games

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 01:11 - Apr 19 with 1392 viewsAlexF

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 19:58 - Apr 18 by animal8

Well said, we have discussed this before on these boards, but this team has over performed to get here. No recriminations, support them to the end, its been a great season, lets hope they can regain their nerve and make it through. The great thing is, the other top teams are scuffing their way through too, we're still in there.
not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 03:59 - Apr 19 with 1349 viewspioneer

not the time for recriminations... 3 games to go, could still win league on 21:01 - Apr 18 by Frog

I'm as disappointed as anybody after today and after following Dale for over 30 years I am desperate for some more success, but people saying same old Dale and bottling etc is rubbish. In the time I've been watching, which unfortunately is not often enough recently, they have not had that many opportunities to to go up, hence, the nerves and wobbles at the moment. I can see it going either way but if I had to put money on it would be the play offs.

Hope I'm wrong.

Not many chances to go up? We have lost in the play offs three times and limped over the line having been the outstanding team in the division all season in 2010.

We have a recent history of struggling to finish the job - thats why people are concerned - they have seen it all before . . . and dont want to see it again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024