Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donnelly 21:07 - Apr 19 with 2843 viewsdaleuxb

I am sorry to say this after watching him and giving him the benefit of doubt for 2 seasons but George is not good enough for the standard of football he is playing at. He is not a goalscorer at all. Yes his work rate is good but he does not score enough goals at this level.
when Scott is injured we need a player to score goals and this is neither George or Cummings! Bunney is a promising player but too much burden on such young shoulders.
Yes we should have brought another goal scorer in but we haven't so try Lunddy up front!
Keith I trust you impeccably but be trustful in your players and tell them to do it for you and your belief.
Donnelly on 21:19 - Apr 19 with 2803 viewsstuartcryer

best thing said all season

wardle blue

Donnelly on 21:37 - Apr 19 with 2762 viewsolympicdale

we could do worse than try Vincenti up front if things start going pear shaped.

Life is a game of fate.

Donnelly on 09:37 - Apr 20 with 2502 viewsboromat

Might be worth a cheeky bet on Donnelly scoring tomorrow with all the comments on here about him!

Donnelly is much more effective when he starts games. He finds it harder to get into a game from the bench. His whole game revolves around giving his markers a proper work out. The lesser defenders in the league can't handle him. Yes he doesn't score as many as everyone can see he is capable of but he keeps the defenders busy and makes space for others.

Donnelly to start and Bunney to come on late to test their tired legs.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Donnelly on 10:02 - Apr 20 with 2464 viewsStudiousDale

In my view, neither Donnelly or Bunney are good enough at the moment. Bunney may be in 12 months time, but George won't and I hope he leaves come the end of the season, as much as I like his workrate on the pitch. He has real pace but he doesn't seem to know how to use it. I don't understand how you could watch him play for a few games and then pay a cash fee to sign him (Coleman).
Donnelly on 10:42 - Apr 20 with 2402 viewsregjenkins

Why don't we try Lillis up front? KH recons hes a good outfield player and G.K.s are well known for getting their body in the way.. ??

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Donnelly on 14:00 - Apr 20 with 2247 viewsolympicdale

Donnelly on 09:37 - Apr 20 by boromat

Might be worth a cheeky bet on Donnelly scoring tomorrow with all the comments on here about him!

Donnelly is much more effective when he starts games. He finds it harder to get into a game from the bench. His whole game revolves around giving his markers a proper work out. The lesser defenders in the league can't handle him. Yes he doesn't score as many as everyone can see he is capable of but he keeps the defenders busy and makes space for others.

Donnelly to start and Bunney to come on late to test their tired legs.

Have to disagree there, I think that Donnelly is at his "best" when he comes on from the bench, to take advantage of some tired legs in the opposition defence, he isn't, in my opinion as effective from the off.

Life is a game of fate.

Donnelly on 14:56 - Apr 20 with 2164 viewsTomRAFC

Agreed. No one desputes his work rates but sadly he hasn't shown the ability to play at this level and would be out of his depth if we went up.

Bunney is an excellent prospect but we don't want to put to much on him.

Vincenti and Henderson can both play up front if needs be but both have been so conistent in midfield it would be a shame to move them.

I wonder if Craig Lynch is up to pace yet? Would be a risky move to put him in though.

Glad we have King Keith to make the decisions.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Donnelly on 14:57 - Apr 20 with 2157 viewsBainesy15

Donnelly on 14:56 - Apr 20 by TomRAFC

Agreed. No one desputes his work rates but sadly he hasn't shown the ability to play at this level and would be out of his depth if we went up.

Vincenti and Henderson can both play up front if needs be but both have been so conistent in midfield it would be a shame to move them.

I wonder if Craig Lynch is up to pace yet? Would be a risky move to put him in though.

Lynch was brought in with an eye on next season, I wouldn't expect him to feature
Login to get fewer ads

Donnelly on 16:38 - Apr 20 with 2030 viewsolympicdale

Donnelly on 14:56 - Apr 20 by TomRAFC

unfortunately he seems out of his depth in this league. I, like all Dale fans wanted desperately for Georgie to improve his goal ratio, because his work rate was always there, just never had that goal threat, he has to be the most popular worst ever Dale striker in history.

Life is a game of fate.

Donnelly on 09:50 - Apr 21 with 1828 viewsnordenblue

Donnelly on 16:38 - Apr 20 by olympicdale

unfortunately he seems out of his depth in this league. I, like all Dale fans wanted desperately for Georgie to improve his goal ratio, because his work rate was always there, just never had that goal threat, he has to be the most popular worst ever Dale striker in history.

Im afraid theres still a couple of names that would probably pip him for that title
Donnelly on 10:28 - Apr 21 with 1775 viewsNafelad

If George reads these posts (and I'm sure he does), has anyone ever thought of what it may do to a player's confidence, to read some of the descriptions and criticisms of their performances and abilities that appear here? I, for one, believe KH picks the team and has to be trusted to 'manage' who plays, and how they play. We will always have our own 'favourites', but I think every player in a Rochdale shirt deserves respect from fans, if those fans are true supporters. As far as posting on this forum is concerned, if you can't say anything good about a player, then say nowt!!

Topcat

Donnelly on 10:50 - Apr 21 with 1739 views442Dale

Donnelly on 10:28 - Apr 21 by Nafelad

If George reads these posts (and I'm sure he does), has anyone ever thought of what it may do to a player's confidence, to read some of the descriptions and criticisms of their performances and abilities that appear here? I, for one, believe KH picks the team and has to be trusted to 'manage' who plays, and how they play. We will always have our own 'favourites', but I think every player in a Rochdale shirt deserves respect from fans, if those fans are true supporters. As far as posting on this forum is concerned, if you can't say anything good about a player, then say nowt!!

When any post descends into personal abuse or isn't backed up with some examples to support a negative opinion it's up for the criticism you've brought up.

However, to believe a player isn't good enough and saying so with evidence from a match/period of games/two seasons is perfectly justified and there's nowt wrong with it being said here.

Could George Donnelly become a hero who scores a vital goal? Yes. Is he a good player? No. But that's just an opinion and the two sides of the coin can exist at exactly the same time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Donnelly on 11:40 - Apr 21 with 1674 viewsrobbowood

Donnelly on 10:50 - Apr 21 by 442Dale

When any post descends into personal abuse or isn't backed up with some examples to support a negative opinion it's up for the criticism you've brought up.

However, to believe a player isn't good enough and saying so with evidence from a match/period of games/two seasons is perfectly justified and there's nowt wrong with it being said here.

Could George Donnelly become a hero who scores a vital goal? Yes. Is he a good player? No. But that's just an opinion and the two sides of the coin can exist at exactly the same time.

When Donnelly plays up front on his own Hilly doesn't pick him to score goals. He is there to give the opposition central defenders a hard time so that space is created for Hendo and Hogan especially to move into. No striker (other than Mesi or Ronaldo) will put away more than one chance in four or five and we haven't been making that many chances in out last two games
As for Donnelly's performance against Southend well we were 3-0 down by the time he even had a chance to touch the ball. So it's a bit unfair to criticise him for the last 45 minutes - we were already down and out with only Allen putting up a decent second half performance
Donnelly on 13:48 - Apr 21 with 1595 viewsDale23years

Donnelly on 11:40 - Apr 21 by robbowood

When Donnelly plays up front on his own Hilly doesn't pick him to score goals. He is there to give the opposition central defenders a hard time so that space is created for Hendo and Hogan especially to move into. No striker (other than Mesi or Ronaldo) will put away more than one chance in four or five and we haven't been making that many chances in out last two games
As for Donnelly's performance against Southend well we were 3-0 down by the time he even had a chance to touch the ball. So it's a bit unfair to criticise him for the last 45 minutes - we were already down and out with only Allen putting up a decent second half performance

Deffo dogshit

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Donnelly on 13:53 - Apr 21 with 1547 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Donnelly on 11:40 - Apr 21 by robbowood

Donnelly came on 30mins.......we were loosing 1-0..........he did nowt for the remaining 20 mins of the half.......how were we loosing 3-0 "by the time he even had a chance to touch the ball"?

Did you not know he was on,he was that good?
Donnelly on 13:54 - Apr 21 with 1543 viewsfirgrovedale51

Donnelly on 13:48 - Apr 21 by Dale23years

Deffo dogshit

Yes that is the way to build a players confidence
Donnelly on 13:54 - Apr 21 with 1535 viewsSuddenLad

Donnelly on 13:48 - Apr 21 by Dale23years

Deffo dogshit

Any more words of encouragement before the second half ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Donnelly on 16:22 - Apr 21 with 1439 viewsboromat

Donnelly had a good game today. If the footballing gods have been reading this forum he'll score the goal to take us up and we'll all be on the pitch ;-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024