Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emotional 15:13 - Apr 21 with 2764 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I need a drink after that.
Emotional on 15:19 - Apr 21 with 2707 viewsSuddenLad

Have two. !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Emotional on 15:22 - Apr 21 with 2679 viewschuckleberry

I need three!
Emotional on 15:24 - Apr 21 with 2655 viewsSuddenLad

Emotional on 15:22 - Apr 21 by chuckleberry

I need three!

Only 3 ?? That's not like you..............

Emotional on 16:17 - Apr 21 with 2484 viewsboromat

Pint in hand now, won't hit the sides!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Emotional on 19:09 - Apr 21 with 2228 viewsTVOS1907

It's a bloody good haircut you need, NC, not a drink.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Emotional on 20:35 - Apr 21 with 2072 viewsD_Alien

Had to wait till now due to having a meal at the Bristol harbour (well, the small glass of red barely counted) due to driving back to our holiday gaff

But I've brought a bottle of 20yo Talisker with me and just made a start!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Emotional on 20:36 - Apr 21 with 2047 viewsfitzochris

Emotional on 20:35 - Apr 21 by D_Alien

Had to wait till now due to having a meal at the Bristol harbour (well, the small glass of red barely counted) due to driving back to our holiday gaff

Nice. One of my favourites. Anything peaty. Enjoy.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Emotional on 20:44 - Apr 21 with 2000 viewsDevonDale

That's a good idea - just got a couple of bottles out - Laphroaig 10 or Bowmore Tempest Small Batch Release No 3 (55.6%) - decisions, decisions
Login to get fewer ads

Emotional on 20:49 - Apr 21 with 1953 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Emotional on 19:09 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

It's a bloody good haircut you need, NC, not a drink.

I already have a good haircut 😃
Emotional on 21:01 - Apr 21 with 1887 viewsD_Alien

Emotional on 20:36 - Apr 21 by fitzochris

Nice. One of my favourites. Anything peaty. Enjoy.

Talisker Storm, limited edition, got it at the distillery on Skye last year

Dale's performance deserves something special

Emotional on 21:01 - Apr 21 with 1885 viewsR17ALE

I didn't realise how many sophisticated Malt lovers frequented this place!

Isle of Jura for me!

My brother likes Talisker so much, he named his dog after it!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Emotional on 21:05 - Apr 21 with 1862 viewsSuddenLad

Emotional on 21:01 - Apr 21 by R17ALE

I didn't realise how many sophisticated Malt lovers frequented this place!

Isle of Jura for me!

My brother likes Talisker so much, he named his dog after it!

Dalwhinnie or Glenlossie for me. Prefer the Speyside malts. Lots of nice ones.

Emotional on 21:12 - Apr 21 with 1821 viewsfitzochris

Prefer anything from the Western Isles. Laphroaig is a particular favourite but Talisker is a very close second.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Up the Dale on 21:30 - Apr 21 with 1737 viewsWalboro

Highland Park for me
Emotional on 21:53 - Apr 21 with 1689 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Suntory Hibiki - make it a Suntory time...
Emotional on 22:03 - Apr 21 with 1631 viewsnordenblue

Emotional on 21:53 - Apr 21 by Albert_Whitehurst

Suntory Hibiki - make it a Suntory time...

Monkey shoulder,is a fine choice of tipple
Emotional on 22:10 - Apr 21 with 1590 viewsCamdenDale

Laproaig.

But G&Ts tonight in North London (Southern winker!)
Emotional on 16:10 - Apr 22 with 1345 viewsDorsetDale

At the end, as we were about to leave, my mate had a short conversation with a fella who also stated he was dining out at the harbour. Another face to match a message board name? Or maybe a few more Daleys had the same idea?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Emotional on 16:48 - Apr 22 with 1300 viewsDaveDave

Having recently returned from staying in Aberlour, near Dufftown in Speyside, may I recommend a bottle of fairly mellow 10 year old Aberlour, or better still a bottle of the lesser known Mortlach 16 year old - full bodied, fruity, aromatic and smoky - although not as smoky as D Alien's Tallisker.
Gordon and MacPhail in Elgin, which has been bottling Single Malt Whiskies for over 118 years, has a vast range of single malts to purchase.

Emotional on 20:36 - Apr 22 with 1195 viewsD_Alien

Emotional on 16:10 - Apr 22 by DorsetDale

At the end, as we were about to leave, my mate had a short conversation with a fella who also stated he was dining out at the harbour. Another face to match a message board name? Or maybe a few more Daleys had the same idea?

Wasn't me, because until I drove back into Bristol and picked up my gf who I'd left at the shopping centre, I'd no idea where I was dining!

"The harbour looks nice, shall we give it a try?"

Being in such a great mood after the victory, I wasn't going to disagree, was I?

Emotional on 21:04 - Apr 22 with 1145 viewsDorsetDale

Emotional on 20:36 - Apr 22 by D_Alien

Wasn't me, because until I drove back into Bristol and picked up my gf who I'd left at the shopping centre, I'd no idea where I was dining!

"The harbour looks nice, shall we give it a try?"

Being in such a great mood after the victory, I wasn't going to disagree, was I?

Must admit, I had my doubts, he looked nothing like an alien!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Emotional on 21:17 - Apr 22 with 1127 viewsD_Alien

Emotional on 21:04 - Apr 22 by DorsetDale

Must admit, I had my doubts, he looked nothing like an alien!

I could pass for one on a good day!

Was going to head down to the Dorset coast tomorrow, but the weather forecast is crap so will be heading down Thursday instead

Any particular recommends? Favourite bit of coast / hostelry?

Emotional on 10:57 - Apr 23 with 965 viewsDorsetDale

Emotional on 21:17 - Apr 22 by D_Alien

I could pass for one on a good day!

Was going to head down to the Dorset coast tomorrow, but the weather forecast is crap so will be heading down Thursday instead

Any particular recommends? Favourite bit of coast / hostelry?

I'm in Bridport slightly inland of the recently, newly named Jurassic Coast. West Bay is the nearest harbour with challenging cliff walks either side. Bridport is as good a place to stay as anywhere else, although without the night life of Weymouth. Presumably only staying 'till Friday to get back to Dale? Pity as you'll miss Saturday market day, gets busy with lots of road side stalls selling all sorts.
Plenty of places to stay, eat and drink. Don't have friends or relatives in the accommodation industry so have no bias in that direction and as I live here no need to take too close an interest in prices etc.
Small hotels and B&B's are mostly on west bay road.
Let me know if fancy a pint.

Emotional on 11:04 - Apr 23 with 950 viewsD_Alien

Emotional on 10:57 - Apr 23 by DorsetDale

I'm in Bridport slightly inland of the recently, newly named Jurassic Coast. West Bay is the nearest harbour with challenging cliff walks either side. Bridport is as good a place to stay as anywhere else, although without the night life of Weymouth. Presumably only staying 'till Friday to get back to Dale? Pity as you'll miss Saturday market day, gets busy with lots of road side stalls selling all sorts.
Plenty of places to stay, eat and drink. Don't have friends or relatives in the accommodation industry so have no bias in that direction and as I live here no need to take too close an interest in prices etc.
Small hotels and B&B's are mostly on west bay road.
Let me know if fancy a pint.

Cheers DD

We're staying in a cottage in Wiltshire, so it was Bristol on Monday, Stonehenge yesterday and the coast tomorrow before driving back Friday

Would defo meet up for a pint but I've got the gf to look after! She's up for a walk so might try the cliffs (and if I've behaved myself I won't get pushed over!)

Emotional on 11:24 - Apr 23 with 921 viewsDorsetDale

Emotional on 11:04 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

Cheers DD

We're staying in a cottage in Wiltshire, so it was Bristol on Monday, Stonehenge yesterday and the coast tomorrow before driving back Friday

Would defo meet up for a pint but I've got the gf to look after! She's up for a walk so might try the cliffs (and if I've behaved myself I won't get pushed over!)

No probs. If walking from west bay, going east, once up the cliff, is a gentler walk than west. Depending how far you go, couple miles and you go via a links coast to the next village. Decent enough walk, but not as easy on the eye as going west.....when you reach Seatown having traversed some serious hills, (and enjoyed the views you'll enjoy the lunch time atmosphere and garden at The Anchor Inn. After lunch, as you've gone so far, it's just half an hour's climb to the summit of Golden Cap.
No-one has ben walking in Dorset unless they've been atop that old girl (oo-err missus!)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024