Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vincenti 21:39 - Apr 21 with 1449 viewsColDale

Was that sub enforced? Looked like the Bristol physio told Hill that he had to withdraw him due to concussion.
Vincenti on 21:41 - Apr 21 with 1416 viewsSalwaDale

Yes. PV knocked unconscious. Could see Hill explaining that he was told that he had to sub him off during the game.

TBBT

Vincenti on 21:41 - Apr 21 with 1417 viewsThe_DJ

Hill mentioned he was knocked out so it was purely for the wellbeing of the player.
Vincenti on 21:44 - Apr 21 with 1376 viewsSaxonDale

"I was encouraged to take Peter Vincenti off because he lost consciousness and I couldn't have that on my conscience, Peter Vincenti is much more important than a game of football." - Hill in his post match interview.
Vincenti on 01:18 - Apr 22 with 1100 viewslove_the_dale

According to the Bristol commentators on Player, it was the doctor, not the physio, who looked to be adamant that Peter should have been withdrawn immediately, and should not be allowed to go back on the pitch.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 1:39]
Vincenti on 11:35 - Apr 22 with 846 viewsParkinsGimp

Thats fair enough cant mess about when they been unconsious.
All came out good in the end .
Does he have to wait a full week before playing again after concussion?
Vincenti on 12:00 - Apr 22 with 770 viewsToffeemanc

Vincenti on 11:35 - Apr 22 by ParkinsGimp

Thats fair enough cant mess about when they been unconsious.
All came out good in the end .
Does he have to wait a full week before playing again after concussion?

I don't know for sure if there is a fixed rule in football for this sort of thing or not, but I'd guess he may well need medical clearance to play being involved in a contact sport.
I do know if he was a boxer he wouldn't be allowed to fight for 28 days, so 7 days would seem reasonable to me if he does have to wait.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Vincenti on 12:03 - Apr 22 with 762 viewsSuddenLad

Vincenti on 12:00 - Apr 22 by Toffeemanc

I don't know for sure if there is a fixed rule in football for this sort of thing or not, but I'd guess he may well need medical clearance to play being involved in a contact sport.
I do know if he was a boxer he wouldn't be allowed to fight for 28 days, so 7 days would seem reasonable to me if he does have to wait.

I think if there was 'actual loss of consciousness' the 28 day rule applies. If he was merely 'concussed' he will have to rest for 48 hours and then will be allowed to play only after a medical examination.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024