Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lineman 00:14 - Apr 22 with 4853 viewscrazyhorse

Although the linesman was a cock end today gifting them their goal. Here's a bit of feel good music to accompany the lifting of pressure after the whistle went today.
Lineman on 00:41 - Apr 22 with 4808 viewsGhanaDale

The ball was quite clearly over the line.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Lineman on 10:53 - Apr 22 with 4594 viewslurker

All the officials did a good job. I didn't notice them for the most part, which is the way it should be!
Lineman on 10:58 - Apr 22 with 4573 viewsjudd

Lineman on 10:53 - Apr 22 by lurker

All the officials did a good job. I didn't notice them for the most part, which is the way it should be!

LIkewise, but mainly because I wasn't there.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lineman on 15:23 - Apr 22 with 4369 views100569

Lineman on 00:41 - Apr 22 by GhanaDale

You`re quite right it was. I was stood on the side and it was clearly over the line. I also agree the officials were very good unlike at Mansfield where they were positively dreadful.
Lineman on 17:28 - Apr 22 with 4265 viewsD_Dale

Lineman on 00:41 - Apr 22 by GhanaDale

It was - and Bennett could hardly be blamed for not keeping it out, as someone on another post said he could:
Lineman on 17:40 - Apr 22 with 4210 viewsColDale

given this is what is considered to be completely over the line using the technology in the Prem, is it 100% over the line? I'm not convinced

Lineman on 18:04 - Apr 22 with 4162 viewsDaley_Lama

The rule is, technology or not, as depicted in the second image.

Having view the footage a couple of times, the only moment it could be considered anywhere near completely over the line is when Bennett kicks it out, as before that it had spun back away from the goal-line.

I'm with Col, I'm not convinced it was completely over.

Poll: DF in or out

Lineman on 18:19 - Apr 22 with 4121 viewsrobbowood

Lineman on 18:04 - Apr 22 by Daley_Lama

The rule is, technology or not, as depicted in the second image.

Having view the footage a couple of times, the only moment it could be considered anywhere near completely over the line is when Bennett kicks it out, as before that it had spun back away from the goal-line.

I'm with Col, I'm not convinced it was completely over.

Login to get fewer ads

Lineman on 18:38 - Apr 22 with 4093 viewsDaley_Lama

Lineman on 18:19 - Apr 22 by robbowood

Yep

That doesn't convince me that the ball, the whole ball and every part of the ball is over the line. The majority of it is, but that's not the law.

Where is Andy Gray when you need him?

Lineman on 18:46 - Apr 22 with 4071 viewsSaxonDale

Had a good view of it and the ball was definitely over the line. Can see it if you press space bar and stop the video frame by frame at around 32 seconds, its at it's furthest over the line just before Bennett touches it. If Fleetwood pip us on goal difference however it was definitely NOT a goal.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 1:04]
Lineman on 18:49 - Apr 22 with 4059 viewsDaley_Lama

Lineman on 18:46 - Apr 22 by SaxonDale

Had a good view of it and the ball was definitely over the line. Can see it if you press space bar and stop the video frame by frame at around 32 seconds, its at it's furthest over the line just before Bennett touches it. If Fleetwood pip us on goal difference however it was definitely NOT a goal.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 1:04]

Had we lost 1-0 I reckon this thread would have got to 100 posts toot sweet.

As it is, it's all fun debate and as I wasn't there, I accept it was over the line even if I'm not convinced, on a majority verdict court decision.

Lineman on 18:58 - Apr 22 with 4025 viewsColDale

Lineman on 18:49 - Apr 22 by Daley_Lama

Had we lost 1-0 I reckon this thread would have got to 100 posts toot sweet.

As it is, it's all fun debate and as I wasn't there, I accept it was over the line even if I'm not convinced, on a majority verdict court decision.

I'm not even convinced about the rule. For me, the ball is over the line if the bit which makes contact with the pitch is over the line. I wouldn't have said that the over hang needs to be clear of the line, and I'm sure that's sufficient in any other part of the pitch. Linesmen definitely don't judge throw ins when the ball is 100% over the line.
Lineman on 19:01 - Apr 22 with 4017 viewsDaley_Lama

Lineman on 18:58 - Apr 22 by ColDale

I'm not even convinced about the rule. For me, the ball is over the line if the bit which makes contact with the pitch is over the line. I wouldn't have said that the over hang needs to be clear of the line, and I'm sure that's sufficient in any other part of the pitch. Linesmen definitely don't judge throw ins when the ball is 100% over the line.

They even had their name changed from Linesman to Referee's Assistant to ensure that no blame is associated to decisions about throw ins.

Having said that, the Brizzle goal-line looks a bit wobbly as well.

Shambolic League 2 Football, the sooner we are in the prem the better.

Lineman on 19:26 - Apr 22 with 3960 viewsdingdangblue

Lineman on 17:40 - Apr 22 by ColDale

given this is what is considered to be completely over the line using the technology in the Prem, is it 100% over the line? I'm not convinced

That 2nd to last ball that says "still in play" - I'm sorry but at our level without goaline technology, there's no way that can't be given as a goal. Bristols goal may have been such as this and I would have wanted it given a goal had it been us attacking. Thankfully we got 2.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lineman on 19:53 - Apr 22 with 3905 viewsTVOS1907

I'm bemused how anyone stood on that terrace, with the almost perfect angle we had, can even argue it wasn't over the line.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024