Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport 20:20 - Apr 22 with 2770 viewstwotribes

Anyone on the lash post game in the Cardiff area ?
Newport on 20:55 - Apr 22 with 2699 viewsdalefan

Going down Friday coming back Sunday. Will be out in Newport both nightd
Newport on 21:02 - Apr 22 with 2675 viewsTalkingSutty

Think we could do with meeting up in Dale friendly pub after returning from Newport, we should all be back for 9pm and fingers crossed we can celebrate long into the night .

Somewhere near the ground would be good bearing in mind supporters coaches will also be dropping off about that time.
Newport on 21:04 - Apr 22 with 2664 viewsboromat

Maybe something could be organised by the club at one of the 3 bars at Spotland.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Newport on 21:12 - Apr 22 with 2622 viewsTVOS1907

Newport on 21:02 - Apr 22 by TalkingSutty

Think we could do with meeting up in Dale friendly pub after returning from Newport, we should all be back for 9pm and fingers crossed we can celebrate long into the night .

Somewhere near the ground would be good bearing in mind supporters coaches will also be dropping off about that time.

Royal Exchange. roccy will sort it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Newport on 21:18 - Apr 22 with 2608 viewsTalkingSutty

Newport on 21:04 - Apr 22 by boromat

Maybe something could be organised by the club at one of the 3 bars at Spotland.

Will have to see how the games pan out obviously but there's nowt wrong with having a few ideas. The alternative is having no confidence or hope and constantly expecting the worst.
Newport on 21:19 - Apr 22 with 2597 viewsTalkingSutty

Newport on 21:12 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

Royal Exchange. roccy will sort it.

I might just stay in.
Newport on 21:39 - Apr 22 with 2542 viewsTVOS1907

Newport on 21:19 - Apr 22 by TalkingSutty

I might just stay in.

Party at yours?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Newport on 21:42 - Apr 22 with 2536 viewsTalkingSutty

Newport on 21:39 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

Party at yours?

We dont have visitors.
Login to get fewer ads

Newport on 21:42 - Apr 22 with 2534 viewsboromat

Newport on 21:18 - Apr 22 by TalkingSutty

Will have to see how the games pan out obviously but there's nowt wrong with having a few ideas. The alternative is having no confidence or hope and constantly expecting the worst.

Regardless what the last two games hold for us I think it's a season worth celebrating, especially if celebrating involves alcohol! :-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Newport on 12:33 - Apr 23 with 2293 viewsHopwoodblue

Staying in the Queens Hotel in Newport Saturday night, its the wetherspoons/ lloyds no1 bar so hopefuly we will be requesting " We are the Champions" after a few scoops !!! later in the evening

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Newport on 19:38 - Apr 23 with 2157 viewsdalefan

Newport on 12:33 - Apr 23 by Hopwoodblue

Staying in the Queens Hotel in Newport Saturday night, its the wetherspoons/ lloyds no1 bar so hopefuly we will be requesting " We are the Champions" after a few scoops !!! later in the evening

Sounds good to me.
Let's make it the bar of choice for all the stay over dalys
Newport on 19:47 - Apr 23 with 2143 viewsDevonDale

Newport on 12:33 - Apr 23 by Hopwoodblue

Have you got my ticket for the game Hopwoodblue (just a gentle reminder)?
Newport on 12:12 - Apr 24 with 1983 viewsHopwoodblue

Newport on 19:47 - Apr 23 by DevonDale

Have you got my ticket for the game Hopwoodblue (just a gentle reminder)?

Yep I certainly have, see you in the Dale bar Saturday or failing that Wetherspoons in Newport a week on Saturday about 12 ish !
Just text you about Sat with the time.

Newport on 20:54 - Apr 24 with 1826 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Any Southrons (Greater London region) travelling back to The Smoke post match? Could be a lively train full of strong lager and Middle Eastern promise.
Newport on 21:25 - Apr 24 with 1788 views100569

Has anybody `sussed` out what sort of a night out Newport has to offer. Better still anybody know from previous experience. Not sure whether to stay in Newport or Bristol.
Newport on 22:52 - Apr 24 with 1733 viewsSuddenLad

Newport on 21:25 - Apr 24 by 100569

Has anybody `sussed` out what sort of a night out Newport has to offer. Better still anybody know from previous experience. Not sure whether to stay in Newport or Bristol.

If you like decent ale check these out for Newport.

(1) Ye Olde Murenger House on High Street. Pub dates from the 16th Century.

(2) The Lamb, Bridge Street: http://whatpub.com/pubs/NEW/333/lamb-newport

or

(3) Queens Hotel (Wetherspoons) also Bridge Street. Also does B&B for those who like to have a bed near the bar !!

Here: http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/hotels/the-queens-hotel
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 22:56]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Newport on 09:44 - Apr 25 with 1670 viewsParkinsGimp

Newport on 21:25 - Apr 24 by 100569

Hope their fans have calmed down after the last time we played them last match of season. Not sure if they were already down and out but they sure kicked off at the end...but it was in the 80s I think so hopefully much better now.
Newport on 12:17 - Apr 25 with 1613 viewsHopwoodblue

Newport on 09:44 - Apr 25 by ParkinsGimp

Hope their fans have calmed down after the last time we played them last match of season. Not sure if they were already down and out but they sure kicked off at the end...but it was in the 80s I think so hopefully much better now.

Dean Walling from a corner if I remember, thinked they'd been down for a couple of games before. The programe collecters were queing up buying a full box then leaving.
Still got mine!

Newport on 13:38 - Apr 25 with 1555 viewsTalkingSutty

Newport on 12:17 - Apr 25 by Hopwoodblue

Dean Walling from a corner if I remember, thinked they'd been down for a couple of games before. The programe collecters were queing up buying a full box then leaving.
Still got mine!

Still got mine,great away trip that. Dean Wallings goal was described in some reports as a flying header but in reality he just fell forward to nod it over the line. In those days Dean struggled to put one foot in front of the other never mind fly. He did improve with age though.
Newport on 14:02 - Apr 25 with 1526 viewsParkinsGimp

Newport on 13:38 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

Still got mine,great away trip that. Dean Wallings goal was described in some reports as a flying header but in reality he just fell forward to nod it over the line. In those days Dean struggled to put one foot in front of the other never mind fly. He did improve with age though.

LOL yes I remember , he was like Bambi on ice . But went away and re-invented himself as a half decent centre-half with Carlise.
I used to live in Cardiff in the 80's so remember Newport being a bit rough place, sure its okay now.
Not sure I can afford a trip down on bank holiday weekend, especially if I spend a fortune on my celebrations on Saturday.
COME ON THE DALE!!!!
Newport on 15:41 - Apr 25 with 1468 viewsILoveMYclub

Still a rough place , town centre is very compact.
A bit like Rochdale really in that it has seen much better times economicaly.
The shopping experience in Newport centre is a trip to Wilkinsons.
Some nice take aways/ restaurants just round the corner from the Queens.
Come 5 o clock though Newport just might be Dale Heaven!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024