Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy St. George's Day 08:58 - Apr 23 with 1059 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.stgeorgesday.com/st-georges-day/st-george-and-england/

and for Saturday (to paraphrase Shakespeare, who was born and died on this date)..............

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Hilly, Rochdale, and Saint George!'

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Happy St. George's Day on 12:55 - Apr 23 with 990 viewsParkinsGimp

Nice one Mate.
Lets hope tannoy boy isnt having a whole day of Insipid Carpets after their 20th anniversary of getting out of biffo land LOL he really does need to mix the music up , if he wants to listen to his "manc" music he can do it in his car before he starts .Get some stirring stuff on lad.
Perhaps We will Rock you by Queen just to get the crowd going. And if you fancy taking the mike Suddenlad you could repeat your above prose :-) Maybe a bit of Jerusalem in honour of today.
Happy St. George's Day on 04:04 - Apr 24 with 882 viewsDiddyDave

Good on ya SL,don`t anybody forget St.Georges Day. When we were kids in the cubs and scouts,we used to march through the town centre to celebrate on the Sunday closest to the 23rd. All they want to celebrate now is St.Paddy`s Day cos they know it`s a big earner at the pub,and in the present political climate where we`re all too scared of upsetting a certain (massive) influx of immigrants,I bet there`s not one kid who`d have any idea when St.Georges Day is now.
Happy St. George's Day on 06:25 - Apr 24 with 876 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

George is more than the Patron Saint of England. Ethiopia and Romania spring to mind. He used to be held in very high regard in Islamic culture also ironically.

So I would imagine a good portion of those 'influx' are equally bought into fairy stories.
Happy St. George's Day on 08:26 - Apr 24 with 848 viewsTalkingSutty

Happy St. George's Day on 12:55 - Apr 23 by ParkinsGimp

Nice one Mate.
Lets hope tannoy boy isnt having a whole day of Insipid Carpets after their 20th anniversary of getting out of biffo land LOL he really does need to mix the music up , if he wants to listen to his "manc" music he can do it in his car before he starts .Get some stirring stuff on lad.
Perhaps We will Rock you by Queen just to get the crowd going. And if you fancy taking the mike Suddenlad you could repeat your above prose :-) Maybe a bit of Jerusalem in honour of today.

Funny post. I love the disc jockey at Rochdale, what a character. Every game he Churns out the same sounds,it's not that they are bad records it's just we hear them all the time and its boring. Peter Kay would have a field day with this one, can you imagine having thousands of fans in a football stadium but the DJ will only play what he wants to hear, probably the type of kid who never shared his toys. He's just doing it for his own indulgence, "the DJ who doesn't do requests"......Brilliant!!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Happy St. George's Day on 09:48 - Apr 24 with 817 viewsrod_leach

We Will Rock You would get me going - to somewhere I couldn't hear the cheesy rubbish.

Jet Pilot by SOAD would be better.
Happy St. George's Day on 19:40 - Apr 24 with 714 viewsirisaln

What about Elvis. Glory, glory etc. etc. and the DALE go marching on.
Happy St. George's Day on 20:28 - Apr 24 with 675 viewspnc4eva1

St George D

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Happy St. George's Day on 20:36 - Apr 24 with 665 viewsBigDaveMyCock

If we go up I'm going to recreate this in the Cem afterwards.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Happy St. George's Day on 09:36 - Apr 25 with 582 viewsParkinsGimp

Not topless I hope dave, or have you got his physique? LOl
If we go up I am sure no-one will mind .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024