Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets 16:12 - Apr 23 with 2383 viewspnc4eva1

I got mine today and I'm number 17 for the Sandy. Hopefully the club will benefit from a greater quantity of season ticket sales if we were to reach our goal this weekend.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Season Tickets on 18:48 - Apr 23 with 2252 viewspioneer

I previously posted we should be selling 2 or 3 years season tickets while we are on the crest of a wave . Anothyer opportunity to make money is being missed. This how much we might have made in 2010 and 2011 if we had done it.
Season Tickets on 20:10 - Apr 23 with 2169 viewsdoleydale

Season Tickets on 18:48 - Apr 23 by pioneer

I previously posted we should be selling 2 or 3 years season tickets while we are on the crest of a wave . Anothyer opportunity to make money is being missed. This how much we might have made in 2010 and 2011 if we had done it.

I'm finding it hard to buy next years, never mind a 2/3 year one

Hey everybody take a look at me, I've got street credibility, I may not have a job, But I have a good time, With the boys that I meet "down on the line" I said, I - DON'T - NEED - YOU So you don't approve, Well who asked you to? HEY - JERK - YOU - WORK This boy's got better things to do

Season Tickets on 20:25 - Apr 23 with 2124 viewsSwissdale

Season Tickets on 18:48 - Apr 23 by pioneer

Utter nonsense. The type of people who buy season tickets when we are "on the crest of a wave" are most likely to be peripheral supporters, and therefore highly unlikely to shell out £750+ on a three-year season ticket.

I agree that RAFC aren't the most innovative or pro-active business, but some of the digs they get on here are ridiculous.
Season Tickets on 20:41 - Apr 23 with 2077 views442Dale

Can't ever see there being demand for a multi-year season ticket at our level. Corporate customers at clubs might look to secure a box for more than one year, but individual supporters probably couldn't justify such an outlay in one go.

All it takes is one bad season/managerial appointment/decision and fans might regret it. This isn't exclusive to Dale by the way, it's any club where you don't need a season tiket to ensure your seat.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Tickets on 20:57 - Apr 23 with 2027 viewspioneer

Other clubs do it, and not only in the premiership, but I suppose its "utter nonsense" for them too.

Offer a modest discount on a two or three year deal and provide an opportunity to pay in installments.

Anything that might make a bit more money is always shot down as "utter nonsense" by the sackcloth and ashes brigade.

We shall never know how many would take it up unless we offer it - and offering it costs nothing.

Out of interest does anyone know what happened to season ticket sales between 2010 and 2013?
Season Tickets on 21:13 - Apr 23 with 1984 viewsjudd

Season Tickets on 20:57 - Apr 23 by pioneer

Other clubs do it, and not only in the premiership, but I suppose its "utter nonsense" for them too.

Offer a modest discount on a two or three year deal and provide an opportunity to pay in installments.

Anything that might make a bit more money is always shot down as "utter nonsense" by the sackcloth and ashes brigade.

We shall never know how many would take it up unless we offer it - and offering it costs nothing.

Out of interest does anyone know what happened to season ticket sales between 2010 and 2013?

Not a lot in 3 minutes, I'd have thought.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Tickets on 22:03 - Apr 23 with 1892 viewsSwissdale

Season Tickets on 20:57 - Apr 23 by pioneer

I'm failing to understand how discounting a product, as well as allowing people to pay in instalments (in essence further discounting when you consider the time-value of money) would make the club a bit more money?

I would imagine clubs offer the scheme as a short-term solution to a cash flow problem. Or a way of raising capital for a major investment.
Season Tickets on 23:05 - Apr 23 with 1832 viewspioneer

Let me explain . . . slowly because you might not think fast

we are onna crest of a wave, folks feeling good and (potentially) we are going to a higher level of footy. Some people may be prepared to commit to buying a season ticket for longer term and hence committing funds to the club for that period over the next 6-9 months say. The benefit to them is they lock in te price and gain a modest discount.

Lets say we go up, and dont do so well. these same folks might not be as eager or inclined to buy season tickets at the end of next season, in fact they might not be willing to attend many games if say we are struggling in Div 1 or even relegated back to Div 2. Instead theymight prefer to spend that money at City or United or . . . . . . But we will already have their money.

Also having their money now is batter than having to wait for it EVEN IF they were all to renew every year. On the other hand if they have already paid they may be more inclined to come to games than if they hadn't, even if its a wet Tuesday in November.

Its a simple principle of pre payment and locking in revenues.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets on 23:14 - Apr 23 with 1818 viewsroccydaleian

Season Tickets on 23:05 - Apr 23 by pioneer

we are onna crest of a wave, folks feeling good and (potentially) we are going to a higher level of footy. Some people may be prepared to commit to buying a season ticket for longer term and hence committing funds to the club for that period over the next 6-9 months say. The benefit to them is they lock in te price and gain a modest discount.

Lets say we go up, and dont do so well. these same folks might not be as eager or inclined to buy season tickets at the end of next season, in fact they might not be willing to attend many games if say we are struggling in Div 1 or even relegated back to Div 2. Instead theymight prefer to spend that money at City or United or . . . . . . But we will already have their money.

Also having their money now is batter than having to wait for it EVEN IF they were all to renew every year. On the other hand if they have already paid they may be more inclined to come to games than if they hadn't, even if its a wet Tuesday in November.

And something that will never happen. Get real ffs.
Season Tickets on 06:07 - Apr 24 with 1721 viewsCamdenDale

Season Tickets on 23:05 - Apr 23 by pioneer

"Tiger? Hi, yes I'd like to order a spacecraft for right now please...yep, the pub...Dave...yep, home to bed for three days..."
Season Tickets on 08:07 - Apr 24 with 1688 viewsJumeirahDale

Let's say one of these "crest of the wave" fans buys a three year season ticket now, gets a discount and signs up to pay in 6 x 6 monthly instalments.

Who administrates the instalments?
What happens if the guy decides he doesn't want it anymore and stops paying?
What happens if he can't afford to pay? Do we factor the receivables on to a debt purchaser? If so, that's another 20% lost on top of the discount.

I'm all for modernisation (I certainly believe in the feasibility of online ticketing, a wi-fi deal with someone like TheCloud etc, new scoreboard advertising, CRM system...I could go on), but I think for a club of our size, this isn't something we should be involving ourselves in. Maybe in the future.
Season Tickets on 08:49 - Apr 24 with 1653 viewsScunnydale

What happens if it is a popular scheme and people take up the offer?

We will have had the money this year. Where is it going to come from in the next few years? I'm sure, like most clubs and businesses, we budget year-on-year.

Sounds remarkably like the Bury scheme of the summer.
Season Tickets on 09:38 - Apr 24 with 1606 viewsdebbiesfella

Season Tickets on 08:49 - Apr 24 by Scunnydale

We will have had the money this year. Where is it going to come from in the next few years? I'm sure, like most clubs and businesses, we budget year-on-year.

Exactly, utter nonsense.
Season Tickets on 09:48 - Apr 24 with 1601 viewsdingdangblue

Season Tickets on 08:49 - Apr 24 by Scunnydale

Exactly, Imagine us all getting our wages 3 months in advance - I'm sure we'd all spread it out evenly and not be tempted to spend more in the 1st 2 months. Idiotic idea for a club our size with very little supporter income as it is.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Tickets on 22:53 - Apr 24 with 1384 viewscrazyhorse

I'll buy a season ticket if I can put it on my credit card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024