Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? 18:27 - Apr 23 with 2220 viewsdingdangblue

Whatever happens in these last 2 games do Scunthorpe deserve to be champions? Record breaking run, lost only 4 all season, top scorer in division and beat us 7-0 on aggregate. Or Dale? Spent no money recruiting, very little support from our town but play arguably the most attractive football - and we've won the most games.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 18:36 - Apr 23 with 2184 viewsDevonDale

The team with the most points at 5pm on 3 May deserve to be champions.
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 18:36 - Apr 23 with 2184 viewsolympicdale

Scunny fans must be fuming that they haven't wrapped up this division weeks ago, they should be way ahead, but too many draws may cost them the title (hopefully for our sake) I don't think there has been one team to really take this league by the scruff of its neck, inconsistency has ruled, the top 3 have been the most consistent, and I still believe there will be another twist to the story...

Life is a game of fate.

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 19:09 - Apr 23 with 2078 viewsTalkingSutty

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 18:36 - Apr 23 by DevonDale

The team with the most points at 5pm on 3 May deserve to be champions.

That's the truth and there is still a very real possibility we could finish top of the shop. Whoever wins it has done it on merit, Scunny have had a great run but what's to say that the team with the most wins doesnt deserves to win the league?
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 19:12 - Apr 23 with 2066 viewselectricblue

Im hoping that Dale prove a point by winning lg 2 and not having the budget of Scunny or Chesterfield..
Be one in the eye for those two if we did..
Then Hill must be the league 2 manager of 2013/14....
Its all still possible.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 19:32 - Apr 23 with 2002 viewsBrierls

Definitely us
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 19:53 - Apr 23 with 1939 viewsDaley_Lama

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 19:12 - Apr 23 by electricblue

Im hoping that Dale prove a point by winning lg 2 and not having the budget of Scunny or Chesterfield..
Be one in the eye for those two if we did..
Then Hill must be the league 2 manager of 2013/14....
Its all still possible.....

Scunny have thrown so many leads away it is ridiculous.

14 times they have lead a game and ended up drawing. Half of those have been equalizers in the 90th minute.

Dagenham Home 90 mins
Morcambe Away - 90 mins
Bury Home - 90 mins
Wycombe Away - 90 mins
Bury Away 90 mins
Newport Away - 90 min
Bristol Rovers Home 90 min

Other notable leads lost are when leading at home to ten Northampton, when 2-0 up at Bury, when 3-0 at Dagenham.

They also managed to lose at Wimbledon when 2-0 at half time.

They have dropped 31 points when winning, only Cheltenham have faired worse, dropping 34 points from leading positions.

Conversely, we have only lost 7 points from winning positions, Wimbledon at Home (3) Chesterfield at Home (2) and Southend Away (2)

We have instead picked up 19 points from losing positions including notable turnarounds at Cheltenham, at home to Northampton and the 2 injury time goals to draw at Chesterfield.

If football matches were 89 minutes long, Scunthorpe would have won the division by double figures and Dale would be a playoff team.

But it's not and 5pm on Sat 3rd May is all that matters. It would be funny if either ourselves or Chesterfield did pip them to the title however.

Poll: DF in or out

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 12:09 - Apr 24 with 1500 viewsMass_Debater

Whoever finishes top deserves to be champions. At least that's how it usually works.
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 12:45 - Apr 24 with 1440 viewsaleanddale

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 19:53 - Apr 23 by Daley_Lama

Scunny have thrown so many leads away it is ridiculous.

14 times they have lead a game and ended up drawing. Half of those have been equalizers in the 90th minute.

Dagenham Home 90 mins
Morcambe Away - 90 mins
Bury Home - 90 mins
Wycombe Away - 90 mins
Bury Away 90 mins
Newport Away - 90 min
Bristol Rovers Home 90 min

Other notable leads lost are when leading at home to ten Northampton, when 2-0 up at Bury, when 3-0 at Dagenham.

They also managed to lose at Wimbledon when 2-0 at half time.

They have dropped 31 points when winning, only Cheltenham have faired worse, dropping 34 points from leading positions.

Conversely, we have only lost 7 points from winning positions, Wimbledon at Home (3) Chesterfield at Home (2) and Southend Away (2)

We have instead picked up 19 points from losing positions including notable turnarounds at Cheltenham, at home to Northampton and the 2 injury time goals to draw at Chesterfield.

If football matches were 89 minutes long, Scunthorpe would have won the division by double figures and Dale would be a playoff team.

But it's not and 5pm on Sat 3rd May is all that matters. It would be funny if either ourselves or Chesterfield did pip them to the title however.

Amazing - should have been home and hosed weeks ago and a big IF but Scunthorpe despite all of the above could still finish 4th.

That would make my day after there antics at Spotland!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 12:55 - Apr 24 with 1421 viewsBarryStrange

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 12:45 - Apr 24 by aleanddale

Amazing - should have been home and hosed weeks ago and a big IF but Scunthorpe despite all of the above could still finish 4th.

That would make my day after there antics at Spotland!!!

Having long since resigned myself to the fact you're going up I wouldn't mind you taking Fleetwood with you instead of Chesterfield. Much less loathsome and the great Sir Chris Lucketti is involved. And then someone inoffensive like York winning the play offs.

However none of it matters as much as I want someone, anyone, anywhere to beat Scunthorpe because I am so thoroughly sick to death of hearing about Russ Wilcox and this unbeaten run.

Couldn't really care less who wins the title to respond to the OP - whoever gets the most points deserves it, budget isn't a consideration in who deserves the title though it should be for manager of the year and Hill should walk that.
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 16:11 - Apr 24 with 1250 viewsnordenblue

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 12:55 - Apr 24 by BarryStrange

Having long since resigned myself to the fact you're going up I wouldn't mind you taking Fleetwood with you instead of Chesterfield. Much less loathsome and the great Sir Chris Lucketti is involved. And then someone inoffensive like York winning the play offs.

However none of it matters as much as I want someone, anyone, anywhere to beat Scunthorpe because I am so thoroughly sick to death of hearing about Russ Wilcox and this unbeaten run.

Couldn't really care less who wins the title to respond to the OP - whoever gets the most points deserves it, budget isn't a consideration in who deserves the title though it should be for manager of the year and Hill should walk that.

You talk far too much sense on here
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 16:54 - Apr 24 with 1180 viewsaleanddale

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 12:55 - Apr 24 by BarryStrange

Fancy Spotland on Saturday Barry rather than a boring dead rubber at Giggle??
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 17:08 - Apr 24 with 1143 viewsD_Dale

It's probably been mentioned, that Scunny have to play two clubs that inflicted heavy defeats on them: in October, Exeter won 4-0 at Glanford Park and York beat them 4-1. Hoping this creates a bit of psychological pressure.
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 17:44 - Apr 24 with 1085 viewsdingdangblue

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 17:08 - Apr 24 by D_Dale

It's probably been mentioned, that Scunny have to play two clubs that inflicted heavy defeats on them: in October, Exeter won 4-0 at Glanford Park and York beat them 4-1. Hoping this creates a bit of psychological pressure.

Not seen that mentioned anywhere, wow! 4-0 at Glanford is some result - and they walloped Fleetwood 3-0 the other week also. Must admit I'm surprised Exeter are struggling down there.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 09:07 - Apr 25 with 815 viewsBarryStrange

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 16:54 - Apr 24 by aleanddale

Fancy Spotland on Saturday Barry rather than a boring dead rubber at Giggle??

And miss one last chance to see Clive Platt?

In all seriousness it's Sky Sports News for me sadly tomorrow aft - daughter broke her arm last week so I am on parental duty.

Enjoy tomorrow - can't see Cheltenham stopping you if you go a goal ahead, and even a point keeps it in your hands for the final day when you can start thinking about the title.
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 09:28 - Apr 25 with 785 viewsjudd

To add to R17Ale's caution, I felt there was far too much taken for granted in Rats before the Southend hammering on Bad Friday.

I hope we haven't had any proclamatory tee shirts made.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 09:39 - Apr 25 with 762 viewsR17ALE

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 09:28 - Apr 25 by judd

To add to R17Ale's caution, I felt there was far too much taken for granted in Rats before the Southend hammering on Bad Friday.

I hope we haven't had any proclamatory tee shirts made.

I'll say. Far too many giddy kippers on here. We need to hold our nerve, see the job through, and just worry about the Cheltenham game. After which, we can predict how important the Newport match is.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 10:11 - Apr 25 with 730 viewsdingdangblue

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 09:39 - Apr 25 by R17ALE

I'll say. Far too many giddy kippers on here. We need to hold our nerve, see the job through, and just worry about the Cheltenham game. After which, we can predict how important the Newport match is.

I think everyone on here is excited and nervous about tomorrow. Not taking anything for granted, we are Dale after all, why do something easy when its much more interesting to drag it out! Really hoping we do the job tomorrow ourselves, if not hoping Southend do us a favour, if not its on to Newport next week and the bonus of Chesterfield and Fleetwood playing each other. Up the Dale.

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 10:32 - Apr 25 with 715 viewsTalkingSutty

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 09:39 - Apr 25 by R17ALE

Don't worry about the Cheltenham game look forward to it with excitement. I don't get all this dampening down the excitement, what`s the point in striving for a season fighting for promotion if all your going to do is worry about it.

These are the best days of our footballing lives and win or lose its all part of the journey and should be enjoyed. Save your nervousness for conference relegation battles. Giddy kippers is good because most of the Dale fans usually look like they have just been dug up. Enjoy it !!
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 11:09 - Apr 25 with 656 viewsjudd

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 10:32 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

Don't worry about the Cheltenham game look forward to it with excitement. I don't get all this dampening down the excitement, what`s the point in striving for a season fighting for promotion if all your going to do is worry about it.

These are the best days of our footballing lives and win or lose its all part of the journey and should be enjoyed. Save your nervousness for conference relegation battles. Giddy kippers is good because most of the Dale fans usually look like they have just been dug up. Enjoy it !!

Just not taking this fixture as a given, that's all. There's something to be said for being quietly confident as opposed to being all gung-ho and counting our chickens before they have hatched.

I'm equally nervous and excited by the whole state of affairs.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 11:26 - Apr 25 with 623 viewsTalkingSutty

Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 11:09 - Apr 25 by judd

Just not taking this fixture as a given, that's all. There's something to be said for being quietly confident as opposed to being all gung-ho and counting our chickens before they have hatched.

I'm equally nervous and excited by the whole state of affairs.

Agree 100% but I haven't seen one poster proclaiming that tomorrows game is a given or it will be easy. My opinion is if we play to our capabilities we can beat anybody in this league and that includes Cheltenham.

Obviously when it comes to a one off game anything can happen but fans being excited in anticipation of a possible promotion game is how it should be, the alternative is to sit through the game in a state of nervousness which then transmits to the players. Its the supporters of teams like Northampton, Bristol Rovers, Wycombe etc who should be suffering nerves not us.

Whether we go up or stay in league two wont be down to the fans being excited and I don't believe in the football gods neither, what have they ever done for us and I say that as one of the most longest suffering fans in the country, that's official !!
Do Scunthorpe deserve the title? on 11:57 - Apr 25 with 581 viewsDaley_Lama

"the alternative is to sit through the game in a state of nervousness which then transmits to the players. Its the supporters of teams like Northampton, Bristol Rovers, Wycombe etc who should be suffering nerves not us. "

100% with you on this.

Southend was the one game where I think nerves were on show, both on and off the pitch.

Upon entering the ground in the usual way to sit in my usual seat, I could sense the nervousness in the stand around me.

The game kicked off and we were a bit nervous on the pitch to the visible eye too. Individual cock ups at both ends compounded this, 1-0 down and we missed 3/4 good opportunities where shots were snatched, nerves once more. The rest was history.

I am hoping that this general nervousness was a one off, born on the back of the Mansfield defeat. I am hoping that tomorrow instead the confidence will flow both on and off the pitch after the bouncebackability come-back versus Brizzle in front of an 8,000 crowd.

Atmosphere off the pitch breeds onto the pitch, no doubt about it.

I'm another "can't wait for kick off" type, bored of reading, thinking and talking about it.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 11:58]

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024