Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Lillis To Promote Us????? 07:14 - Apr 24 with 999 viewsdale1968

Just thinking back over the season where we have scrapped at times for the points made me think back to when Will scored at Bury a few years back and ultimately his goal cost Bury auto promotion.

Looking back at the Bury game I think that last gasp save by Josh earned us a potentially massive point??

Goin to be a very tense last 2 games.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Josh Lillis To Promote Us????? on 07:52 - Apr 24 with 941 viewsaleanddale

to many scenarios in the season to mention.

Hendo last minute wonder goal at Cheltenham? Vincenti header at Chesterfield?

for me the big turning point was on Feb 8th. Wimbledon away.

we had lost the previous Saturday at Home to Dagenham and had a really tricky league match in deepest darkest London. We won 3-0 and then kicked on

Wimbledon 3-0
Morecambe 2-1
Burton 1-1 Howler by Bury Ace Lainton
Exeter 1-0
Oxford 3-0

13 points from 15 really sent out a message of intent at just the right time.
Josh Lillis To Promote Us????? on 09:20 - Apr 24 with 847 viewsSuddenLad

Josh has saved us points on several occasions. Even last Monday at Brizzle he came up with the goods at crucial times and his "one-on-one" save in the dying moments, as well as the save from misplaced back-header by O'Connell secured us the 3 points.

That said, whilst Josh has improved as the season has progressed, so have many other players and they have ALL played their part in getting us to where we are.

I don't remember a season when we have scored from so many superb and unforgettable individual efforts. Hendo's efforts against Cheltenham (A) and Leeds in the FA Cup and then Rose against the Wendies are just 3 that will live in the memory for years and that's not to detract from some of the others.

The Rose consolation goal could have caused me problems. Roy Hattersley was sat behind me and when he started his spluttering when the ball thundered into the net, I thought I might need the RNLI to rescue me !!
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 9:38]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Josh Lillis To Promote Us????? on 09:35 - Apr 24 with 815 viewsdingdangblue

Bunney's goal on Monday was massive for many reasons, it got us level so soon after half time and we'd not scored for so long it must have felt like a huge weight off all the players shoulders - gave us confidence to go and get the winner. Also fate plays such a big part as Bunney was only on the pitch because of Vincenti getting injured.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Josh Lillis To Promote Us????? on 10:51 - Apr 24 with 729 viewslurker

Josh Lillis To Promote Us????? on 09:35 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

Bunney's goal on Monday was massive for many reasons, it got us level so soon after half time and we'd not scored for so long it must have felt like a huge weight off all the players shoulders - gave us confidence to go and get the winner. Also fate plays such a big part as Bunney was only on the pitch because of Vincenti getting injured.

Said that to my mate at the game. When Bunney's shot hit the back of the net you could see the blood start to run through the veins of the team from that moment on.

Confidence is a very strange thing. It does not discriminate against anyone based on ability. Even the most ubertalented footballers have been made to look shite because they were short of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024