Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND 20:00 - Apr 24 with 3920 viewsizzitme

Fortunately out of the top 4 we have the least pressure, in terms of opposition needing to win. Hope it helps, but "it's a funny old game".
1) Dale. v Cheltenham who have nothing to gain except pride. And we are at home for the last home game of a wonderful season.
2) Scunny. v Exeter who remain in the relegation dog fight, needing points for real safety, and Exeter are at home.
3) Chesterfield. v Burton who are safe in the playoffs and would need snooker scores and 2 wins to get to automatic. And Chesterfield are at home.
4) Fleetwood. v Southend, who cannot get to automatic but safely in playoffs. And the Cod army are at home.
PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 20:03 - Apr 24 with 3157 viewsTalkingSutty

Thought Chesterfield were away?
PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 20:27 - Apr 24 with 3069 viewspnc4eva1

Burton are at home and it is almost a derby match so that should spice things up a little. Also Burton will want to maintain form and get the best from the play offs by finishing as high as they can.

Southend will not want to lose against a team who could be a play off rival. As above they will want to finish the season on a high taking form into the playoffs.

Exeter have been hit and miss at home this year with the emphasis on the miss. They need the points but may not be good enough against the big spenders.

Cheltenham will come to the game on a decent run and hope to put a spanner in the works.

When it boils down to it all Dale can do is stick to their game plan and hope to get a better result than the teams around them

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 20:46 - Apr 24 with 3020 viewsizzitme

Silly me.
Chesterfield are away.Thankyou.
PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 20:48 - Apr 24 with 3012 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Pressure gonna drop on you.
PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 20:51 - Apr 24 with 2997 viewsfrenzied

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 20:27 - Apr 24 by pnc4eva1

Burton are at home and it is almost a derby match so that should spice things up a little. Also Burton will want to maintain form and get the best from the play offs by finishing as high as they can.

Southend will not want to lose against a team who could be a play off rival. As above they will want to finish the season on a high taking form into the playoffs.

Exeter have been hit and miss at home this year with the emphasis on the miss. They need the points but may not be good enough against the big spenders.

Cheltenham will come to the game on a decent run and hope to put a spanner in the works.

When it boils down to it all Dale can do is stick to their game plan and hope to get a better result than the teams around them

Southend will go for it in an attempt to get to 5th ..this gives them the away leg first in the play offs
PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:05 - Apr 24 with 2960 viewsdingdangblue

The game has been moved to Sunday because Burton share their Stewards with Derby who are also at home on the Saturday. Not ideal for us as there is a chance we may have to wait till Sunday to know our fate depending o the Fleetwood result. Should be a sellout at Burton as they are giving out play off vouchers. No pressure on Burton so hopefully they can do us a favour should we need it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:08 - Apr 24 with 2952 viewsTVOS1907

Cheltenham have won two of their last ten!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:16 - Apr 24 with 2923 viewsR17ALE

When will our supporters ever learn about the FG's?

Do not tempt fate.

Worry about us v Cheltenham. Focus on beating them and nowt else matters.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:19 - Apr 24 with 2913 viewsmacro

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:16 - Apr 24 by R17ALE

Do not tempt fate.

Well said
PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:22 - Apr 24 with 2897 viewsdingdangblue

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:08 - Apr 24 by TVOS1907

Cheltenham have won two of their last ten!

I suppose you can tinker with stats depending on the point you are trying to get across. You could say Cheltenham have won 2 in 10 or you could also say they are unbeaten in 3 away winning 2 of them! Likewise you could say Dale have won 1 in the last 5 games (negative) or we have won 5 of our last 9 (being positive).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:26 - Apr 24 with 2885 viewsR17ALE

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:22 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

I suppose you can tinker with stats depending on the point you are trying to get across. You could say Cheltenham have won 2 in 10 or you could also say they are unbeaten in 3 away winning 2 of them! Likewise you could say Dale have won 1 in the last 5 games (negative) or we have won 5 of our last 9 (being positive).

I know you like to follow trends DDB, but they do actually mean fook all!

If you'd tossed a coin 5 times and they all came up heads I know you'd go for tails on the 6th toss, because you're you!

But the probability of heads on the 6th toss is still 50/50.

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:27 - Apr 24 with 2878 viewsTVOS1907

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:22 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

I know, but my post was in response to 'Cheltenham are on a decent run'.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 21:30]

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:27 - Apr 24 with 2875 viewsTVOS1907

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:16 - Apr 24 by R17ALE

Do not tempt fate.

This

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:41 - Apr 24 with 2817 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:27 - Apr 24 by TVOS1907

I know, but my post was in response to 'Cheltenham are on a decent run'.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 21:30]

You little stats tinkerer...
PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:53 - Apr 24 with 2777 viewsdingdangblue

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:26 - Apr 24 by R17ALE

I know you like to follow trends DDB, but they do actually mean fook all!

If you'd tossed a coin 5 times and they all came up heads I know you'd go for tails on the 6th toss, because you're you!

But the probability of heads on the 6th toss is still 50/50.

I hope to god you are right R17 : as the trend is that we don't beat Cheltenham very often at Spotland.

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 22:00 - Apr 24 with 2741 viewsR17ALE

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 21:53 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

I hope to god you are right R17 : as the trend is that we don't beat Cheltenham very often at Spotland.

That might be true. But how many times has this XI played the current Cheltenham XI at Spotland?

The answer is never. So what happens on Saturday will be a first. It's 50/50. Previous matches mean fook all.

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 22:03 - Apr 24 with 2726 viewsTVOS1907

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 22:00 - Apr 24 by R17ALE

That might be true. But how many times has this XI played the current Cheltenham XI at Spotland?

The answer is never. So what happens on Saturday will be a first. It's 50/50. Previous matches mean fook all.

Correct.

We had a trend of losing to Portsmouth before last month, for example.

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 23:00 - Apr 24 with 2601 viewsolympicdale

I would guess the OP doesn't remember Darlo at home in the promotion season...NOTHING is guaranteed, it is up to us to win and let everyone worry about us.

Life is a game of fate.

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 23:05 - Apr 24 with 2587 viewsMIlnrowdale

Dale. v Cheltenham who have nothing to gain except pride. And we are at home for the last home game of a wonderful season.

best place to be for a home game........at home
PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 23:07 - Apr 24 with 2586 viewsD_Alien

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 22:00 - Apr 24 by R17ALE

You're dead right about the coin tossing being 50/50, but I doubt the bookies would give you evens on both a Dale or Cheltenham win!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 23:37 - Apr 24 with 2545 viewsSuddenLad

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 22:03 - Apr 24 by TVOS1907

Correct.

We had a trend of losing to Portsmouth before last month, for example.

Nor had we ever beaten Leeds United or Huddersfield...............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 23:38 - Apr 24 with 2542 viewsdingdangblue

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 23:07 - Apr 24 by D_Alien

You're dead right about the coin tossing being 50/50, but I doubt the bookies would give you evens on both a Dale or Cheltenham win!

It can't be 50/50 if there are 3 possible outcomes.

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 00:34 - Apr 25 with 2499 viewsnordenblue

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 23:38 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

It can't be 50/50 if there are 3 possible outcomes.

Theres only 2 sides to a coin, id say 50/50 is a fair reflection.
Bookies could also quote you evens for all 3 eventualities
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 0:47]
PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 08:35 - Apr 25 with 2330 viewsdingdangblue

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 00:34 - Apr 25 by nordenblue

Theres only 2 sides to a coin, id say 50/50 is a fair reflection.
Bookies could also quote you evens for all 3 eventualities
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 0:47]

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, the 50/50 comment wasn't in relation to the coin toss. It was in relation to R17 saying Saturdays game was 50/50 when it isn't, because there are 3 possible results.

PRESSURE THIS WEEKEND on 09:02 - Apr 25 with 2291 viewsBarryStrange

Understand the straw clinging about pressure on your opponents but two thoughts on this, one facetious, one otherwise:

1. No pressure on Mansfield a couple of weeks back and that went well.
2. There are no pressure free end of season games for a lot of footballers now. Looking at Cheltenham, or both teams at Bury v Pompey, there are individuals who stand to be out of a job in a few weeks in both sides. They are playing for contracts and that is as big a motivator as anyone needs.

That said, Cheltenham were utter donkey balls at Gigg - we beat them 4-1 with Blackwell in charge. So I can't see you not dragging yourselves over the line tomorrow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024