Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nooooooo 19:07 - Jun 24 with 1735 viewsDaley_Lama

2 balls left.

Poll: DF in or out

Nooooooo on 19:12 - Jun 24 with 1722 viewsmacro

Arse arse arse arse can't believe that. Feel for Moeen what an innings
Nooooooo on 19:15 - Jun 24 with 1713 viewsmoth5368

Amazing finishes to both tests & we come up short in both. Nooooooo
Nooooooo on 19:30 - Jun 24 with 1669 viewsNigeriamark

Nooooooo on 19:15 - Jun 24 by moth5368

Amazing finishes to both tests & we come up short in both. Nooooooo

What a week for English sport. Last minute loss in this game, Whitewashed by the all blacks and out of the world cup after 2 games

Things can only get better !!!
Nooooooo on 19:48 - Jun 24 with 1632 viewsD_Alien

Yessssss

Any other result would've been a travesty, and might have given the hierarchy an excuse for inaction.

And yes, I know Sri Lanka got away 9 down at Lord's, and yes, we know that was due to Cook's lack of bottle in declaring.

Oddly enough, I had a premonition Moeen Ali would score 108 runs. I hope it allows him enough scope to keep his place, because without it I'm almost certain the selectors would've ditched him and made another bollox of a promising test-class player's career

Well done Sri Lanka

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nooooooo on 20:01 - Jun 24 with 1599 viewsTalkingSutty

Nooooooo on 19:48 - Jun 24 by D_Alien

Yessssss

Any other result would've been a travesty, and might have given the hierarchy an excuse for inaction.

And yes, I know Sri Lanka got away 9 down at Lord's, and yes, we know that was due to Cook's lack of bottle in declaring.

Oddly enough, I had a premonition Moeen Ali would score 108 runs. I hope it allows him enough scope to keep his place, because without it I'm almost certain the selectors would've ditched him and made another bollox of a promising test-class player's career

Well done Sri Lanka

Agree with that, it was a shambles of a performance from England and well done to SL they deserved that win. Your point about giving the hierarchy an excuse for inaction is spot on.
Nooooooo on 20:06 - Jun 24 with 1587 viewsD_Alien

Nooooooo on 20:01 - Jun 24 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that, it was a shambles of a performance from England and well done to SL they deserved that win. Your point about giving the hierarchy an excuse for inaction is spot on.

They hardly need an excuse though, and I'm afraid that's what we'll get.

Interviewed at the end of C5 highlights, Alistair Cook gave the best (worst) "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth" performance I've ever seen. That'll be enough to keep the selectors happy, ffs...

Nooooooo on 13:02 - Jul 31 with 1351 viewsColDale

Excellent performance all round by England. Couple of lucky breaks whilst batting but key thing was we punished them for those mistakes.

Tough call for MOTM. Some great individual displays by Cook. Ali, Bell, Buttler and Jimmy.
Nooooooo on 13:52 - Jul 31 with 1215 viewsD_Alien

Nooooooo on 13:02 - Jul 31 by ColDale

Excellent performance all round by England. Couple of lucky breaks whilst batting but key thing was we punished them for those mistakes.

Tough call for MOTM. Some great individual displays by Cook. Ali, Bell, Buttler and Jimmy.

Superb allround team performance and I like the way Cooky came out fighting and adopted a more proactive approach both in his batting and captaincy. It's a shame that we had to sink to a pretty low level for this to happen, but then again cricket seems to move in cycles and even the Aussies had their low point before coming good again.

Signs are that we're turning the corner now too, with some very good players coming through in Ballance, Buttler and my favourite player... Moeen Ali. Thrilled that he's picked up a significant haul because the lad's a high class cricketer and looks like he's got some character and guts too.

[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 13:55]

Login to get fewer ads

Nooooooo on 14:33 - Jul 31 with 1128 viewsDySporting

Having met Moeen during visits to watch Worcestershire at new road, he comes across as a really nice fella. Always willing to sign kids bats and very well thought of by the coaches. Delighted he did so well.
Nooooooo on 17:36 - Jul 31 with 956 viewsSaxonDale

Nooooooo on 14:33 - Jul 31 by DySporting

Having met Moeen during visits to watch Worcestershire at new road, he comes across as a really nice fella. Always willing to sign kids bats and very well thought of by the coaches. Delighted he did so well.

Played for my local cricket team in Birmingham about 10 years ago, really genuine guy and hopefully will be in the test team for some years to come.
Nooooooo on 18:56 - Jul 31 with 849 viewsArthurDaley

Nooooooo on 17:36 - Jul 31 by SaxonDale

Played for my local cricket team in Birmingham about 10 years ago, really genuine guy and hopefully will be in the test team for some years to come.

Could always get a sponsorship with Gillette.

A large VAT Dave

Nooooooo on 19:06 - Jul 31 with 827 viewsD_Alien

Nooooooo on 18:56 - Jul 31 by ArthurDaley

Could always get a sponsorship with Gillette.

Funnily enough, I love his beard!

If we're going to get along as an integrated society, guys like Moeen are the future and whilst I'm no fan of islam if that's his way of life then fine, let him be the type of role model that'll encourage young moslems to see themselves as English rather than England as the enemy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024