Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan 21:03 - Jul 15 with 39942 viewsmacro

Reportedly dale have accepted a 750k offer from brentford. We'll see if true. This does come from a couple of twitter feeds.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2014 21:13]
Hogan on 14:12 - Jul 21 with 4025 viewsoff2div1

True good old students

Hogan on 16:01 - Jul 21 with 3853 viewsfitzochris

Hogan on 22:33 - Jul 20 by fitzochris

Hibs are indeed confident of getting Hallam Hope on loan, I am told.

We will see.

Hope to Hibs now looking a cert, unfortunately.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hogan on 16:03 - Jul 21 with 3843 viewsSaxonDale

Hogan on 16:01 - Jul 21 by fitzochris

It's the Hope that kills you.
Hogan on 18:12 - Jul 21 with 3657 viewsoff2div1

Looks like we have no HOPE.
Hogan on 19:54 - Jul 21 with 3401 viewsfitzochris

There's always George Waring.

Hogan on 20:01 - Jul 21 with 3380 viewsSuddenLad

Hogan on 19:54 - Jul 21 by fitzochris

There's always George Waring.

or Eddie

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hogan on 20:05 - Jul 21 with 3363 viewsfitzochris

Hogan on 20:01 - Jul 21 by SuddenLad

or Eddie

Haha. Aye. It'll be a knockout if we don't sign someone. But seriously, I think George was the other player mentioned along with Hallam Hope, whenever it was that Sweetcorn first spilled the beans. Sweetcorn, beans - too much food.

Hogan on 20:13 - Jul 21 with 3332 views442Dale

Hogan on 20:05 - Jul 21 by fitzochris

Haha. Aye. It'll be a knockout if we don't sign someone. But seriously, I think George was the other player mentioned along with Hallam Hope, whenever it was that Sweetcorn first spilled the beans. Sweetcorn, beans - too much food.

Is there a rule that all players called George get called "George" most of the time?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Hogan on 20:34 - Jul 21 with 3270 viewsTVOS1907

Hogan on 20:01 - Jul 21 by SuddenLad

or Eddie

These puns are waring thin.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hogan on 20:34 - Jul 21 with 3267 viewsfitzochris

Hogan on 20:13 - Jul 21 by 442Dale

Is there a rule that all players called George get called "George" most of the time?

Be it Curious or Gorgeous, it seems natural somehow.

Hogan on 22:40 - Jul 22 with 2972 viewsfitzochris

Came on as a sub for Everton v Tranmere tonight and apparently turned in a MOM performance. Really hope he is bound for Spotland.

Hogan on 23:03 - Jul 22 with 2907 viewsD_Alien

Hogan on 22:40 - Jul 22 by fitzochris

Came on as a sub for Everton v Tranmere tonight and apparently turned in a MOM performance. Really hope he is bound for Spotland.

He'll be certain to get a deal tied up somewhere soon.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hogan on 01:20 - Jul 23 with 2811 viewsdingdangblue

Hopefully the player himself, and Everton will want him to stay a bit closer to home than Scotland, we play football the right way and Hillys record of nurturing forwards is incredible. Hopefully Graham Barrow will do Hilly a favour and put in a good word also. Hope has has success on loan already in lge2 - Im sure Everton will want the player to progress at a better standard - so that rules out the SPL.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hogan on 06:41 - Jul 23 with 2737 viewsfitzochris

Hogan on 01:20 - Jul 23 by dingdangblue

Hopefully the player himself, and Everton will want him to stay a bit closer to home than Scotland, we play football the right way and Hillys record of nurturing forwards is incredible. Hopefully Graham Barrow will do Hilly a favour and put in a good word also. Hope has has success on loan already in lge2 - Im sure Everton will want the player to progress at a better standard - so that rules out the SPL.

Hibs are in the Scottish Championship now, along with Rangers and Hearts. Plus Alan Stubbs is manager there, who Hope will know well. Dunno if that's enough to sway either him or Everton.

As you say, on the other side of the coin, we are a progressive club that gives young players a chance and we play football the right way. We are based close to where Hope lives too. Not sure how Barrow fits into the mix though, as he's at Wigan :)

Today is the day Mightydale said all will be revealed. Let's Hope it's good news.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 7:05]

Hogan on 07:16 - Jul 23 with 2698 viewsTVOS1907

I'm obviously missing something here, but what would this deal, if it's happening, have to do with Barrow?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hogan on 08:56 - Jul 23 with 2588 viewsdingdangblue

Hogan on 07:16 - Jul 23 by TVOS1907

I'm obviously missing something here, but what would this deal, if it's happening, have to do with Barrow?

Sorry, Barrow and Martinez are very close friends, as are Hill and Barrow, was just thinking if Martinez was wanting to know what Hilly was like he may ask Graham.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hogan on 09:05 - Jul 23 with 2570 viewsTVOS1907

Hogan on 08:56 - Jul 23 by dingdangblue

Sorry, Barrow and Martinez are very close friends, as are Hill and Barrow, was just thinking if Martinez was wanting to know what Hilly was like he may ask Graham.

Apart from Barrow signing Hill 18 years ago, I don't ever recall reading or hearing anything about them being close friends.

I do, however, remember a Hill interview in which he was very critical of his early days as a player at Spotland, particularly having to run up Tandle Hill in pre-season.

If one person wasn't going to do Dale any favours, it will be Barrow and I'm sure Martinez knows all about Hill regardless.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 9:08]

Hogan on 09:30 - Jul 23 with 2517 viewsD_Dale

Born in Manchester, Hope at 20 might prefer not to move to another country for 4/5 months (but I wonder how much say he'll have: when Hogan went, Hill said Dale accepted Brentford's offer because they offered the amount asked - as though Hogan's choice was go to the Bees or stay at Dale).

Martinez - and the player - might prefer the experience of 10,000 crowds (and more at Ibrox when Hibs play Rangers), rather than 3000 at Spotland. And maybe the Scots would cover more of his wages (it's always kept under covers how much the loan club pays). Is the Stubbs connection all that strong - I thought it was a few seasons since he was an Everton player?
Hogan on 09:35 - Jul 23 with 2490 viewssandylaner1

Hogan on 09:38 - Jul 23 with 2475 viewsfitzochris

Hogan on 09:30 - Jul 23 by D_Dale

Born in Manchester, Hope at 20 might prefer not to move to another country for 4/5 months (but I wonder how much say he'll have: when Hogan went, Hill said Dale accepted Brentford's offer because they offered the amount asked - as though Hogan's choice was go to the Bees or stay at Dale).

Martinez - and the player - might prefer the experience of 10,000 crowds (and more at Ibrox when Hibs play Rangers), rather than 3000 at Spotland. And maybe the Scots would cover more of his wages (it's always kept under covers how much the loan club pays). Is the Stubbs connection all that strong - I thought it was a few seasons since he was an Everton player?

The Stubbs Everton connection is strong because he joined Hibs direct from their coaching staff.

Hogan on 09:47 - Jul 23 with 2443 viewsdingdangblue

Hogan on 09:05 - Jul 23 by TVOS1907

Apart from Barrow signing Hill 18 years ago, I don't ever recall reading or hearing anything about them being close friends.

I do, however, remember a Hill interview in which he was very critical of his early days as a player at Spotland, particularly having to run up Tandle Hill in pre-season.

If one person wasn't going to do Dale any favours, it will be Barrow and I'm sure Martinez knows all about Hill regardless.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 9:08]

Im sure you are right.

Hogan on 12:43 - Jul 23 with 2280 viewsColDale

Hogan on 09:30 - Jul 23 by D_Dale

Agree with the other comment that Martinez will be well aware of Hill. I'd have thought six months on loan here under a manager with a proven track record for bringing strikers through would be the best way of nurturing a talent like Hope than in the unknowns of the Scottish Division One, especially given Hill and Martinez will share similar philosophies footballing wise.
Hogan on 13:01 - Jul 23 with 2230 viewsfitzochris

Hogan on 12:43 - Jul 23 by ColDale

Agree with the other comment that Martinez will be well aware of Hill. I'd have thought six months on loan here under a manager with a proven track record for bringing strikers through would be the best way of nurturing a talent like Hope than in the unknowns of the Scottish Division One, especially given Hill and Martinez will share similar philosophies footballing wise.

Hopefully so. I reckon Hope would be the ideal player for us until Hilly can land a similar type of player permanently.

Hogan on 15:16 - Jul 23 with 2001 viewsmightydale

Hogan on 13:01 - Jul 23 by fitzochris

Hopefully so. I reckon Hope would be the ideal player for us until Hilly can land a similar type of player permanently.

With time ticking away it looks like I my source (or what ever you wanna call it) was wrong, knew I'd regect posting it SORRY everyone !!!!

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Hogan on 15:19 - Jul 23 with 1972 viewsfitzochris

Hogan on 15:16 - Jul 23 by mightydale

With time ticking away it looks like I my source (or what ever you wanna call it) was wrong, knew I'd regect posting it SORRY everyone !!!!

While I cling to Hope, it has seemed likely for some time that he is Hibs bound.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024