Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan 21:03 - Jul 15 with 40053 viewsmacro

Reportedly dale have accepted a 750k offer from brentford. We'll see if true. This does come from a couple of twitter feeds.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2014 21:13]
Hogan on 21:16 - Jul 15 with 9752 viewsnordenblue

Couldnt see him going there, surely a bigger stage beckons?
Hogan on 21:21 - Jul 15 with 9689 views442Dale

Hogan on 21:16 - Jul 15 by nordenblue

They've an ambitious owner and a new ground on the horizon. Footballing wise it's probably a better move than Leeds as they're much more stable right now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hogan on 21:26 - Jul 15 with 9617 viewsstigmundo77

Sadly he's offski. He's blatantly being advised he's better off elsewhere.
Based on tonight's score we should spend the money on a centre half and a striker
Hogan on 21:32 - Jul 15 with 9520 viewsnordenblue

Hogan on 21:21 - Jul 15 by 442Dale

They've an ambitious owner and a new ground on the horizon. Footballing wise it's probably a better move than Leeds as they're much more stable right now.

Yes even with that in mind I just thought hed go somewhere quite a lot bigger than Brentford
Hogan on 21:36 - Jul 15 with 9450 viewsD_Alien

Hogan on 21:16 - Jul 15 by nordenblue

If he stays fit, then eventually, yes.

But as a step upwards he could do far worse. Championship newbies, so not as much pressure as he'd feel at a "big" club. If he does well, playing in the capital and having experience of living down there will stand him in good stead.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hogan on 21:38 - Jul 15 with 9437 views442Dale

Hogan on 21:32 - Jul 15 by nordenblue

Yes even with that in mind I just thought hed go somewhere quite a lot bigger than Brentford

Possibly, but he needs to be careful to get it right because either staying or going, it has to be where he's playing and able to produce regularly. As good as he is, that's yet to be proven.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hogan on 21:40 - Jul 15 with 9405 viewsnordenblue

Hogan on 21:38 - Jul 15 by 442Dale

Possibly, but he needs to be careful to get it right because either staying or going, it has to be where he's playing and able to produce regularly. As good as he is, that's yet to be proven.

Hes proven to be one thing, injury prone it would appear
Hogan on 21:43 - Jul 15 with 9352 viewsfitzochris

He was going to go eventually, it was just a matter of when and where. Hopefully, if the fee is right, Hilly's budget for next season will increase.

Sounds like we still need a centre half, defensive mid and, of course, someone to replace Hogan.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Hogan on 21:47 - Jul 15 with 9302 viewsRotherhamDale

Not actually bothered to be fair.

Possession with progression.

Hogan on 21:58 - Jul 15 with 9154 viewsD_Alien

Hogan on 21:47 - Jul 15 by RotherhamDale

Not actually bothered to be fair.

I am.

£750k plus potential for more is fantastic business for the Dale.

If he stays and breaks down again it'd be a massive waste.

Hogan on 22:02 - Jul 15 with 9123 viewsRotherhamDale

Hogan on 21:58 - Jul 15 by D_Alien

I am.

You know what I mean!

Possession with progression.

Hogan on 22:04 - Jul 15 with 9097 viewsdalestar

Hogan on 21:58 - Jul 15 by D_Alien

I am.

It seems he has his heart set on going?? I think given a run of games young Camps could well be the jewel in the crown!!! I've followed his progress for sometime and this lad is the real deal!! Take the money and invest in the defence!!
Hogan on 22:06 - Jul 15 with 9071 viewsnordenblue

Hogan on 22:04 - Jul 15 by dalestar

It seems he has his heart set on going?? I think given a run of games young Camps could well be the jewel in the crown!!! I've followed his progress for sometime and this lad is the real deal!! Take the money and invest in the defence!!

Someone to score a few goals wouldn't go a miss either im guessing, the front line would look very toothless without him regardless how we did last season during his time out of the side.We are woefully short of an out and out striker who knows where the net is
Hogan on 22:07 - Jul 15 with 9053 viewsmightydale

Totally agree 750K for a season which he was half injured for is a good deal.

If rumour if truth of course
[Post edited 15 Jul 2014 22:09]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Hogan on 22:11 - Jul 15 with 8984 viewsboromat

I have a feeling its more his agent that has his heart on Hogan going. Hogan has been offered a new deal at Dale which will be a reasonable offer that will give him the opportunity to develop in an environment that he knows and he fits in to well. The only reason to move would be money but it would be a risk in terms of his football. Saying that Brentford play the game the right way and would be a better choice than Leeds.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hogan on 22:46 - Jul 15 with 8654 viewsDaleFan7

Losing him would be a massive blow, especially as we are up in division this year. We have no one else that can score goals consistently and what are the chances of getting 2 players like him in 2 seasons? I'd be very worried if we had to go through this season with Donnelly as one of our main strikers.

However the move would make sense for him, he'd be playing in the championship which I think his level of ability is at the moment and at a team like Brentford there is no pressure on them to do anything in that division. He would most likely start for them too which would be better than sitting on a team like Leed's bench.
Hogan on 22:48 - Jul 15 with 8636 viewsolympicdale

Hogan on 22:11 - Jul 15 by boromat

I have a feeling its more his agent that has his heart on Hogan going. Hogan has been offered a new deal at Dale which will be a reasonable offer that will give him the opportunity to develop in an environment that he knows and he fits in to well. The only reason to move would be money but it would be a risk in terms of his football. Saying that Brentford play the game the right way and would be a better choice than Leeds.

I'm really thinking this is the work of his agent, wouldn't be surprised to hear the "Brentford deny Hogan bid" headline soon. If it is true and we have accepted, I'd be a tad disappointed, I know it's a great deal financially, but after hearing all the stuff about not being a selling club, financially stable, not needing to sell Scotty etc, I'd feel a bit let down.

Life is a game of fate.

Hogan on 22:48 - Jul 15 with 8616 viewsD_Alien

Hogan on 22:02 - Jul 15 by RotherhamDale

You know what I mean!

Yup, and I agree. Had a few stand-out moments but somehow I never felt he did enough for long enough to have the same place in our Dale hearts as a Holt, a Lambert or a Dawson.

Even when he scored with the glancing header against Leeds, it was Hendo who took the limelight with his volley.

If the deal fell through and he stayed another year, it could be different.

Hogan on 22:52 - Jul 15 with 8595 viewsTalkingSutty

Funny you should say that because Camp came on at the Shay tonight and looked very good, although that wasn't difficult in what was a careless, lacklustre performance. Glad I saw McGinty again he confirmed what I thought at Fylde, reminds me of lower league centre backs from another era.
Would be good to get the Hogan situation sorted out as quickly as possible, the Brentford move suits everybody I think.
Hogan on 23:05 - Jul 15 with 8493 viewsTVOS1907

Hogan on 22:48 - Jul 15 by olympicdale

I'm really thinking this is the work of his agent, wouldn't be surprised to hear the "Brentford deny Hogan bid" headline soon. If it is true and we have accepted, I'd be a tad disappointed, I know it's a great deal financially, but after hearing all the stuff about not being a selling club, financially stable, not needing to sell Scotty etc, I'd feel a bit let down.

Dale will always needs to sell, whatever they say in public.

Contract extensions for the likes of Henderson, Vincenti, Lillis, etc, don't grow on trees.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hogan on 23:08 - Jul 15 with 8466 viewsD_Alien

Hogan on 23:05 - Jul 15 by TVOS1907

Dale will always needs to sell, whatever they say in public.

Contract extensions for the likes of Henderson, Vincenti, Lillis, etc, don't grow on trees.

Hmmm... not sure about that TVOS - are we doing e-extensions now?

Hogan on 23:43 - Jul 15 with 8300 viewsmacro

It's the only way for dale to survive, they've this extra stability at the mo from promotion plus sell ons for lambert and le fondre. But long term players have to move on to keep this income stream going.
Hogan on 23:55 - Jul 15 with 8232 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hogan on 23:43 - Jul 15 by macro

It's the only way for dale to survive, they've this extra stability at the mo from promotion plus sell ons for lambert and le fondre. But long term players have to move on to keep this income stream going.

Yes,it's inevitable as night follows day.

We will have dark "Coleman era" times ahead.
(No subject) (n/t) on 01:26 - Jul 16 with 8046 viewsAtThePeake

Tangled up in blue.

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:27 - Jul 16 with 8046 viewsAtThePeake

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024