Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan 21:03 - Jul 15 with 40063 viewsmacro

Reportedly dale have accepted a 750k offer from brentford. We'll see if true. This does come from a couple of twitter feeds.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2014 21:13]
Hogan on 18:18 - Jul 16 with 5149 viewsisitme

Hogan on 17:01 - Jul 16 by electricblue

If its true then with the hogan money and the sell ons with alfie n lambert dale are flush..
And the last thing is clubs knowing that Dale have money thus increase any players value accordingly...

Hogan goes....!
Dale require a Left Back....Centre Half......Striker....centre mid.....

Just hope that lunds agent is not doing the same as hogans.......

I would agree that we could do with an experienced holding midfielder and if Hogan goes another striker. I would also like a pacey wide player.

Surely with Done, Rose and Tanser we are well served at left back and Lancashire, Eastham, McGinty and Bennett give us plenty of options at centre back. Although he supposedly didn't play well last night Hilly must have seen something in McGinty during the end of last season to warrant signing him.
Hogan on 18:38 - Jul 16 with 5067 viewsTalkingSutty

Hogan on 18:01 - Jul 16 by leagueone

Totally agree, the club has invested in the youth for the last few years and now we are seeing the dividends of this. Allen, Diba-Musangu, Camps, Tanser and Cannon are all coming through. They wouldnt be in the first team squad if they werent deemed good enough. Camps especially looks like he has the quality to go on to be another Hogan if not better. Lets have a bit of trust in our home grown players. Hilly certainly does.

Agree, we have to keep blooding the kids and if we see one or two break through and flourish what's the worst can happen this season?
If the Hogan deal goes through its great business for a player who has yet to complete a full season in the football league,its how we survive and flourish on 2500 gates. If players want to move on then get it sorted as soon as possible.

Bring in a few new faces and phase in some of the kids, all mixed in with the talented players we already have and that's the ingredients for a good cake. The ace up our sleeve is having Hilly as manager, he gets it right most of the time.
Hogan on 21:25 - Jul 16 with 4610 viewsYouTubeDale

If it's true he is going then £750k can go a long way for the likes of Dale. Hilly will have his targets and I am sure he will use the money wisely.

Injury prone, but surely there was much more to come from Hogan. On his day a very exciting player.

http://the72.co.uk/10020/brentford-agree-fee-for-scott-hogan/

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hogan on 22:01 - Jul 16 with 4474 views100notout

Overall I hope this is true.

His head has been turned, his heart isn't in Rochdale AFC, we did ok a lot of the time without him last season and he's not irreplaceable.

Best that he goes now before the start of the season and with plenty of time to get a replacement.

£750k is decent money, a fair chunk can be made available to Hilly for investment in the squad and the rest will ensure theres cash in the kitty for emergencies - no forced sales and we can sell players if we want to, when we want to and most importantly on OUR terms

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Hogan on 22:21 - Jul 16 with 4374 viewsSwissdale

It would be sad to see him go, but £750k is fantastic money. More than double what we got for Holt and Lambert is good business for a player with one season in pro football. Don't blame Scott if he does indeed want out, we've released him once before so he owes us no loyalty.

Not sure we would be able to find a replacement who is quite as good, but the extra cash should allow us to recruit a decent striker. If Lund left before the start of the season that would be a much bigger blow.
Hogan on 23:18 - Jul 16 with 4241 viewsKenBoon

We'll only know if £750k is a good price when/if Scunthorpe sell Winnall and how much they get for him.
Hogan on 03:47 - Jul 17 with 4098 viewsJumeirahDale

Seems like a relatively fair value to me for a player with one season under his belt, who has had a bad injury and has the occasional rash challenge. I'm saying that under the assumption that his potential future value has been reflected with the usual addons, as Scott clearly has huge promise and a natural goalscoring ability.

Nice to see that Brentford went about this relatively honorably - glad "the boy" didn't end up at Posh with that bellend Ferguson.
Hogan on 12:54 - Jul 17 with 3627 viewsTomRAFC

I honestly see Bennett stepping up to the holding role.

We need a replacement for Hogan if he goes. A proven scorer preferably but they are hard to come by.

I am happy with the rest of midfield and see Tanser playing a bigger role this season as back up for Rose.

A centre back partner for Lancashire would be nice. I see Eastham as consistent but we will need someone of an O'Connell class to avoid leaking goals.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Hogan on 14:15 - Jul 17 with 3418 viewsSuddenLad

I would hope it would be £750k for Dale and a 20% sell-on clause on any future profit. Mr. Garlick has a good track record when off-loading Dale players, so I hope this is another instance of sound business.

After all, it safeguards the future of the club based on previous deals.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hogan on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 3258 viewsRalphs12

Hogan on 12:54 - Jul 17 by TomRAFC

I honestly see Bennett stepping up to the holding role.

We need a replacement for Hogan if he goes. A proven scorer preferably but they are hard to come by.

I am happy with the rest of midfield and see Tanser playing a bigger role this season as back up for Rose.

A centre back partner for Lancashire would be nice. I see Eastham as consistent but we will need someone of an O'Connell class to avoid leaking goals.

Has Bennett played in that role under Hill I can't remember
Hogan on 16:17 - Jul 17 with 3118 views100notout

I see Brentford have signed Alex Pritchard - apparently he's an attacking midfielder who was on loan there last season

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Hogan on 16:27 - Jul 17 with 3081 viewsTomRAFC

Hogan on 15:25 - Jul 17 by Ralphs12

Has Bennett played in that role under Hill I can't remember

Only a few times.

He sort of played the Dicker role hopping from what looked like a sweeper up to the sort of Cav anchorman role when needed. Either that or he was just playing centre back and getting a bit carried away.

Might fit well with the 5 at the back with wingbacks Hilly seems to be trialling in pre-season.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 16:35]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Hogan on 18:26 - Jul 17 with 2823 viewsChaffRAFC

Hogan on 16:27 - Jul 17 by TomRAFC

Only a few times.

He sort of played the Dicker role hopping from what looked like a sweeper up to the sort of Cav anchorman role when needed. Either that or he was just playing centre back and getting a bit carried away.

Might fit well with the 5 at the back with wingbacks Hilly seems to be trialling in pre-season.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 16:35]

Not sure he has played there under Hill. He's only played the role deliberately against AFC Wimbledon from what I can remember and that was under Coleman I think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hogan on 19:32 - Jul 17 with 2655 views442Dale

Hogan on 18:26 - Jul 17 by ChaffRAFC

Not sure he has played there under Hill. He's only played the role deliberately against AFC Wimbledon from what I can remember and that was under Coleman I think.

Yep. He then swapped positions with Phil Edwards the next game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hogan on 09:16 - Jul 18 with 2176 viewsDale1940

Seems to be taking a long time to agree terms , maybe it isnt as tempting as it would appear , as he would have to pay £87000 p.a. tax and nic on £5000 pw wage and when you add on increased cost of accomodation and cost of living, the difference is probably not that great
Hogan on 09:44 - Jul 18 with 2123 viewsfitzochris

The OS is going to be publishing an interview with Hilly soon. Perhaps we'll get more answers then.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hogan on 09:58 - Jul 18 with 2090 viewsDale23years

Hogan on 09:16 - Jul 18 by Dale1940

Seems to be taking a long time to agree terms , maybe it isnt as tempting as it would appear , as he would have to pay £87000 p.a. tax and nic on £5000 pw wage and when you add on increased cost of accomodation and cost of living, the difference is probably not that great

Its a done deal but cant sign for them till hill gets the players he wants
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 10:06]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Hogan on 10:16 - Jul 18 with 2036 viewsbuckbyname

There seems to be a lot of speculative comment about this "it's his agent" "he wants away" "his heads been turned". Nothing but guessing. However if he wants/has/needs to go £750k even with add-ons is not enough in today's market. Dale have produced a lot of good players and the one constant over the years is that they are always sold too cheaply.
Hogan on 10:24 - Jul 18 with 2015 viewsD_Alien

Hogan on 10:16 - Jul 18 by buckbyname

There seems to be a lot of speculative comment about this "it's his agent" "he wants away" "his heads been turned". Nothing but guessing. However if he wants/has/needs to go £750k even with add-ons is not enough in today's market. Dale have produced a lot of good players and the one constant over the years is that they are always sold too cheaply.

The one constant over the years is that some Dale fans will moan, whatever happens.

£750k +++ is a very good deal for Dale for a player who might not make it through his next serious tackle.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hogan on 10:26 - Jul 18 with 2010 viewsdalefan

I think the one thing that everyone seems to agree on is that £750k is a very reasonable price for someone who has only played one season in league football especially with the addons we will get
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 10:27]
Hogan on 10:26 - Jul 18 with 2005 viewsMass_Debater

Maybe we could let him go for free next summer instead.
Hogan on 10:28 - Jul 18 with 1993 viewsdingdangblue

I have been as critical as anyone on here over Dale underselling players in the past - but 750k + extras is a great deal for us. As great as Hogan was for us - the injuries he picked up were a worry - and his agent touting him around every 6 months cant be helpful for Hilly. Take the money and move on.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hogan on 10:41 - Jul 18 with 1954 viewsChaffRAFC

I agree that in the past we've sold players far too cheaply. I nearly cried when I saw that Grant Holt went to Nottingham Forest for £300k and to lose Alfie for £150k hurt as well. Sometimes we've had no choice.

That said, £750k for a player that nobody expected to have such an impact is a brilliant fee. Last year was his first professional contract, lets not forget. I reckon the add ons will take the deal to nearer £1million which is a phenominal return for the reasons I've mentioned.

I suppose we'll only know if we've let him go too cheaply if/when Sam Winnall leaves Scunthorpe.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hogan on 10:43 - Jul 18 with 1937 viewsfitzochris

Hogan on 10:41 - Jul 18 by ChaffRAFC

I agree that in the past we've sold players far too cheaply. I nearly cried when I saw that Grant Holt went to Nottingham Forest for £300k and to lose Alfie for £150k hurt as well. Sometimes we've had no choice.

That said, £750k for a player that nobody expected to have such an impact is a brilliant fee. Last year was his first professional contract, lets not forget. I reckon the add ons will take the deal to nearer £1million which is a phenominal return for the reasons I've mentioned.

I suppose we'll only know if we've let him go too cheaply if/when Sam Winnall leaves Scunthorpe.

Agree with that.

Does anyone know what Hilly has said on Dale Player with regards to this... if anything?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hogan on 10:49 - Jul 18 with 1902 viewsisitme

With our crowds we will always have to be a selling club.

Hogan is a good player and did well last season, although he missed a number of games through injury and remember Kevin Townson.

The Le Fondre fee was derisory but at the time we needed the money and Dagnall was keeping him out of the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024