Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill - Post Wigan 16:39 - Jul 20 with 2940 viewsRotherhamDale

For a change, he's going on about how he won't overspend at the club, and that the supporters should be appreciative of that fact.

We are Keith, now change the record please.

Possession with progression.

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:07 - Jul 20 with 2701 viewsfitzochris

What else does he say?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:24 - Jul 20 with 2627 viewsRotherhamDale

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:07 - Jul 20 by fitzochris

What else does he say?

That's about it really. The performance pleased him and then he went off on one about overspending.

Possession with progression.

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:26 - Jul 20 with 2616 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Leave him be....he's doing a fantastic job.

Needs to let off steam sometimes,just frustrated.
Hill - Post Wigan on 18:27 - Jul 20 with 2611 views442Dale

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:24 - Jul 20 by RotherhamDale

That's about it really. The performance pleased him and then he went off on one about overspending.

Which makes the situation at Bury even more difficult to comprehend. What sort of conversations does he have with Flitcroft when they discuss their relative approaches to squad building?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:28 - Jul 20 with 2605 viewsfitzochris

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:24 - Jul 20 by RotherhamDale

Well, I guess we can't overspend a potential £1.2 million we didn't legislate for. There is more than enough there to replace Hogan, strengthen elsewhere and safeguard the club for a good few years.

Maybe Hilly is warning other clubs that we won't be held to ransom.

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:39 - Jul 20 with 2550 viewsColDale

Reading between the lines, it sounds like he has missed out on a couple of potential signings where players have gone elsewhere for more money. He's absolutely right to stick to the script, and our need to make every signing a bargain does not go away just because we've got a few quid in the bank.

The wealth of talent we've got coming through is astonishing.
Diba
Rafferty
Tanser
Allen
Hery
Camps
Hogan
Bunney
Muldoon

They've all made or will make their professional debut with Dale. Hill said on Friday that we should be a blue print for every club in the country. If every club had a Keith Hill in charge, we'd win the World Cup every time.
Hill - Post Wigan on 18:52 - Jul 20 with 2482 viewsfitzochris

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:39 - Jul 20 by ColDale

Reading between the lines, it sounds like he has missed out on a couple of potential signings where players have gone elsewhere for more money. He's absolutely right to stick to the script, and our need to make every signing a bargain does not go away just because we've got a few quid in the bank.

The wealth of talent we've got coming through is astonishing.
Diba
Rafferty
Tanser
Allen
Hery
Camps
Hogan
Bunney
Muldoon

They've all made or will make their professional debut with Dale. Hill said on Friday that we should be a blue print for every club in the country. If every club had a Keith Hill in charge, we'd win the World Cup every time.

That's absolutely true, but we're not overspending if we can afford to bring in additional experienced players that will add to those listed.

I wouldn't say we need to start offering massive wages, or paying stupid transfer fees or anything.

I genuinely believe of those listed there, at least two will bring us a similar, if not bigger, fee than the one we will reportedly receive for Hogan.

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:55 - Jul 20 with 2458 views442Dale

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:52 - Jul 20 by fitzochris

That's absolutely true, but we're not overspending if we can afford to bring in additional experienced players that will add to those listed.

I wouldn't say we need to start offering massive wages, or paying stupid transfer fees or anything.

I genuinely believe of those listed there, at least two will bring us a similar, if not bigger, fee than the one we will reportedly receive for Hogan.

There's definitely real money making potential in Allen, Hery and Diba.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Hill - Post Wigan on 18:57 - Jul 20 with 2450 viewsColDale

There was talk of Tom Eaves going to MK Dons yesterday. I know he's been talked about on here in the past, but I wonder whether he might be someone who would be on Hill's radar. Given Hill's track record with strikers, he'd be pissed off at any player who knocked him back for higher wages.
Hill - Post Wigan on 21:35 - Jul 21 with 1824 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Speaking of changing the record....how was the pre-match entertainment on Saturday..?
Hill - Post Wigan on 08:31 - Jul 22 with 1610 viewsseasidedale

I remember Hill getting annoyed over a player we tried to sign last time we were promoted who joined another club who offered him £5 a week more wages, Hilly thought he could make him a championship player
Hill - Post Wigan on 11:05 - Jul 22 with 1506 viewsJumeirahDale

With all due respect to the OP, I'd rather Hilly didn't change the record. He should be banging the drum on overspending to every media source he has access to, and more managers should be doing the same. Football is broken, and nobody wants to admit it. Good on Hilly for not giving up.
Hill - Post Wigan on 14:56 - Jul 22 with 1347 viewsTomRAFC

I don't want to see him change either. It's great to see a manager with great tactical and player management skills as well as a good financial head.

Our last two managers had neither.

Keith can go on about clever financial work, and steadily growing the club, and consolidating our promotion, and playing beautiful football as much as he wants. As a matter of fact I think they should bring back Jackanory just for Keith.

Tom Eaves would be an ideal loan signing Col. Have been hoping we'd go for him for the past few seasons.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 15:03]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024