Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week 13:25 - Jul 21 with 4893 viewsstigmundo77

Listening to Hills last two interviews, does anyone else think that there are no imminent signings on the way this week. He talks in detail about not spending money (so that quashes any rumours RE bids being accepted at other clubs as why would he say that) and being happy with the future of our young, but talented squad. I still think we need two experienced players in asap, One striker and a holding midfielder. No mentions of Dawson training with us etc either so another rumour. Thoughts?
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 13:39 - Jul 21 with 4827 viewsTommoRAFC

If a players decision comes down to wages then the player obviously isn't the right for for the club.

Look at Vincenti and Lancashire taking pay cuts to join us...

And its not exactly good form to be going round saying you're loaded when you need a couple of players either!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 13:42 - Jul 21 with 4803 viewsnordenblue

Im sure Hilly will get exactly who he wants and id be surprised if his next few transfers havent already agreed to join us prior to the announcement about Hogan, hes hardly going to shout who he wants from the roof tops for obvious reasons, hes no fool and very good in the transfer/loan markets
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 13:43 - Jul 21 with 4794 viewsTomRAFC

“We have to replace him and we will do. The money that we receive from the sale of Scotty Hogan can be invested into the future of the football club. We have a budget and I still have room within my budget to recruit up to four players plus loan players, but I believe after witnessing Saturday that we have the nucleus of a very good young squad. I do need replacements for Scott, there’s no question about that, and I maybe need one or two more faces to freshen the whole place up, but we’ll do it by sticking to our financial plan.”

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-hogan-departs2014-1772274.aspx

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 13:53 - Jul 21 with 4748 viewsdingdangblue

Not too worried - Hilly rarely says too much about possible targets - and he's not talked about Hogan this last week joining Brentford - think he just likes to keep his cards close to his chest, especially when its hard to get players here wage wise. If other clubs knew which players were on Hilly radar there's a good chance we could get gazumped because Hill can spot a player....and then some.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 13:54 - Jul 21 with 4746 viewsTVOS1907

My thoughts are that Hill always keeps his cards very close to his chest regarding players coming into and leaving the club until the deals are completed.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 14:12 - Jul 21 with 4657 viewsaleanddale

People more in the know than most have given a teaser that WEDS could be an interesting day!!

Guess we need to just let Hilly get on with doing what he does best and get that magicians cape on again!!

Its Rabbits out of hat time!!!!
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 14:12 - Jul 21 with 4653 viewselectricblue

It was also mentioned that Hill said hogan was going nowhere the other day....
Now several days after the tweets or whatever hogan as joined brentford as originally posted...

We should take what hill says with a pinch of salt......

Hill will have his targets and who knows one or two may play against bolton on tuesday night.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 14:17 - Jul 21 with 4626 viewsTVOS1907

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 14:12 - Jul 21 by electricblue

Now several days after the tweets or whatever hogan as joined brentford as originally posted...

Hill will have his targets and who knows one or two may play against bolton on tuesday night.....

When did Hill say Hogan was going nowhere?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 14:37 - Jul 21 with 4543 viewsSuddenLad

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 14:12 - Jul 21 by electricblue

Hill said Hogan was 'going nowhere' because until an acceptable bid was received, that was exactly the case.

Hill also said, that conceivably, he will need to recruit two players to fill the gap left by Scott Hogan, such was his versatility and ability to play in a variety of positions.

Keith Hill will have been working very hard for a long time, to ensure he could recruit the right additions to the squad long before Scott moved South.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 15:31 - Jul 21 with 4383 viewsBigKindo

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 13:39 - Jul 21 by TommoRAFC

If a players decision comes down to wages then the player obviously isn't the right for for the club.

Look at Vincenti and Lancashire taking pay cuts to join us...

And its not exactly good form to be going round saying you're loaded when you need a couple of players either!

I thought that Vincenti and Lancashire had their contracts cancelled after Aldershot went into administration? They were , therefore, free agents and looking for employment as they probably had no income.
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 15:37 - Jul 21 with 4347 viewsstigmundo77

Interesting and Valid points from everyone, I just hope that Dawson and potentially Hope are signing this week. If so it will take the sting out of losing Hogan. We looked half decent versus Wigan though and I must admit Tanser looks classy and very composed for one so young.
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 15:44 - Jul 21 with 4302 viewsfitzochris

Think that's a little harsh. Hill said no one would be sold without his say so. He clearly had guarantees that Hogan will be replaced. Let's face it, the reported fee was too good to turn down regardless.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 15:45 - Jul 21 with 4294 viewsdingdangblue

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 15:31 - Jul 21 by BigKindo

I thought that Vincenti and Lancashire had their contracts cancelled after Aldershot went into administration? They were , therefore, free agents and looking for employment as they probably had no income.

I think Aldershot went into administration after the season had ended? Both Vincenti and Lancashire would have had wages all season - which were better than Dale's. Im sure they both could have done better than Dale wage wise but they came here and the rest is history.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 15:46 - Jul 21 with 4289 viewsaleanddale

One of Hillys obvious main strengths is he can spot a player with potential and mould them into a far better player than when they arrived.

the list of saleable assets keeps growing and that in itself is worth plenty to any player who is still young enough but might have lost there way slighly.

Hilly has some faults but in this area he really is a lower league class act.

Looking forward to seeing some movement in the next week or two and to watching Jack Muldoon fill Hogans boots!! and they will take some filling.
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 16:33 - Jul 21 with 4128 viewsRotherhamDale

Hill's recruitment at Dale has always been fantastic. I trust him to deliver the goods. How many supporters can say that of their managers?

Possession with progression.

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 16:22 - Jul 22 with 3617 viewskoober74

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 13:42 - Jul 21 by nordenblue

Im sure Hilly will get exactly who he wants and id be surprised if his next few transfers havent already agreed to join us prior to the announcement about Hogan, hes hardly going to shout who he wants from the roof tops for obvious reasons, hes no fool and very good in the transfer/loan markets

Skin flints and Hilly is a yes man, thread bare squad.

Relegation looms!
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 16:41 - Jul 22 with 3571 viewsTVOS1907

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 16:22 - Jul 22 by koober74

Relegation looms!

CD: "Keith, I think all your staff should wear red this season"

KH: "But our colours are blue and black"

CD: "It's red or dead"

KH: "OK, Mr Chairman, Sir!"

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 17:39 - Jul 22 with 3490 viewsolympicdale

It's rare that Dale sign anyone who has been mentioned on here, we'll just have to be surprised.

Life is a game of fate.

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 20:34 - Jul 22 with 3356 viewsnordenblue

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 16:22 - Jul 22 by koober74

Relegation looms!

You fancy a bet on that? You're attempts at a wind up are piss poor
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 21:12 - Jul 22 with 3293 viewsmacro

With Allen, cannon, camps, diba, tanser all coming through the youth ranks and from the pre season matches the outfield players mentioned will be in and around the first team. The futures bright.
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 22:25 - Jul 22 with 3197 views100notout

Notice Connor Jennings has gone to Wrexham on a free transfer. Only 22 and had a great spell at Macclesfield last season. Shame - thought he could have done a good job for us

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 07:12 - Jul 24 with 2835 viewsaleanddale

As Fitz put on another thread Wednesday has now come and gone. ( Mighty Dale ).

We need to be patient however frustrating it might be.

I think we all trust Hilly 100% and if not this week then maybe next...

If Hilly is waiting for the right man with the right quality to filter down from a higher level then I am happy enough to wait. We are obviously light on numbers ( pacy wide man mentioned and a 9 ) but better to wait and get a diamond than jump in now for a lump of coal.
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 07:42 - Jul 24 with 2793 viewsPDIDDY

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 20:34 - Jul 22 by nordenblue

You fancy a bet on that? You're attempts at a wind up are piss poor

He obviously rattled your cage

Gissa job

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 08:24 - Jul 24 with 2741 viewsBigKindo

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 15:45 - Jul 21 by dingdangblue

I think Aldershot went into administration after the season had ended? Both Vincenti and Lancashire would have had wages all season - which were better than Dale's. Im sure they both could have done better than Dale wage wise but they came here and the rest is history.

You are correct. Aldershot went down then tubes after the season's end. However that would have left Vincenti and Lancashire without contracts for the next season (in the Conference) and no income. They had to find a new club.
Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 08:57 - Jul 24 with 2667 viewsnordenblue

Anyone else thinking , no-ones coming joining in a hurry this week on 07:42 - Jul 24 by PDIDDY

He obviously rattled your cage

Oh yes im raging
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024