Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tight Wad Dunphy and the board 16:17 - Jul 22 with 6476 viewskoober74

Can anybody tell me when Rochdale actually signed a big name? someone who got the fans excited and has a good footballing background?

No i am struggling as well...................Everybody is getting jolly over the Hogan transfer Fee and how much we got off the back off Lambert's transfer and the possibility of £500,000 off Craig Dawsons. How much has the Club received over the years for Said players? Millions.

Looking at the ground, the pitch come December and the depth of the squad nothing has been spent to propell the club forward and sustain a season in League 1.

It's hard to get behind the team when A) Best players get sold and the money doesn't get recycled into replacements B) The clubs a dump from the outside C) Last promotion was followed by a humiliating relegation.

Same thing happened when Rochdale got promoted last time and exact same is happening now. Trialists, Freebies, Youth Team and Zero spends.

Nice one Dunphy, give yourself and your Directors a pat on the back.

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 23:23 - Jul 22 with 896 viewsSalwaDale

I always thought Flounders was £80k. Still can't believe we did a loan swap with Don Page.

TBBT

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 23:35 - Jul 22 with 850 views442Dale

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 23:23 - Jul 22 by SalwaDale

I always thought Flounders was £80k. Still can't believe we did a loan swap with Don Page.

Yeah, it was 80. Think the Page swap was during a period where rumours were saying he'd fallen out with Sutton. Remember hearing he'd got two on his debut for Rotherham and it was the start of the doubts around Sutton's man-management.

Flounders returned and started the next season but quickly drifted out of the side. Have to say though, his forward play during his first season, 91/92, was as clever as any I'd seen up to that point. His brain was well above Division 4 standard.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 23:40 - Jul 22 with 841 viewsThran

The only thing I could input into this that hasn't been mentioned already (unless I've misread) is when the OP is talking about someone who got the fans 'excited'.

Watching a bunch of players I had little knowledge of before last season come together and pull off what they did (when we we're being optimistic thinking about pushing for a play-off spot) was so much more exciting and memorable for us than if we signed some big names who would inevitably not benefit us like the previously relatively unknown players have done.

We aren't a club who buys big names and why would we want to be?
That's for the club on the other side of Heywood

Poll: Bigger drop, Wigan or Tranmere?

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 23:42 - Jul 22 with 838 viewsSalwaDale

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 23:35 - Jul 22 by 442Dale

Yeah, it was 80. Think the Page swap was during a period where rumours were saying he'd fallen out with Sutton. Remember hearing he'd got two on his debut for Rotherham and it was the start of the doubts around Sutton's man-management.

Flounders returned and started the next season but quickly drifted out of the side. Have to say though, his forward play during his first season, 91/92, was as clever as any I'd seen up to that point. His brain was well above Division 4 standard.

When I said I thought it was £80 I was just being polite. The swap was definitely the beginning of the end for Sutty in my opinion. I always liked him but getting shut of Flounders hurt, my favourite at the time.

TBBT

Tight Wad Dunphy and the board on 23:45 - Jul 22 with 836 viewsSalwaDale

Any talk of big signings will get me thinking of Lee Hodges. I've never been as excited for a signing as when we signed him, didn't turn out too well.

TBBT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024